Pre-Order Bonus Consolidation

Status
Not open for further replies.

daminion

CAGiversary!
Feedback
21 (100%)
I'd like to suggest a new forum, perhaps a sub to Video Game Deals, opened up that consolidated all of the pre-order bonus threads in one place.

Right now these are typically found in the Video Game Deals section and don't really belong there, but are popular enough to be tolerated.

If they had their own section it could be a useful resource.

several people did try to make a pre order topic with all the up coming bonus, but then no one keeps it up to date the topic just die.

[quote name='62t']several people did try to make a pre order topic with all the up coming bonus, but then no one keeps it up to date the topic just die.[/QUOTE]

I tried a long time ago.

It is hard as hell to keep updated, not to mention time consuming, as you have to constantly scour Gamestop, Gamecrazy, Amazon, Circuit City, Best Buy, and whoever else offers up a preorder bonus.

It works a lot easier just having a seperate thread, because the OP to said thread would have to be on CAG constantly to update it.

It's more hassle than it's worth. They are technically a deal on a video game, so I think they are fine where they are.

My initial thought was an entire board dedicated to it, rather than trying to consolidate it into one post. It could be a sub-forum under the main Video Game Deals forum similar to how the Referral Forum is under Contests & Free Stuff, and how PS3 is a sub under the Sony Gaming board.

This would allow posters to add 1 post per game and then everyone can add pre-release information to that thread. The OP of the initial thread would have to keep it updated with everything in the thread.

This would be nice because:

1. It gets this info out of the Video Game Deals board
2. The only threads in this board would be something like "Game Title - Pre-Order information" -- so you could easily browse all new releases and see all of the pre-order bonuses.

The problem is with every R type figure there are like 10 that no one cares about like Vikings. Right now there are probalby like 2 or 3 bonus that people cares about, which is not enough for a whole section. So all we need is one or two topics about stuff that people do care in the deal section.

[quote name='daminion']My initial thought was an entire board dedicated to it, rather than trying to consolidate it into one post. It could be a sub-forum under the main Video Game Deals forum similar to how the Referral Forum is under Contests & Free Stuff, and how PS3 is a sub under the Sony Gaming board.

This would allow posters to add 1 post per game and then everyone can add pre-release information to that thread. The OP of the initial thread would have to keep it updated with everything in the thread.

This would be nice because:

1. It gets this info out of the Video Game Deals board
2. The only threads in this board would be something like "Game Title - Pre-Order information" -- so you could easily browse all new releases and see all of the pre-order bonuses.[/quote] I second this motion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back