Pre-order 3 Games (360/PS3) $179, get $50 gift card, B2G1 Plat Hits at Walmart

I wonder if the other credits for pre-ordering apply. Like if you go deal and one of those games, Singularity, comes with a $20 dollar gift card for pre-ordering, would you get that on top of the $50.

If so it would be good to get like Singularity, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, and Fallout New Vegas, all which have pre-order credits.

179 - 50 - 20 - 10 - 10 = $89 for 3 new releases.

I'd go for it if you got the $50 gift card on top of the other gift cards or if there were 3 games I wanted for sure.

It'd help if I could mix and match Xbox 360 and PS3. I want crackdown 2 but anything else I'd want for PS3.

Tricky tricky Walmart ... it gets the consumer to pay approximately $60 per game and then gives a $16 and change giftcard for each while locking in your purchase early. Which ... when subtracted from the total ... comes out to around $44. All of which doesn't include tax ...

So ... it's basically a tricky way of having a B2G1 free sale that you have to lock in your money now and don't see the savings until you buy something with your giftcard.

I'm not advocating for this deal though ... it's like a bad B2G1 because they get your money up front and can draw interest while you're waiting for months before you even see your first game ...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would go for it if they had Trinity Universe on the list.

edit: Just realized you actually have to put all the money up front. That shit is ridiculous!

[quote name='mitnosi']I wonder if the other credits for pre-ordering apply. Like if you go deal and one of those games, Singularity, comes with a $20 dollar gift card for pre-ordering, would you get that on top of the $50.

If so it would be good to get like Singularity, Assassins Creed Brotherhood, and Fallout New Vegas, all which have pre-order credits.

179 - 50 - 20 - 10 - 10 = $89 for 3 new releases.[/QUOTE]

I suspect that won't be the case - in my experience with them at least they treat the game by itself (even if it isn't listed on the website) as a completely different item than the game + egift card. So if I had to guess they're just combining all of the gift card values from those three games and adding $10.

[quote name='handsomepete']I suspect that won't be the case - in my experience with them at least they treat the game by itself (even if it isn't listed on the website) as a completely different item than the game + egift card. So if I had to guess they're just combining all of the gift card values from those three games and adding $10.[/QUOTE]

That's correct. I went through the order process and you can only add the $50 gift card. There's no way to add the other gift cards. You could email CS and ask anyway but you'd almost definitely get shot down. Never hurts to try though just in case.

Wal-Mart is such a bad company, I hope you all realize that. Their HQ in Bentonville is literally a fort with concrete barriers.

Importing consumer goods from China has significant negative long term consequences.

Just have self discipline and buy only what you need, and always look for Made in USA products.

[quote name='XF Gator']Wal-Mart is such a bad company, I hope you all realize that. Their HQ in Bentonville is literally a fort with concrete barriers.

Importing consumer goods from China has significant negative long term consequences.

Just have self discipline and buy only what you need, and always look for Made in USA products.[/QUOTE]

This. Honestly, the only good thing about Wal-Mart is that Amazon keeps matching it's pre-order deals.

[quote name='JuicemanJM']Either way they are getting $180+ of your money. Walmart is the one place I don't shop.[/QUOTE]

If you're taking this stance, then I hope GameStop is on your list, too.

Word of warning - if you pre-order a game from walmart.com that comes with a gift card, you won't be able to cancel those pre-orders later, at least not easily. I got stuck with a Red Dead Redemption pre-order from them because of this which I'm going to have to return. And if you like returning things at walmart, you are a masochist.

[quote name='XF Gator']Wal-Mart is such a bad company, I hope you all realize that. Their HQ in Bentonville is literally a fort with concrete barriers.

Just have self discipline and buy only what you need, and always look for Made in USA products.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry, I must have clicked the wrong shortcut - I was looking for CAG.

Walmart has opened up their new "game center" and to celebrate they are offering two deals people might be interested in. First deal is buy 2 get 1 for Xbox 360 Platinum hits and the second is pre order 3 games(from a fairly large list and on the same system)and get a $50 ecard. Shipping is $0.97

http://see.walmart.com/gamecenter/

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='hendrickfan24']would have been better if it was $20 GC per game[/QUOTE]

There are a bunch of games on the list that have no GC or only a $10 GC available. I'm tempted to do Dead Rising 2, Crackdown 2 and New Vegas.

The pre-order deal is not "any" three games, but there is a pretty decent list (only 360 and PS3, no Wii).

Also the 3 pre-ordered games have to be on the same platform. No mixing and matching PS3/360 games.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']When do you get the giftcard, if preordering? Theoretically, could one preorder, get a giftcard, and then cancel?[/QUOTE]

you get a GC code on your email instantly

[quote name='flameofdoom666']When do you get the giftcard, if preordering? Theoretically, could one preorder, get a giftcard, and then cancel?[/QUOTE]
It doesn't say when the giftcard ships. It does say that the giftcard is usable online only, which makes the deal a little worse, IMHO.

[quote name='Lawyers Guns N Money']It doesn't say when the giftcard ships. It does say that the giftcard is usable online only, which makes the deal a little worse, IMHO.[/QUOTE]

One can order a physical GC with that for no extra shipping.

However I would wait, chances are some of these games will have GCs attached to them from amazon or something anyway.

[quote name='hendrickfan24']you get a GC code on your email instantly[/QUOTE]

So if you get the giftcard code instantly, what would happen if the giftcard got used, and the preorders canceled.

Everything is hypothetical of course. I am just trying to figure everything out before I preorder a game from a retailer I don't usually deal with.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']So if you get the giftcard code instantly, what would happen if the giftcard got used, and the preorders canceled.

Everything is hypothetical of course. I am just trying to figure everything out before I preorder a game from a retailer I don't usually deal with.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure they charge you 50 for the GC upfront.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Wondering if pre-ordering games that get the extra $10/20 GC would stack with the $50 GC.[/QUOTE]

If this worked it could make this go from a crap deal to a decent deal very fast.

i want to see if amazon will give some kind of response to this.
Id much rather by from amazon. (no tax,prime shipping,video game credits,etc)

Yeah I too got excited thinking Amazon matched them already.

If they do match Wal Mart, it will be interesting to see A) What games they choose and B) if games that already give credit (like Halo Reach for example) will add on to the $50 you'd get for ordering 3.

Ahh yea...thread icon needs to be changed to Walmart lol. Thought this was an Amazon version but its still Walmart.

[quote name='James161324']Not bad but you still have to put 180 dollars up front for it.[/QUOTE]

Do you? I want to place an order, but I'd imagine they'd charge you 50.00 upfront for the card, then 43.00 + tax per game when they ship.

Can anyone confirm?

I mean, the way I see it, this is a pretty damn good deal. You basically get 3 16.00+ gift cards for each of the games.

Use that 50.00 on another game that comes with a 20.00 card, and you're looking at a total of 189.00 + tax for 4 brand new games (or 47.25 per game) AND you'll have 20.00 left over. Grab a points card or put it towards another game with a 20.00 giftcard ;)

[quote name='poker360']why did you put amazon symbol lol.[/QUOTE]
Bothered me too... if this was an Amazon deal I'd definitely bite but a Walmart eGift Card is useless to me.

DO we still get the $10 eGC's that come with the games we select? Potentially making this deal even better would be if we get the $50 GC + any $10 GC's that come with the games we select.

bread's done
Back