Pre-Order Halo Reach and get 400 Microsoft Points at Best Buy

Amazon and Walmart are giving $20 credits if you pre-order. 400 Microsoft Points is $5. You can get 1600 points with Amazon or WM...

What you guys all seem to be missing is this is just a preorder... at best buy that's $5 and you get a $10 in RZ certificates plus 400 MS points... lets see amazon beat that

[quote name='Xellos2099']I got a question, if I preorder something with my amazon prime but by the time the game ship my prime expired, what will happen?[/QUOTE]

You can order as much as you like, and even if prime is expired when the game is released, as long as it was active when the order was placed it's valid.

[quote name='Phrozenspite']What you guys all seem to be missing is this is just a preorder... at best buy that's $5 and you get a $10 in RZ certificates plus 400 MS points... lets see amazon beat that[/QUOTE]
At Amazon, preorder is free. You don't pay till it ships. I'd consider that beating BBY.

[quote name='gage006']At Amazon, preorder is free. You don't pay till it ships. I'd consider that beating BBY.[/QUOTE]

it isn't if you only pay the $5 and never pick the item up... lol some people here.

paying $5 to get $15 worth of stuff> getting what amounts to a 33% savings at amazon

[quote name='Phrozenspite']What you guys all seem to be missing is this is just a preorder... at best buy that's $5 and you get a $10 in RZ certificates plus 400 MS points... lets see amazon beat that[/QUOTE]

Dude, they already have. With Best Buy you get $10 reward zone certificates (which take quite some time to process) and 400 MS points (equal to $5). So all in all you get $15 extra at Best Buy, but Amazon gives you $20 extra off a future purchase, Amazon>Best Buy by $5

sharkey did you read my last post see above... at amazon when you preorder something you preorder the actual game, in this case $60 with a $20 videogame code, thats a 33% discount.

At best buy when you preorder something you pay $5 and you Don't have to ever pick the game up. So for $5 you get $10 in reward certificates and 400 MS points($5). so for your investment of $5 you get a 300% return...

300%>33%

[quote name='Sharkey1337']Dude, they already have. With Best Buy you get $10 reward zone certificates (which take quite some time to process) and 400 MS points (equal to $5). So all in all you get $15 extra at Best Buy, but Amazon gives you $20 extra off a future purchase, Amazon>Best Buy by $5[/QUOTE]

Don't forget to add ~6-9% (~$3.60-$5.40) sales tax you save by ordering at Amazon unless you live in Washington.

[quote name='Phrozenspite']sharkey did you read my last post see above... at amazon when you preorder something you preorder the actual game, in this case $60 with a $20 videogame code, thats a 33% discount.

At best buy when you preorder something you pay $5 and you Don't have to ever pick the game up. So for $5 you get $10 in reward certificates and 400 MS points(5). so for your investment of $5 you get a 300% return...

300%>33%[/QUOTE]

Assuming Best Buy doesn't check to see if you actually buy the game. How are you so sure of that?

read the august reward zone club thread lots of people are doing this. I personally have done this with all of the recent preorder deals. I've gotten my points for Starcraft 2, CoD: Black Ops, Crackdown 2, UFC 2010 none of which I picked up. it shows up in RZ this way 06/30/2010 Earned Pts.
Purchase and Bonus Points CONCORD NH
505.00 Purchase 5.00 Star Craft Preorder 500.00

[quote name='Fire_Thief']Five dollars or twenty, which do you choose?[/QUOTE]
I think you clearly choose the $5 since thats a 200% return whereas the other while being a larger amount is 33% return... you can preorder up to 3 times at best buy for each item and get points for each, hell you can preorder at amazon too IF YOU WANT THE ACTUAL GAME... but as a deal this is doubling your money or if you're buying MS points anyways tripling it

[quote name='Phrozenspite']sharkey did you read my last post see above... at amazon when you preorder something you preorder the actual game, in this case $60 with a $20 videogame code, thats a 33% discount.

At best buy when you preorder something you pay $5 and you Don't have to ever pick the game up. So for $5 you get $10 in reward certificates and 400 MS points($5). so for your investment of $5 you get a 300% return...

300%>33%[/QUOTE]

Wait, how does that work? I've always been under the impression that Best Buy doesn't add anything to your account until you pick the game up. If you order online it'll charge you the full amount when the game comes out, but if you go to the store I wouldn't think they would add the points to your account and give you the 400 MS points at time of preorder, I would think those would be acquired when you got the game.

You might get the 400 MS points if you preorder and don't ever pick up the game but you won't get the the $10 Reward Zone certificates. You don't get credited the points until you fully pay for the game and then you have to wait 35 days for BB to post them to your account.

[quote name='JVorhees#1']You might get the 400 MS points if you preorder and don't ever pick up the game but you won't get the the $10 Reward Zone certificates. You don't get credited the points until you fully pay for the game and then you have to wait 35 days for BB to post them to your account.[/QUOTE]
Correct answer, it is here

I've never picked up Crackdown 2, Starcraft 2 and COD black ops isn't out yet. I also did this with the UFC undisputed preorder
06/15/2010 Earned Pts.
Purchase and Bonus Points CONCORD NH 1010.00 COD: Black Ops Preorder 500.00 Crackdown 2 Preorder 500.00

06/30/2010 Earned Pts.
Purchase and Bonus Points CONCORD NH 505.00
Purchase
5.00 Star Craft Preorder 500.00

Last edited by a moderator:
but whatever you guys don't want to listen so I'll stop posting about this and other things, will let me keep taking advantage of getting a 50% discount at best buy for a while longer since it won't be killed by the SD/CAG effect

bread's done
Back