Pre-order: Atelier Totori PS3 Premium Set $60 (+ tax) Free Shipping from NIS

Asgardian

CAGiversary!
Feedback
13 (100%)
I cannot believe it, NIS offering free shipping! I ordered...

Atelier Totori Premium Set Includes:
• Atelier Totori Premium Box
- Atelier Totori for PS3
- Full color, softcover artbook (+30 pages)
- Atelier Totori OST

• FREE Bonus 18"x24" double-sided poster while supplies last! This poster is made of tear-resistant and waterproof paper, whose creases will appear fainter with time. Once this poster is out, we will not be restocking this bonus item. We will note here when the poster is no longer available.

Platform: PlayStation®3
Publisher: GUST, INC.
Genre: RPG
Players: 1
Release Date: September 27, 2011

media.nl

[quote name='proKoyeon']paypal = for the most part it will charge right when you finish checkout

creditcard = disgaea 4 preorders are already being charged, so you will be charged 4 that (source: my credit card charged yesterday)...for atelier you wont be charged until about 7-10 days before its release[/QUOTE]

That's kind of half-true.
For PayPal, it works the same as the credit card. You get a temp charge which lasts for a week or 2 (funds will be released back into your account) and then gets a charged for real (they actually take your money now) a week or so before it releases. Just like the credit card.

You're probably right about D4 being fully charged now though no matter what method you pay.

source: I pre-ordered HDN, ATQ, D4 and Totori and it's the same thing that happens. They also have it on the FAQ page on the store. http://store.nisamerica.com/s.nl/it.I/id.8/.f

edit: I forgot to add this. If you buy something else that's already released (like ordering Rorona while pre-ordering Totori) along with a pre-order, you will get a full charge, not a temp charge. It happened to me when I was ordering D4 and the doing the donate to Japan thing. Got a full charge on that.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Why don't you guys just order from Amazon? Unless you really want that poster.[/QUOTE]
Both Amazon and GS shipped my ATQ premium box in bubble mailers and they all arrived in damaged shape (and thus returned for refund). Then I ordered from NISA and it arrived in a sturdy box with bubble wrap protecting the premium box. I'd rather pay a bit more (if I have to) in order to receive my stuff in factory mint shape.

Well, Atelier Totori pre-ordered!

[quote name='adriley313']looks fun
should i get rorona first b4 laying this?[/QUOTE]

Definitely get Rorona before this one. I'm actually halfway done with Rorona and it's awesome and it seems to perfectly lead up to this one as this one leads up to the 3rd in the trilogy.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Oh really? I thought I heard stories where they're way late on shipping. Maybe it was a different company, I'll switch my order to NIS then.[/QUOTE]

NISA used to take forever to ship stuff and charged a lot to do it (we are talking about 2-3 weeks to ship a game after you ordered it and charging $5 plus shipping for a single standard edition ps2 game). In the last year they have really stepped up their game and started offering free shipping and shipping things in a timely manner.

I'm going to disagree with the people that say Atelier Rorona is a must play before this upcoming game, Atelier Totori. Yeah, some of the characters return in this sequel, but story-wise, it's not like Atelier Rorona had much of a good story anyways (and yes, I have the Platinum for this game). In a lot of ways, Atelier Rorona seemed like simply a prototype for the real thing, Atelier Totori. Rorona had barebones 3D models/environments, the story was pretty boring, the battle system sucked, etc. The developers acknowledged as much when they basically changed everything in Totori.

Unless you're a completionist, I actually would suggest skipping Rorona and moving straight to Totori for the refined game and the most popular character of the Arland series, Totori (there was a poll taken after the 3rd game was released, Totori placed 1st and her friend Mimi placed 2nd). Better that than being turned off from the whole series itself; I know I didn't enjoy Atelier Rorona as much as I thought I would when I bought the game on release date (and I'm a CAG, I don't buy anything on release date usually). And yet, Atelier Totori is one of my most anticipated games this year because of all the improvements.

[quote name='ithebigc']I'm going to disagree with the people that say Atelier Rorona is a must play before this upcoming game, Atelier Totori. Yeah, some of the characters return in this sequel, but story-wise, it's not like Atelier Rorona had much of a good story anyways (and yes, I have the Platinum for this game). In a lot of ways, Atelier Rorona seemed like simply a prototype for the real thing, Atelier Totori. Rorona had barebones 3D models/environments, the story was pretty boring, the battle system sucked, etc. The developers acknowledged as much when they basically changed everything in Totori.

Unless you're a completionist, I actually would suggest skipping Rorona and moving straight to Totori for the refined game and the most popular character of the Arland series, Totori (there was a poll taken after the 3rd game was released, Totori placed 1st and her friend Mimi placed 2nd). Better that than being turned off from the whole series itself; I know I didn't enjoy Atelier Rorona as much as I thought I would when I bought the game on release date (and I'm a CAG, I don't buy anything on release date usually). And yet, Atelier Totori is one of my most anticipated games this year because of all the improvements.[/QUOTE]

If it was so bad, then why did you get a platinum in it? I got one too and I think you're being too harsh on the game. The story line was indeed boring and battles easy, but the game was still worth playing for two reasons: humor and alchemy. I very much enjoyed everyone teasing Rorona and I enjoyed the alchemy system more than in any other game (and I played many).

Everyone should play it before playing Totori simply because it's worth playing and once you play Totori it would be painful to play Rorona.

[quote name='zulux21']NISA used to take forever to ship stuff and charged a lot to do it (we are talking about 2-3 weeks to ship a game after you ordered it and charging $5 plus shipping for a single standard edition ps2 game). In the last year they have really stepped up their game and started offering free shipping and shipping things in a timely manner.[/QUOTE]

The complaints were from when they used Rosenqueen to handle orders. Back then, my preorder of Ar Tonelico 2 shipped like three MONTHS after release. There hadn't been problems since they started handling orders themselves.

Not getting Disgaea 4 cause of the bait and switch with the Nendoroid, but I ordered a copy of Torori. Debating on a second, since I have 2x Qoga, 2x Neptunia, and 2x Rorona...

[quote name='Ryuukishi']I thought Rosenqueen and NISA were the same company...? I think they just rebranded and dropped the Rosenqueen name.[/QUOTE]

When they made the announcements of the new store, out sounded like Rosenqueen was a separate branch of NISA. Now, it sounds like it's combined.

[quote name='Teh Nitwit']If it was so bad, then why did you get a platinum in it? I got one too and I think you're being too harsh on the game. The story line was indeed boring and battles easy, but the game was still worth playing for two reasons: humor and alchemy. I very much enjoyed everyone teasing Rorona and I enjoyed the alchemy system more than in any other game (and I played many).

Everyone should play it before playing Totori simply because it's worth playing and once you play Totori it would be painful to play Rorona.[/QUOTE]
I got a Platinum on it because I get a Platinum on every single game I start; it bugs me to have something not at 100% :lol: The only games on my account that don't have 100% are either because they were DLC or online trophies, but I plan to get those soon too. FFXIII is a special case because I sold the game for profit but I plan on getting it again too and 100% that.

I'm not saying the game isn't worth playing, if I had to rate it I'd give like a 6 or 7, just that if you're going to buy Totori anyways, don't feel you're missing out on anything by not buying Rorona, it's not a really fun game anyways.

[quote name='zeke222']Premium set sold out at Amazon when i checked around 11:30 p.m.[/QUOTE]

Glad I ordered 2 from NIS. 1 for playing 1 for collecting.

[quote name='zeke222']Premium set sold out at Amazon when i checked around 11:30 p.m.[/QUOTE]
Standard edition is no longer available too.

._. Did Amazon grossly underestimate demand or something and order too little from NISA? Come on, Amazon, they're NISA Premium Boxes, they always sell

[quote name='ithebigc']._. Did Amazon grossly underestimate demand or something and order too little from NISA? Come on, Amazon, they're NISA Premium Boxes, they always sell[/QUOTE]

Omg, you people complain when there's too much stock and Amazon doesn't sell out, and you guys complain when it does sell out. It's impossible to win!

I didnt know a Standard Edition preorder could get sold out...anyway after reading about it I panicked and preordered the premium edition from NIS :(

59.99 + 20USD international shipping. And they already charged my credit card, which is weird because the stupid Prinny in the item page said orders are not charged until ship date Sep 27..

[quote name='AceSam14']I didnt know a Standard Edition preorder could get sold out...anyway after reading about it I panicked and preordered the premium edition from NIS :(

59.99 + 20USD international shipping. And they already charged my credit card, which is weird because the stupid Prinny in the item page said orders are not charged until ship date Sep 27..[/QUOTE]

You didn't get charged yet. What your seeing is a hold/check charge that will go away after a few days. Nisa does this to all orders basically. Around sept 27th (depending if they ship early or not) they will actually charge your card and that charge will go through. Hope that clears up your concerns :bouncy:

[quote name='AceSam14']I didnt know a Standard Edition preorder could get sold out...anyway after reading about it I panicked and preordered the premium edition from NIS :(

59.99 + 20USD international shipping. And they already charged my credit card, which is weird because the stupid Prinny in the item page said orders are not charged until ship date Sep 27..[/QUOTE]
You're charged immediately if you're using paypal. Otherwise, you're charged when (or few days before) it ships. Are you sure it's not temporary authorization on your card that would automatically go away in a few days?

Thanks guys, its probably just the hold/check thing...now I just need to find a Premium edition of Atelier Rorona and play it before Totori arives..

Man, I have a bunch of credit over on Amazon and I was gonna preorder it there, but I guess I'm gonna get it from their site instead since its still there. I'll probably just go get a prepaid visa with my BB gift card to pay for it later tonight.

thanks for the reminder guys, just ordered it tonight. I had forgotten i needed to order this and consider Katanagatari vol 2.. the problem is vol 1 was so shittily done that i dont really want vol 2 =P

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']Man, I have a bunch of credit over on Amazon and I was gonna preorder it there, but I guess I'm gonna get it from their site instead since its still there. I'll probably just go get a prepaid visa with my BB gift card to pay for it later tonight.[/QUOTE]

you can get a prepaid visa card at Best Buy?

hmm wonder if you can use Reward Zone certs towards it

[quote name='elessar123']Omg, you people complain when there's too much stock and Amazon doesn't sell out, and you guys complain when it does sell out. It's impossible to win![/QUOTE]
Someone needs to calm down. What part of my comment seemed like I was complaining? I was merely amused by the fact that Amazon's stocks were so low that they'd sell out, or happy at the fact that a lot of people like Totori ( I would rather this be the fact). It doesn't affect me in any way, I preordered mine from NIS

Double sided poster? Do you hang it in a walkway dangling from the ceiling so you can see both sides at the same time?

[quote name='Kenshindono']thanks for the reminder guys, just ordered it tonight. I had forgotten i needed to order this and consider Katanagatari vol 2.. the problem is vol 1 was so shittily done that i dont really want vol 2 =P[/QUOTE]

This may be the first time I've ever seen 'shittily' in writing. I thank you for that.

[quote name='buckythekat']you can get a prepaid visa card at Best Buy?

hmm wonder if you can use Reward Zone certs towards it[/QUOTE]

I think you can since you can use gift cards i don't see why not, but if you pay by gift cards, you won't earn RZ points for the VISA card.

Good to see it back on Amazon, but I already preordered off NISA so I'm good. :)

If you care about the condition of the outer packaging, keep your NIS preorder. If you don't, or are willing to take a chance, order from Amazon. I've had to return CEs to Amazon because they got dented/crushed in transit. I think they're slowly starting to get it, but why deal with the possible hassle? NIS knows what their fans expect.

[quote name='morrodox']If you care about the condition of the outer packaging, keep your NIS preorder. If you don't, or are willing to take a chance, order from Amazon. I've had to return CEs to Amazon because they got dented/crushed in transit. I think they're slowly starting to get it, but why deal with the possible hassle? NIS knows what their fans expect.[/QUOTE]
This.

It's a gamble with GS too. Last time I ordered ATQ from them they shipped it in a UPS bubble mailer. I complained and they shipped out another copy by expedited shipping. It also arrived in a bubble mailer. The thing with NISA premium box is that they are shaped like a big book and it's so convenient to just shove it into an envelope. Maybe I got a grunted packer on the first day but then on a different day too?

[quote name='morrodox']If you care about the condition of the outer packaging, keep your NIS preorder. If you don't, or are willing to take a chance, order from Amazon. I've had to return CEs to Amazon because they got dented/crushed in transit. I think they're slowly starting to get it, but why deal with the possible hassle? NIS knows what their fans expect.[/QUOTE]

Exactly - plus, with NISA reward points pretty much every game order from them nets you a $5 promo credit towards your next order with them, so the overall cost differences are negligible.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Exactly - plus, with NISA reward points pretty much every game order from them nets you a $5 promo credit towards your next order with them, so the overall cost differences are negligible.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, through my whole course of buying games through them, I've gotten $20 of giftcards back.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Exactly - plus, with NISA reward points pretty much every game order from them nets you a $5 promo credit towards your next order with them, so the overall cost differences are negligible.[/QUOTE]
From the FAQ:
How do Reward Points and Gift Certificates work?
You will receive 5 Reward Points for every dollar spent on the NISA Online Store. Once your point total has exceeded 500, you will automatically receive a $5.00 Gift Certificate voucher code by e-mail that can be applied to future purchases. Gift Certificate codes will expire one year from when they are created.
Basically, it's 5% credit back in increments of $5.

They used to be bad as a store - outrageous shipping costs and late shipping. Now they are much better.

hmm anyone else get an email from them telling you to double check your order and stuff because theyve been having a lot of errors lately? I got it last week. Found it odd.

[quote name='Tom Ato']This may be the first time I've ever seen 'shittily' in writing. I thank you for that.[/QUOTE]

your welcome. Its a proper adverb
http://dictionary.reverso.net/english-definition/shittily

and Katanagari vol 1 certainly was all kinds of shit.

[quote name='Kenshindono']hmm anyone else get an email from them telling you to double check your order and stuff because theyve been having a lot of errors lately? I got it last week. Found it odd.
[/QUOTE]

I got that email too. Shouldn't be much of a problem for those that often orders through them though.

If anything I think they are starting to send these emails out because of the fact that more users are starting to try them (Ever since they offered free shipping) but a lot of new users to their web store are a bit confused on how things work and been sending them lots of emails.

Such as:

- You can only cancel orders via email or by phone but not by their website.

- If you order multiple items for ONE purchase and if any of those item contain a pre-order item, your entire purchase won't be shipped until that pre-order item is available.

- NISA Store may charge your method of payment a week before release date which could result in some users getting their order delayed/declined because the users won't have the money until the release date, not before.

Those alone are common incidents that usually occurs before their release of some of their anticipated titles.

hey, does anyone not see their totori pre-order under their account at NIS?

i placed my order august 28th but i don't see it on my account at all, and after their e-mail telling us to check, i'm getting worried... i did receive a confirmation e-mail after i ordered though.

Same happened for my Disgaea 4 order, could not see it. I had to email them to merge my account. The $5 coupon I had and free shipping made this an easy choice for $55. Yeah we all love Amazon, but my Disgaea 4 came in perfect shape last week so why chance it.

Well, NIS did it again...

I noticed my CC charged today, which I was hoping it means the game is shipping out today.

No chance.

Got this in the email:

Hello Valued Customers and Arland Adventurers,

The release for Atelier Totori is right around the corner and we are glad to have your business! Right now we'd like to fill you in on the current situation with this title.
Normally, the ship date is the day that we send the product to other retailers and also the time we aim to begin sending out the orders to our customers. Sometimes things run extra smoothly and we can send out our items ahead of the date listed on our site.

However, due to the manufacturing schedule on this title, Atelier Totori will leave the manufacturer on September 26, and arrive at our warehouse on September 29. As soon as the items are received, we will begin processing and shipping them out to customers. We apologize for the delay in shipping, but rest assured that we will keep you updated, and once your order has been shipped you will receive a shipping confirmation notice via e-mail.

We would like to thank you again for shopping with us. We appreciate your interested in our products, and hope for your continued support in the future.

Best wishes,

NISA Online Store

fucken NIS...

bread's done
Back