Pre-Order Halo reach at Target.com, Get a FREE halo fathead.

Dark Rider

CAGiversary!
Feedback
24 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Organ Donor']Nice find! I don't know where to buy Reach now.[/QUOTE]

Yea, I bought mine at gamestop when they had the $20 gift card deal.
I am conflicted now, with the $25 gift card at toysrus and the fathead at target.

I saw the words, "Free Halo Fathead", and I thought these marketing promotions are getting out of control. Still, I was in for one until I read this:

A “Fathead Jr.” is a hi-def precision-cut wall graphic made of durable vinyl with a special removable adhesive backing that allows it to be moved from wall to wall.

Way to disappoint again, Microsoft!

Id be excited but im a little over posters and decals in my room. I still have the HALO 3 legendary poster over my bed lol, I think thats enough. Plus I want to hang on to my Amazon pre-order to get NBA 2K11 for 40 bucks next month

[quote name='Lyricsborn']Who the hell one stared this. This isn't a one star its at least a three[/QUOTE]

Paying 20$ extra to get a "free" fathead (aka a high def sticker)

Is not a deal in my book.

(I didnt one star it, but its still a terrible deal, amazon/walmart/tru are all far better options)

[quote name='dcm1602']Paying 20$ extra to get a "free" fathead (aka a high def sticker)

(I didnt one star it, but its still a terrible deal, amazon/walmart/tru are all far better options)[/QUOTE]

This is a fantastic deal, a $39.99 value. It may not appeal to everyone, but this is in no way a bad deal.

[quote name='dcm1602']Paying 20$ extra to get a "free" fathead (aka a high def sticker)

(I didnt one star it, but its still a terrible deal, amazon/walmart/tru are all far better options)[/QUOTE]

Terrible deal? I understand that this might not appeal to everybody, but getting a free fathead with a game that a lot of people would be buying regardless whether it came with free stuff or not hardly qualifies as a terrible deal to me. What's with all the negative CAGs as of late?

To say you're spending $20 extra is not true. See you're spending $59.99 no matter how you look at the picture.

What amazon/walmart and TRU($25) is offering are giftcards that you can use towards your NEXT purchase.

So if you think of it like this:

Halo Reach=$59.99 + Random new game=$59.99 -$20= $99.98

However what target is offering is for $59.99 + A high def fat head jr worth $39.99 MSRP for FREE. so your total stays at $59.99

It's a deal no less and unless you're a person who free credit (that expires fairly quick) or want an item instead; its your preference

I for one like the credit but they expire too soon and I normally wait till new releases drop in price. I never saw the point in paying $59.99 for games since i found CAG. Plus it has gotta be a DAMN GOOD game to be worth $60

Point is: unless you're buying a $20-$25 game after you purchase Reach. You'll be spending more in the end. So it would be wise to say this is a Deal

[quote name='imjpwutup']To say you're spending $20 extra is not true. See you're spending $59.99 no matter how you look at the picture.

What amazon/walmart and TRU($25) is offering are giftcards that you can use towards your NEXT purchase.

So if you think of it like this:

Halo Reach=$59.99 + Random new game=$59.99 -$20= $99.98

However what target is offering is for $59.99 + A high def fat head jr worth $39.99 MSRP for FREE. so your total stays at $59.99

It's a deal no less and unless you're a person who free credit (that expires fairly quick) or want an item instead; its your preference

I for one like the credit but they expire too soon and I normally wait till new releases drop in price. I never saw the point in paying $59.99 for games since i found CAG. Plus it has gotta be a DAMN GOOD game to be worth $60

Point is: unless you're buying a $20-$25 game after you purchase Reach. You'll be spending more in the end. So it would be wise to say this is a Deal[/QUOTE]

Point is unless you plan on never buying a video game from amazon/walmart ever again then its a better deal with the 20$ credit.

Since it works on preorders too, and you can even use it towards other games with credits (FF14, COD, their massive list of other games with credits) in an endless cycle so its literally having the exact same effect on you as paying 20$ less on a title.

And eventually when theres nothing worth getting with a credit (if thats even possible) you could always spend it on psn/xbox points/memberships.

So unless a giant sticker is worth 20$ or more to you its not a deal.

Can someone point me to where it says TRU is giving $25 gc? I've seen people mention it in various threads. I just searched through the last month of posts and can't find an official thread/post on this TRU deal. I also can't find it on TRU's web site. It's probably somewhere, but I'm just not seeing it. Thanks!

[quote name='CaseX']Can someone point me to where it says TRU is giving $25 gc? I've seen people mention it in various threads. I just searched through the last month of posts and can't find an official thread/post on this TRU deal. I also can't find it on TRU's web site. It's probably somewhere, but I'm just not seeing it. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Knowing TRU its probably the day it comes out from 11-4pm instore only with one of their reward card memberships.

They seem to do that pretty often these days (guessing on the times, I know its only a couple of hours one day and then its done)

[quote name='imjpwutup']Halo Reach=$59.99 + Random new game=$59.99 -$20= $99.98[/QUOTE]

But then I'll have two games instead of one game and a worthless piece of shit that's not worth the plastic it's printed on. Screw its $40 MSRP. This is not worth more than the $20 credit.

Couldn't one just preorder the game, get it shipped along with the fathead, and then just return the game unopened the next day to a Target store? Pretty sure I'm just going to do that and keep my preorder with Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hm, I already have my copy paid off from the latest Blockbuster/ Gamestop promo flips, but that fathead does look pretty nice...

The fathead looks pretty cool but I have a paid off Gamestop preorder as well. I honestly can not see why people are arguing over this. I assume some people actually want a fathead. The same logic above can be used for any special edition set that people rave about. Why spend $80 or more on gaming swag from a special edition set when I can save the $20 and use it on another game. Some people just like swag even if it may cost them the extra $20 GC you can get at other places. Plus im sure you could probably sell the fathead, those things are pretty popular.

fuck it, ordered 2 separate orders so I can get two fathead posters. I'll potentially keep one and sell the other one and just return the two copies of Reach to Target on my to class. The cheap shit inside of me wants to order like 10 more and sell them all on Craigslist, but the lazy shit in me thinks that's too much work. Lazy shit wins this time.

According to Prim4444 over in the Halo Collectible Card thread, the $25 TRU gift card deal is good all day on 9/14.

[quote name='kynetarse']But then I'll have two games instead of one game and a worthless piece of shit that's not worth the plastic it's printed on. Screw its $40 MSRP. This is not worth more than the $20 credit.[/QUOTE]

Its not just about what you think.

[quote name='Master Troll']Eh, I'll need to see what a fathead looks like because I'm still a bit lost.[/QUOTE]

Its on the link.

Effectively its a really high quality poster made out of vinyl or something

I suggest when you do you're yearly or bi yearly cleaning take this off to clean the wall behind it as well. My friend kept fatheads on his walls for years and never cleaned behind them. When he moved and took them off omg you seen the outline of what was up there. He lost some security for repainting the walls. It was a sight to see and i am still laughing about it.

Thank You OP ordered one. I think i will keep the poster and sell the game or try to return it to target minus the poster.

Won' t you have to return both the game and the Fathead if you try to return the game? I would think it will show as a package on the receipt with the fathead being $0.00. I know at BM target it shows package deals together on the receipt.

So this is a vinyl, die-cut poster?
Really?
And how the hell is it "high def?"

If there is seriously a demand for this kind of thing I should think about making bootleg copies of these things.

[quote name='Organ Donor']Nice find! I don't know where to buy Reach now.[/QUOTE]
I think Newegg had the best deal $45 total free shipping NO TAX. The walmart deal is ok but it still requires you to actually spend $65 for it. Overall saving if i used walmart it wouldnt of been better after i use the gift card and pay the tax and shipping. Newegg current $50 total deal is still better then most. Also, I honestly dont see why people love amazon so much, they match prizes wich is nice but newegg usally has the same deals jusy you dont pay tax.

[quote name='Dark Rider']Guys this is not a thread to debate pre-order bonuses. Keep it clean.[/QUOTE]

Mod in disguise?

[quote name='Xenokai']I think Newegg had the best deal $45 total free shipping NO TAX. The walmart deal is ok but it still requires you to actually spend $65 for it. Overall saving if i used walmart it wouldnt of been better after i use the gift card and pay the tax and shipping. Newegg current $50 total deal is still better then most. Also, I honestly dont see why people love amazon so much, they match prizes wich is nice but newegg usally has the same deals jusy you dont pay tax.[/QUOTE]

Amazon only charges tax in a few select states.

But the majority of people that live in state with a state income tax are supposed to pay sales tax when they file their taxes each year so really tax should be a non-issue anyway.

bread's done
Back