Pre-order An Upcoming Game (Online-only), and Get $10 off a $29.99+ Game..

Frag Rev

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Got this in an email a few minutes ago. Good for anyone who planned on pre-ordering any games coming up this holiday, but plan on buying a game before then.

It's online only. No idea when they plan on stopping this. But you should be able to pick up your pre-order in-store on release day, so that's a plus.

The possible downside is that they make you pay full price for the pre-order. That might not be an issue for some of you, though.

All you need to do is add the pre-order to your cart, then add the $29.99 and up game. It should do the rest.

Last edited by a moderator:
When you factor in tax and markup, this gets pretty watered down. It's probably going to be cheaper to buy both games from Amazon, unless somebody finds a really good combination that takes advantage of a game that is on sale or has pre-order bonuses.

Amazon regularly has pre-order titles for 5% off, which puts most games ~$7 cheaper than Best Buy after tax. Add in Gold Box (another 5%) and/or ECA (10% off) and it's a no-brainer. I've got quite a few pre-orders already placed using all of those combined, which drops a new 360 or PS3 game to about $48 shipped, more than $15 cheaper than what it would cost at Best Buy.

[quote name='Estebon']I thought this was also in store?[/QUOTE]

The deal applies in-store only if you preorder Guitar Hero 5, Halo ODST, Modern Warfare 2, or Assassin's Creed II. I reserved Halo: ODST and got Halo Wars $10 off, which is even cheaper than amazon has it :D

Good, because I'm going to preorder Halo ODST, and save myself $5 bucks off Madden and then also get the Gamers Club $10 GC. So paying $55+tax and a $10 GC for Madden seems pretty cool.

[quote name='Tomeeboy']Amazon regularly has pre-order titles for 5% off, which puts most games ~$7 cheaper than Best Buy after tax. Add in Gold Box (another 5%) and/or ECA (10% off) and it's a no-brainer. I've got quite a few pre-orders already placed using all of those combined, which drops a new 360 or PS3 game to about $48 shipped, more than $15 cheaper than what it would cost at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

What's ECA and Gold Box?

You can cancel the pre-orders at BB w/o penalties. So you can use the pre-order as a $10 off coupon. Then go over to customer service right after the purchase and tell them you changed your mind on the pre-order, you'll get the $5 refunded.

Is this a continuing offer or only good for this week? I was thinking of putting in the preorder for ODST and using the $10 off when I go to buy Batman .

You have to use the $10 off right away with this pre-order deal right? I'm planning on pre-ordering Batman from BB (since I have a $30 GC to use) but I can't think of another title I would want right now.

[quote name='unopepito06']The deal applies in-store only if you preorder Guitar Hero 5, Halo ODST, Modern Warfare 2, or Assassin's Creed II. I reserved Halo: ODST and got Halo Wars $10 off, which is even cheaper than amazon has it :D[/QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure this is in-store for all games, as it's been for the last couple weeks. Just look at the Sunday Ads section on the forum or main page. $10 off those games or any other game $29.99 and up.

I hope this is still around when the Metroid Prime Trilogy comes out. Pre-Order COD4-2, $10 off MP Trilogy + $10 Gift Card (Reward Zone) would be a great deal!

[quote name='auburntigersfan4life']so this will make uncharted $20 in like a week???[/QUOTE]
Unfortunately, no. The $10 off offer will end prior to the price drop on Uncharted.

bread's done
Back