Power Gig Rise of the Six String - $25 Big Lots

sfu_lifer

CAGiversary!
Just snagged a 360 Power Gig Rise of the Six String bundle (on their flyer as well).
This controller is well built and you can use it as a normal electric guitar (well 2/3rds of it) if hooked up to an amp.
I know it was reviewed badly all around but there are some artists like Clapton you can only find on this.

Did you see any PS3 versions laying around next to it? The ad only shows the 360 version pictured, but doesn't necessarily state the deal is only for the 360...

nice Rick Rude avatar! I picked up Tony Hawk Shred for 360 on Friday night for $20, it's not that bad.. pretty cool for a change of pace. I'm going to check for six string later today.

Thanks, and now I'm interested in the guitar itself. Are there any neat features to use for it besides the game? I know it can be used in a regular amplifier. Could it work with the pc to record anything? That would be cool.

[quote name='gorgo']Does the guitar work with Rock Band?[/QUOTE]

Not for pro-mode, if that's what you're thinking. It will work in normal mode, but I wouldn't recommend it. It's a terrible, terrible, shitty guitar. The body is plastic, it's virtually impossible to tune, and it has a horrible tone to it. The game itself, while not "good," isn't quite as terrible as it's made out to be. If you're a big fan of the music games, it's worth playing. But I would play it with a GH/RB guitar instead of the six string.

Also, this bundle has been this price at Big Lots for about 2 months, so don't be surprised if they are no longer in stock at all stores. This is also at least the third thread on the subject, too, but I know the search function on this forum is a bit wonky.

[quote name='DJP519']Also, this bundle has been this price at Big Lots for about 2 months, so don't be surprised if they are no longer in stock at all stores. This is also at least the third thread on the subject, too, but I know the search function on this forum is a bit wonky.[/QUOTE]

Big Lots put this (again) in their recent ad (6/12) so they must have gotten restocked on this, so this "new" thread is legit...

yea i saw them along with $20 tony hawk shred bundles. both on either console. passed on everything because it really is garbage. why waste your money on this?

bread's done
Back