POX List as of August 26th

[quote name='CocheseUGA']I think we should all get together and put together a class-action lawsuit that makes retailers honor their website prices, 'different company' or not. I think the savings would outweigh the taxes (that are coming, anyways...)[/QUOTE]

Not over this one . . . this was a glitch. I saw the Sunday ad and it was very clear that THUG2 was $5 if you bought Wasteland . . . we got lucky to get it for $5. Making a big issue out of this dosen't make sense.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I'm pretty sure GT4 only get $10 at EB Games. I took my GT4 (from the first deal this summer) in and asked if I could get credit instead. They said no, of course, but said that I could trade it in for $10. He was willing to increase it to $15, but I think it's in the computer for $10. I sold it on Ebay for $26.50 instead.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I sold both my copies for about that much on half.com . Might go get another.

[quote name='cheapfrag']Yeah - I mentioned the "Pre-played" on the Gift Receipt for GT4 and was worried it would hamper my return of the game. But I traded it in with no problems using the Gift Receipt --- maybe I got lucky, who knows?
[/QUOTE]

i returned two copies today at two different stores and had no problems. I never noticed the "pre-played" before either, but then again I never looked for it until this trade in deal. It could have been there all along...

I traded in a MOH Frontline PS2 yesterday . . . it was PO.

I don't recall an answer from earlier discussion . . . did Metroid Prime go POX?

I saw it instore today for $5.99 . . . but the tag said PO and was dated 10-14

Also, how about Crimson Skies?

[quote name='paean']I don't see ESPN NHL 2k5 (Xbox) on the exclusion list... think I can get on the GT4 deal with this and I-Ninja/Final Fantasy X-2?[/QUOTE]

Hooray, it worked! I got GT4! I can't believe they took NHL 2k5, hehe.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I just noticed that MOH: F is $7.99 used on EBgames.com. I know it was PO a week ago, but wonder if it's POX now?[/QUOTE]

i I traded it on the 17th no problems... still PO.

[quote name='schultzed']I traded in a MOH Frontline PS2 yesterday . . . it was PO.

I don't recall an answer from earlier discussion . . . did Metroid Prime go POX?

I saw it instore today for $5.99 . . . but the tag said PO and was dated 10-14

Also, how about Crimson Skies?[/QUOTE]

crap, you already beat me to it.

anyways I believe someone said that their copy of metroid prime was refused not too long ago.

Trivial Pursuit is still PO as of Oct 20. No surprise that my other 2 were PO: Call of Duty Finest Hour for PS2 and THUG2 for GC. Dude checked all the fine print on the flyer and only let me get one GT4 today. Haven't had that problem before :D. And this was just after I actually spent $90 buying games from him (that I intend to keep!).

Just traded in 3 games for the GT4:
Midway Arcade Treasure 2 - Trade in value $5 (bought at TRU for $0.01)
Tony Hawk Underground 2 - Trade in value $5 (bought at BB for $5 - $5 BBB)
Bad Boys - Trade in value $3 (bought at BB for $9.99 - $5 McD coupon)

They didn't have a factory sealed copy - only a copy with clear round seal on the long edge.

(I tried to buy MOH: F at the GameStop at the mall and it had a $7.99 sticker on it instead of $3.99 - oh well - had to make a quick run to BB to pick up Bad Boys.)

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']MOH:F should ring up at $3.99 at gamestop regardless of what the tag says.[/QUOTE]

Yea, that's what I thought - I had bought one for 3.99 at a different store a week ago. But I asked the guy if the prices were up to date and he said yes. Plus I had noticed that the gamestop.com web site had it listed as 7.99 so I thought maybe the price went up. I didn't want to bother having the guy ring it up - he seemed a little grouchy. I saw J&D for $4.99 but wasn't sure if it was PO so I drove across the street to get Bad Boys. But looking at the list, J&D is PO.

Damn, I've been slowed down by this return one at a time policy :) I returned my 5th one today. Only holding one more copy of GT4 right now . . . I wonder how many more I can do before the 30th?

Married with kids and resonsibilities, plus the store is on my way home from work but 20 min. away from home I can't make as many trips as I'd like.

[quote name='fivecardstud']^ you must have a bazillion in EB credit now... can i have a ps3 please? :)[/QUOTE]

At least you asked nicely . . . but I don't have as much as Io :) So ask him.

I don't know if or when I will get a PS3, 360 or Revo . . . I guess I need to see a few must have games. Until then, I will play my pile of unplayed current sys games and wait for discounts on others (God of War, RE4, . . .). I have about $500 in credit now (from less than $200 in cash) which would last me about 6-7 months at my current expediture level on EBGames.com. I guess if I could get up over $800-1000 then popping for a new system would become more likely. Hopefully there will be some good clearances on games and more good tradein deals. If only this GT4 level ($13.33 per game would go on another month or two ;-)).

$13.33 is pretty sweet, i have done it twice but I just don't have the time to really go after it any more. Back in march with the PSP game deal and the oh-so-sweet PO list (Jampack?!, 9 more holes?!?) I drove around a bit and got some mileage out of that deal, but, and I hate to say it, but with "gas prices these days" it would actually cut into the ol' profit margin.

Perhaps if they have another bonus $5 POX included sale I can get back up to your guys' level again.

[quote name='schultzed']At least you asked nicely . . . but I don't have as much as Io :) So ask him.

I have about $500 in credit now (from less than $200 in cash) which would last me about 6-7 months at my current expediture level on EBGames.com. I guess if I could get up over $800-1000 then popping for a new system would become more likely. Hopefully there will be some good clearances on games and more good tradein deals. If only this GT4 level ($13.33 per game would go on another month or two ;-)).[/QUOTE]

Actually, I don't have as much as you, as I have spent quite a bit at ebgames.com recently (and also $90 on the 3 Namco games deal). I have only done the GT4 return thing once - I made most of my credit off the $5 bonus trade-in deal. I wish that would come back, PO or POX... Unfortunately, I have a feeling the good deals will soon come to an end as EB gets more in line with GS-style pricing and promos.

I do hope to save most of my credit for a sizeable deposit on the PS3 though - but I'll probably end up using most for a new DS once Mario Kart and Animal Crossing come out so I can play multiplayer with the kids :D.

I just got back from my EBgames. I traded in:

Cabela 2005: Deer Hunter (PS2) $4
Sillent Hill 2 (Xbox) $1
MAT: 2 (Xbox) $4

LOTR:ROTK (Xbox) $2
Cabela 2005: Deer Hunter (PS2) $2
Metal Arms: Glitch in the system (xbox) $4

I got 2 copies of GT4 for that. I also had a chance to play the Xbox 360. I saw two people preorder the system when I was on the line. The system is going to sell out this holiday season.

[quote name='ananag112']I just got back from my EBgames. I traded in:

Cabela 2005: Deer Hunter (PS2)
Sillent Hill 2 (Xbox)
MAT: 2 (Xbox)

LOTR:ROTK (Xbox)
Cabela 2005: Deer Hunter (PS2)
Metal Arms: Glitch in the system (xbox)

I got 2 copies of GT4 for that. I also had a chance to play the Xbox 360. I saw two people preorder the system when I was on the line. The system is going to sell out this holiday season.[/QUOTE]

I posted this in the EB deals thread. You did good - I've been denied 2 copies at two different stores now. One let me get one copy, the other didn't let me get ANY because I got one there 6 days ago or so! This is a very new development... I'll have to go to a couple stores that I never usually go to.

[quote name='io']I posted this in the EB deals thread. You did good - I've been denied 2 copies at two different stores now. One let me get one copy, the other didn't let me get ANY because I got one there 6 days ago or so! This is a very new development... I'll have to go to a couple stores that I never usually go to.[/QUOTE]

I see. The mall I went to has two EBgames stores in it. I went to the first and got a copy and then I went to the second store.

[quote name='ananag112']I see. The mall I went to has two EBgames stores in it. I went to the first and got a copy and then I went to the second store.[/QUOTE]

2 EB's in one mall? I hope they don't have a Gamestop and a Software Etc (ie, Gamestop) as well - doesn't bode well for the EB's :D. Unfortunately, while there are several EB's around me, they are mostly all 15-20 miles apart.

[quote name='io']2 EB's in one mall? I hope they don't have a Gamestop and a Software Etc (ie, Gamestop) as well - doesn't bode well for the EB's :D. Unfortunately, while there are several EB's around me, they are mostly all 15-20 miles apart.[/QUOTE]

Heh. They have a GameStop in there as well. I should ask them what they are planning on doing. I hope the get rid of the GameStop as the employees there are horrible and they refuse to sell me penny guides.

Anyone try Kya of the PS2 lately? Or NFL Street for GC? I noticed that one is back up to $9.99 preowned. Actually, there's a lot of sports games not on the POX list posted for the GC. Although I imagine more are on there by now as the 06 games are out.

Jak&Daxter is PO and gets $1.

FYI - I tried to buy Splinter Cell for PS2 for $4.99 (for EB GT4 Trade in deal) at GAMESTOP but they said the tag was wrong and the price had increased to $7.99.

[quote name='pop311']What trade-in should I do? GT4 or another Z: TP[/QUOTE]

Gt4 will get you the best value for your games. That's only if you don't mind getting it, gift reciept, and returning it later. The deal is good enough for me to do even though I find it easy to do a preorder and then change it over to what I want or cancel it.

Hopefully EB has some nice trade in deals starting in November and goes out with a bang before GS takes over and potentially kills it all with their non-deals.

Haven't been to EB since Fri. Did 2 more GT4s on Mon:

Metroid Prime .50
Crimson Skies .50
Silent Hill 2 X 1.00
MAT 1 X 2.00
Crazy Taxi X 2.00
PN 03 1.00

What would have been $7 in tradein credit becomes $80.

This makes 8 . . . I think I'll stop at 10.

Unfortunately, I keep drawing the manager when I go in. I think he's getting tired of my scamming the store. But he's a really nice guy and he dosen't give me shit. More like Dylan's "Positively 4th Street" than anything else.

Hard to tell though because the guy is really sarcastic. Smart guy who probably feels a bit stuck working at an EB in a mall. I actually like to talk games with him.

[quote name='schultzed']
Metroid Prime .50
Crimson Skies .50
Silent Hill 2 X 1.00
MAT 1 X 2.00
Crazy Taxi X 2.00
PN 03 1.00[/QUOTE]

Were any of these games really cheap (less than $5)?

[quote name='cheapfrag']Were any of these games really cheap (less than $5)?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but if you're using EB credit to get more EB credit? I don't want to go overboard with that, but to supplement other games.

Some of this stuff, I'm just thinning the herd. But also I may rebuy Crazy Taxi for $7.50 in ebcredit online (at a $5 profit) . . . I bought Crimson Skies at EB last week for about $7 after Edge to appease them because of my returns. MP is selling for $5.99 before coupons at EB. Right now, the POX list is pretty sloppy.

PN03 is an old CC $5 clearance game that was POX but recently went PO.

None of these were bought recently at a place (BB, Target, CC) where you could go scoop them up.

[quote name='schultzed']Yeah, but if you're using EB credit to get more EB credit? I don't want to go overboard with that, but to supplement other games.

Some of this stuff, I'm just thinning the herd. But also I may rebuy Crazy Taxi for $7.50 in ebcredit online (at a $5 profit) . . . I bought Crimson Skies at EB last week for about $7 after Edge to appease them because of my returns. MP is selling for $5.99 before coupons at EB. Right now, the POX list is pretty sloppy.

None of these were bought recently at a place (BB, Target, CC) where you could go scoop them up.[/QUOTE]

So what is PN03?

[quote name='schultzed']Yeah, but if you're using EB credit to get more EB credit? I don't want to go overboard with that, but to supplement other games.

None of these were bought recently at a place (BB, Target, CC) where you could go scoop them up.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info... What is MP (Max Payne?) With regard to buying Crazy Taxi again, the GT4 deal ends 10/30, so won't be able to reuse it for that deal, will you?

[quote name='evophile']Gt4 will get you the best value for your games. That's only if you don't mind getting it, gift reciept, and returning it later. The deal is good enough for me to do even though I find it easy to do a preorder and then change it over to what I want or cancel it.

Hopefully EB has some nice trade in deals starting in November and goes out with a bang before GS takes over and potentially kills it all with their non-deals.[/QUOTE]
Why do you need a gift reciept?

[quote name='cheapfrag']Thanks for the info... What is MP (Max Payne?) With regard to buying Crazy Taxi again, the GT4 deal ends 10/30, so won't be able to reuse it for that deal, will you?[/QUOTE]

Wow, a flurry of messages.

I meant that I have traded in games that I may (or may not) rebuy. So, I traded in Crazy Taxi for Xbox and got $13.33 (I bought it for $10 18 months ago). If I decide I want it again (hmmmm), I can buy it for $10 or $7.50 after coupons on EB.com.

MP was Metroid Prime. As of yesterday, it was $5.99 instore or online before coupons but gets $13.33 in this deal. Personally, I don't want to overly exploit this kind of flipping (buy from EB, tradein to EB, buy from EB) but if you need one more game . . .

PN 03 . . . is a Gamecube shooter by Capcom:
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/562549.asp

You ask for a gift receipt because it won't have the information on how the game was purchased on it. Some people have run into trouble returning a game they got on one of these tradein deals.

So, you trade in three PO games and leave with GT4 . . . your receipt has the games listed with the bump up to $13.33. You go back the next day and they may or may not let you return it for $40 in EB credit. With a gift receipt, the hope is that you can return it for credit at another store and they won't know you got it through the deal.

[quote name='pop311']Why do you need a gift reciept?[/QUOTE]
I think the assumption is that you will have a harder time returning it for $39.99 credit if the receipt shows that you traded in 3 games worth $6 and got GT4 free.

[quote name='cheapfrag']I think the assumption is that you will have a harder time returning it for $39.99 credit if the receipt shows that you traded in 3 games worth $6 and got GT4 free.[/QUOTE]
And how do you go aroundd getting a gift reciept? And do you need to go to a different EB?

[quote name='pop311']And how do you go aroundd getting a gift reciept? And do you need to go to a different EB?[/QUOTE]

Just ask for it when you do the trade in.

Different EB to return it? IT'd be easier that way, but if you do go to the same store, I'd at least return it to a different clerk. The receipts here all have their names on them so I never return to the same guy just in case heh.

Why didn't EB learn from this loophole the last time around? The GT4 deal and seeing schultzed trade in 8 GT4's is like a siren's call - I feel the urge to go to EBs around town and just flipping the games using my EB store credit...it would be really nice to be able to cover part of the costs of a PS3...But I've got to resist the temptation, convincing myself that it's better for the long run if I don't exploit their trade in deals.

Schultzed - How the hell can you get away with returning 8 copies? Don't the people get mad, isn't it obvious that you're building huge amounts of credit on one single gift card?

[quote name='jngx80']Why didn't EB learn from this loophole the last time around? The GT4 deal and seeing schultzed trade in 8 GT4's is like a siren's call - I feel the urge to go to EBs around town and just flipping the games using my EB store credit...it would be really nice to be able to cover part of the costs of a PS3...But I've got to resist the temptation, convincing myself that it's better for the long run if I don't exploit their trade in deals.

Schultzed - How the hell can you get away with returning 8 copies? Don't the people get mad, isn't it obvious that you're building huge amounts of credit on one single gift card?[/QUOTE]

I agree that over exploitation will kill deals. And 10 GTAs (my goal) is really pushing it. One thing, I get along very well with the people at my store. They know what I'm doing and don't seem to give a shit about it (BTW, we're not really friends).

I would caution against flipping bunches of games . . . I'm just doing a few. I traded in MOH Frontline PS2 and then bought it for the Xbox online for $7.50. For the most part, I trade in personal copies of games and then rebuy them online with the 25% discount.

I think the other thing is that I try to vary what games I bring in . . . so they are not saddled with 8 copies of a game (I try not to do more than 2 of any game even within a month).

As for loopholes, they are usually very good at keeping the POX list updated but they have been more lax lately.

Also, I heard that the heavy flipping occurred from employees who were disciplined by the company.

My feeling is more of a live for today attitude now. With the merger, these deals will likely be gone. In contrast to months past, I see it as get what you can now.

The safeguards that EB put in appear to be YMMV. Some store accept the returns and others don't. According to the local employees, I am the only person who does these deals. If the store had half a dozen con artists (I mean traders) then the policies might be different.

So Schultzed I have like 9 games at home that I know aren't POX so your telling me I can flip those nine games into $120 bucks worth of EB credit by the 30th that is fucking awesome I am sorry I didn't pay attention sooner I would have been able to build up enough credit toward a 360 the exact way I told everyone I would by spending less than 200 bucks and trading in the games for that.

[quote name='schultzed'] The safeguards that EB put in appear to be YMMV. Some store accept the returns and others don't. According to the local employees, I am the only person who does these deals. If the store had half a dozen con artists (I mean traders) then the policies might be different.[/QUOTE]

I find that interesting as well. When BB dropped prices on that slew of games a month ago, it was already raided a minute after the store opened. Four people, shopping carts, and piles of games at discount prices. That deal was over before it ever started. But the deals at EB and GameStop across the street? I think I'm the only person participating, for the most part considering that people around my school are trying to dump their old PS2 and XBox games for dirt cheap while not checking out EB or GameStop whatsoever. Sad thing is that most of the games are not on the POX list, so instead of getting around $30 for a slew of 13 games they could be getting around $120+ in credit, easy.

Oh well...now I'm considering buying the used games from campus people and trading up while the POX is still quite lenient on those particular titles.

Does anyone know is Starsky & Hutch (PS2) is still PO... It is listed at $7.99 pre-owned on the EB Games web site so I'm a little concerned. But Jak & Daxter was the same price and it is PO.

As far as building EB credit using GT4... I have been using 5 EB Game stores to trade in games to get GT4 and returning GT4 for credit. I have returned 3 so far and I have not returned more than 1 GT4 to any 1 store. I may get 1 more GT4 but keep it for myself.

I couldn't believe it. I actually got away with trading in a Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance for the GT4 deal. I was almost positive, despite it not being on the list in this thread, that it was gonna end up being POX.

[quote name='uzumaki_star']So Schultzed I have like 9 games at home that I know aren't POX so your telling me I can flip those nine games into $120 bucks worth of EB credit by the 30th that is fucking awesome I am sorry I didn't pay attention sooner I would have been able to build up enough credit toward a 360 the exact way I told everyone I would by spending less than 200 bucks and trading in the games for that.[/QUOTE]

There is some YMMV element to this. I'd say trade in 3 games and get one. Then try to return it the next day and see what happens. Some people have been unable to return the game gotten on the trade deal.

You can get more copies before the 30th and would have 14 days to return them.

bread's done
Back