Power Rangers: Mighty Morphin' - Lost Galaxy - $219.95 w/ FS @ TL (MMPR $83.99 @ AMZ)

Vigilante

CAGiversary!
Feedback
67 (100%)
UPDATE (10/4): Amazon has the complete series for Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (this is only the original series and doesn't include Zeo and what follows), scheduled for release 11/20, to preorder at $83.99, 30% off the $119.99 list price!

----------
Original post:

http://www.timelife.com/webapp/wcs/...ill&siteID=fziHLe0yqFU-igfDv.cCzTWV76s6u.svHA

TimeLife said they'd be releasing a set of the first seven seasons of Power Rangers (338 episodes), and they've finally revealed further details including the high(?) price tag, ship date, and extras (including a bonus collectible action figure only acquirable through preordering this collection).

Paying in $43.99 installments is an option if you don't want to or can't pay the full $219.95.

Yes, yes, this is technically MSRP, but collections like this are deals to the right people...though I'm wondering if $219.95 for seven seasons (~$31.42 per season) is too high.

For comparison, Amazon has the first half of Season 1 up for preorder here for $17.94.

Thoughts on whether this is a good deal?

EDIT: According to ssjmichael, you can take 10% off your next order (i.e., this) if you sign up for the TimeLife newsletter on the main page.

EDIT 2: Here's a link to images of the two packages you'll receive through this deal (as well as the bonus action figure).

Say it with me now: DO WANT. :drool::drool::drool:

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't want seasons 4-7 then you can buy the complete mmpr season set later as it will be released separetly. However you will not get the 3 DVD disks worth of bonus features.

[quote name='guardian_owl']It varies from show to show for me, a lot of the Disney late 80s/early 90s animated series stand up for me. I tried watching the original animated Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles again and I don't know what it about the way the voice actors, I don't know, talk down to the audience in their pattern of speech (like midway between baby talk and normal speaking patterns) that it literally gives me a headache if I try to watch more than 4 episodes in a row.

I had the same problem (to a lesser extent) with He-man.[/QUOTE]

You're not alone man. I often go back and watch Arthur, Busytown, and The Magic School Bus. I was on vacation last year, and Busytown came on. I lost it, lol. I had my cereal bars, and orange juice.I miss the 90's so much. Who could forget Family Matters?

[quote name='Vigilante']Images of the two packages have surfaced..and I'm having trouble cleaning up all this drool I've left on the floor: http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-Seasons-1-through-7/17080
:drool::drool::drool:

This may have just become an epic must-buy for me.[/QUOTE]

Wait a second, I'm confused. I thought Time Life said that it would be the individual releases bubble-wrapped together? Are we getting the box instead? That box set is fucking beautiful, man. Then again, I may just pick up the MMPR box set and then the individual Zeo set. Those are the only two I thoroughly enjoyed.

[quote name='PopcornBandit']Wait a second, I'm confused. I thought Time Life said that it would be the individual releases bubble-wrapped together? Are we getting the box instead? That box set is fucking beautiful, man. Then again, I may just pick up the MMPR box set and then the individual Zeo set. Those are the only two I thoroughly enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

by separate disc cases they meant the box sets. Since there's two of them, they're going to bubble wrap them together with the figure. That's what I figured it would be from the start, but some members like Kerig seemed to have gotten confused by it.

Time Life will take the separate disc cases and the action figure, and wrap them in bubble wrap and send them to you in a regular shipping carton.

[quote name='ssjmichael']by separate disc cases they meant the box sets. Since there's two of them, they're going to bubble wrap them together with the figure. That's what I figured it would be from the start, but some members like Kerig seemed to have gotten confused by it.[/QUOTE]

Ah, ok. Thanks for clearing that up. I'll just buy both sets then. $40 a month isn't too bad.

[quote name='Drclaw411']did you guys see the morphicon guest list? who the hell tracked down Royce Herron (ms appleby)[/QUOTE]

She was there last time. She's sweet as hell!

Can anyone check if the DADDYDOUBLE code is still active (I'd check myself, but I can't on the computer I'm using right now)? I read somewhere that it might only be working through Father's Day (I totally didn't get that from the code :\), but it couldn't hurt to check, right?

looks like it's dead now. But if you sign up for their newsletter (found on main page) you apparently get 10% off your next order which is the same discount as daddydouble

For anyone going to SDCC, its been announced that there will be an exclusive 19 disc MMPR collection set sold there.

In related news: David Yost (MMPR Blue/Billy) has just been announced as a guest for a special Saturday event at PMC!

I got my set in the mail the other day :)

dsc00101ly.jpg

Dug out the remaining Figures from my childhood, plus the red one that came with the set and now this is how I have it set up hahah

dsc00102la.jpg

Im 22 and still/will always love power rangers. Watch the sentai, its better/more mature kinda. Power rangers just stays with me like sonic and mario cause im a kid at heart. Some of the new power ranger seasons are good, but you should just check them out yourself to see which ones you like. They might still be on netflix.

I liked RPM and Jungle Fury the most out of the newer ones. Also the one where Tommy comes back(I think its Dino Thunder) is good imo.

In the newer seasons there is a forever red episode where all the red power rangers fight, and an episode where select power rangers from different seasons fight(johny young bosch was one as the original black ranger, forgot the other 4)

[quote name='Jack_Frost']I liked RPM and Jungle Fury the most out of the newer ones. Also the one where Tommy comes back(I think its Dino Thunder) is good imo.[/quote]

RPM is pretty well-liked, its by far the most mature season. And you are correct, Tommy comes back for Dino Thunder.

In the newer seasons there is a forever red episode where all the red power rangers fight, and an episode where select power rangers from different seasons fight(johny young bosch was one as the original black ranger, forgot the other 4)

'Forever Red' is from the Wild Force season. The other one you're thinking of is 'Once A Ranger' from Operation Overdrive -- it features Adam (MMPR Black), Bridge (SPD Green/Red), Xander (Mystic Force Green), Tori (Ninja Storm Blue) and Kira (Dino Thunder Yellow).

Also, for a quick update on the next set: "The next Shout! PR set containing Lightspeed Rescue to (probably) Wild Force will be out sometime next year. The set may or may not include Ninja Storm."

[quote name='AEJustin1']I got my set in the mail the other day :)

dsc00101ly.jpg

Dug out the remaining Figures from my childhood, plus the red one that came with the set and now this is how I have it set up hahah

dsc00102la.jpg
[/QUOTE]

WANT SO BAD

Can't justify the $200 price tag though D:

[quote name='PR Mega X']RPM is pretty well-liked, its by far the most mature season. And you are correct, Tommy comes back for Dino Thunder.

'Forever Red' is from the Wild Force season. The other one you're thinking of is 'Once A Ranger' from Operation Overdrive -- it features Adam (MMPR Black), Bridge (SPD Green/Red), Xander (Mystic Force Green), Tori (Ninja Storm Blue) and Kira (Dino Thunder Yellow).

Also, for a quick update on the next set: "The next Shout! PR set containing Lightspeed Rescue to (probably) Wild Force will be out sometime next year. The set may or may not include Ninja Storm."[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the refresh, it's been a while and im lazy. Any idea why Ninja Storm may not be included?

I want a dvd set of the sentai :hot:

[quote name='Jack_Frost']Thanks for the refresh, it's been a while and im lazy. Any idea why Ninja Storm may not be included?

I want a dvd set of the sentai :hot:[/QUOTE]

Subbed or dubbed?

so seeing that picture of the complete set does that mean there will only be 9 individual volumes to get if bought separately? season 1 volume one is already out for $15. 9 x 15.......135. Considerably a lot cheaper...but no boxes, figure or bonus dvds...but saving that much is well worth it imo.

Shout Factory has just the Might Morphin Set on their site for $119.98. Like their other past big box sets, I'm sure it will show up on Amazon with a discounted price.

But yeah, I don't think I live Power Rangers enough to throw down $200+. But I want the box D:

I ended up doing the 5 payments of $43.99 :) Paid one payment so far and already got my set. Only four more payments to go haha

They have done this many times with their other series. Example: Transformers, Beast Wars, Reboot, etc....

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']Sure enough, November 20th.

http://tvshowsondvd.com/news/Mighty-Morphin-Power-Rangers-The-Complete-Series/17481

Sort of shitty for them to suddenly do it this way, after pushing their half-season collections first.[/QUOTE]

wonder how much itll be in stores. you would think a complete set would be cheaper then buying volumes individually, but if the volumes are priced $15-$20 each then buying the set of 5 for $120 seems off...even if it comes in a box.

I want this so bad, but I don't even have enough cash for all the albums and games coming out around this time that I want. The last Power Ranger series I cared about was Ninja Storm. Oh nostalgia bug.

[quote name='ZeroFlame15']MMPR: The Complete Series now available for pre-order on Amazon (Half of the PR Mega Box Set and includes the bonus features).

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=B008XRE81E&linkCode=as2&tag=mysticpoint04-20[/QUOTE]
BOOM, 30% off! :applause: Thanks for the update. Maybe/hopefully the set will drop a bit more in price closer to release; it's already looking preferable to get this and the remaining series through Lost Galaxy (eventually, assuming the same discount situation happens) to buying the entire $219.95 set (unless you really really want the figure :cool:).

If it wasn't already on netflix i'd be all over this pre-order. I'll still end up buying it at some point, but right at launch would pile more money on right when i'll be buying Wii U things.

Since you guys seem to be more on top of all of these upcoming and current Power Rangers releases, what would be the best way to buy them if I want everything up to Lost Galaxy? Everything after Lost I have no interest in but up to Lost I want. It seems there's quite a few sets out there so I want to get the best one thinking economically here.

If you can't wait, I would say buy the MMPR to Lost Galaxy Set for 219.

Or you can wait and pre-purchase the MMPR Complete Series for 83.99 at Amazon . I would reckon they would bundle Zeo, Turbo, In Space, and Lost Galaxy as a set as well for probably the same price or a bit more.

[quote name='Navex']Since you guys seem to be more on top of all of these upcoming and current Power Rangers releases, what would be the best way to buy them if I want everything up to Lost Galaxy? Everything after Lost I have no interest in but up to Lost I want. It seems there's quite a few sets out there so I want to get the best one thinking economically here.[/QUOTE]

What's your reason for not having interest in anything after Lost Galaxy? I used to be like that, it's like a hipster thing. If you have netflix at least check out a few episodes of the newer ones. I actually enjoyed a few of the later seasons.

I thought Lightspeed Rescue, Time Force, Wild Force (Last of the Saban Series), Dino Thunder, SPD, Mystic Force, and Jungle Fury was pretty good. Although, Disney abandoned most of the continuity previously established by Saban, even though they had Tommy return in Dino Thunder. :lol:

Hopefully, Mega Force is pretty good. I couldn't really get into Samurai. But I'll give it another try when the Complete Series comes out.

[quote name='Navex']Since you guys seem to be more on top of all of these upcoming and current Power Rangers releases, what would be the best way to buy them if I want everything up to Lost Galaxy? Everything after Lost I have no interest in but up to Lost I want. It seems there's quite a few sets out there so I want to get the best one thinking economically here.[/QUOTE]

Do what I did:

Watch the crossover episodes for each of the following series, they're easily the best of each one anyway, and they may motivate you to check some of them out.

The only series I can really recommend are Time Force and Dino Thunder, I've watched very little of each of the others. Mystic Force is pretty cool too though from what I saw.

[quote name='Olengie']Preorder on Amazon is now 107.99[/QUOTE]Shoot, I'm glad I preordered it then! :whistle2:# Sorry to those who'll miss out now.

[quote name='Vigilante']Shoot, I'm glad I preordered it then! :whistle2:# Sorry to those who'll miss out now.[/QUOTE]

Sorry for me. :whistle2:# Can't afford that at the moment.

The complete series boxset for MMPR is back down to $83.99 at Amazon for those interested (link in OP). Get your preorders in now before it jumps up again! :D

bread's done
Back