power up rewards on gamestop.com

Is "power up" the new edge? If so, yes you can use it. Just enter the # during checkout. Haven't been to gamestop in quite some time so I don't know about their new card. Be sure to use CAG16 too for an additional $16% off your purchase price.

You can use it for the 10% off but you won't get any points for the transaction. Using your power up card online is just like having the old edge card. The benefits of the power up card are only for in store transactions right now.

yeah, it started out in the east coast and is in its beta phase. it should be moving westward at the end of this month/beginning of next month

the exchange rate isn't as good as best buy's though. you get 10 pts for every dollar spent on new stuff and 20 pts for every dollar spent on preowned stuff, but to get 10 dollars off a preowned purchase, you need 10,000 pts.

[quote name='battousai11']yeah, it started out in the east coast and is in its beta phase. it should be moving westward at the end of this month/beginning of next month

the exchange rate isn't as good as best buy's though. you get 10 pts for every dollar spent on new stuff and 20 pts for every dollar spent on preowned stuff, but to get 10 dollars off a preowned purchase, you need 10,000 pts.[/QUOTE]

Even more reason to avoid Gamestopo.

[quote name='2DMention']Even more reason to avoid Gamestopo.[/QUOTE]
Yeah the "rewards" are really a non-benefit.
It's mainly to look like they are making effort when really, they aren't.

[quote name='battousai11']yeah, it started out in the east coast and is in its beta phase. it should be moving westward at the end of this month/beginning of next month

the exchange rate isn't as good as best buy's though. you get 10 pts for every dollar spent on new stuff and 20 pts for every dollar spent on preowned stuff, but to get 10 dollars off a preowned purchase, you need 10,000 pts.[/QUOTE]

So you have to spend $500~1000 just to get $10 off? That's really horrible.

[quote name='tankass']So that means for every $1000 in new stuff or $500 in used stuff, u get a $10 GC?[/QUOTE]

a $10 off gc, or you can get $10 off preowned for 8,000 pts

[quote name='battousai11']yep, i brought that up to the store manager and he said: "it's better than the nothing you had before"[/QUOTE]

Only if these points dont expire every year like the rewards zone. Meh, as stated by others, its a "non-deal" cause Im not going to change my buying practices to try and spend $500-$1000 just for $10 GC. Especially if Im buying new, buying from amazon saves me more than that on tax alone.

[quote name='tankass']Only if these points dont expire every year like the rewards zone. Meh, as stated by others, its a "non-deal" cause Im not going to change my buying practices to try and spend $500-$1000 just for $10 GC. Especially if Im buying new, buying from amazon saves me more than that on tax alone.[/QUOTE]

it expires if you don't make at least a purchase in a year.

I agree completely, I mainly only use it for preowned stuff, I buy most of my new stuff somewhere else unless they have a great preorder bonus

I just joined the Powerup pro for $15. It isn't too bad because you get a year of Game Informer with it and 10% off used stuff. It paid for itself on my first purchase. Got Dead Rising 2, Mario Galaxy 2 and Metroid Prime Trilogy for $99 and change with the 10% and BOGO deal last weekend. I didn't have an edge card before so this is new for me.

I think it is now out on the west coast in some places as I got it when I picked up Fallout New Vegas at midnight in Tucson, Az.

As for it being worthwhile, I am not so sure but I do buy new games from GS on release day (pre-order bonuses for the most part) and return the game from Amazon when I get them so I signed up to make up for that.

bread's done
Back