Pre-Order Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix ($39.96), Get An Art Book

>This preorder incentive is available through all participating retailers such as GameStop, Wal-Mart, and Target to name a few.

Who wants to bet this is a first-print bonus rather than a pre-order bonus?

Sweet, hopefully the art book is a decent size/quality. Based on the image...it is rather large, but you never know how accurate those are.

[quote name='DarkSageRK']>This preorder incentive is available through all participating retailers such as GameStop, Wal-Mart, and Target to name a few.

Who wants to bet this is a first-print bonus rather than a pre-order bonus?[/QUOTE]

Can you show me where they're offering the bonus?

http://www.target.com/p/kingdom-hea...93#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=kingdom+hearts+hd

^ Not seeing it.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Kingdom-Hearts-HD-1.5-Remix-PS3/23505276

^ not seeing it

Edit: I know you pulled the info from the blog but I can't remember the last time Target offered and fulfilled a preorder bonus.

Hm.. it looks like the Another Report book. Not a bad bonus if it is, since it's a hardcover book. I doubt it'll be limited though, SE knows how to milk this franchise.

[quote name='Rumors']I love kingdom hearts and I'd love to play it again in hd but this has to be the.biggest ripoff[/QUOTE]

Explain now this is a ripoff, you get 3 games in HD. KH was one of the best games I played for the PS2 and for $40 I'd buy it again as a stand alone. You need to reassess your definition of ripoff.

[quote name='Yankeessuck193']Does anyone know how big it'll be? Are we talking BioShock 2 SE artbook size?[/QUOTE]

The amazon pic had it looking scale to the ps3 box so I would say it's a smaller book

[quote name='rogXue']Explain now this is a ripoff, you get 3 games in HD. KH was one of the best games I played for the PS2 and for $40 I'd buy it again as a stand alone. You need to reassess your definition of ripoff.[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's a ripoff myself, but it is only 2 games, the first and Chains of Memories, it only has the cutscenes from days and not the game itself for some reason, that said, this book may make me pre-order it now since I was debating about it beforehand anyways.

Already had it preordered from Amazon with the Gold Box/Quick Picks discount. Hopefully the book is as nice as it appears. I would love if they would include some of the Ultimania interviews, but I doubt it.

Although Europe never got Re:CoM, I'm sure more people are waiting for the inevitable 2.5 Remix, since KH2 FM is soooooo much better than the Regular/Vanilla version. (Even though I died so many times....)

I want to play Kingdom Hearts again, may pre-order for the Artbook. However, I don't want to get burned like I did with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow "artbook". I was so mad that it wasn't separate, but part of the actual case. Then again, I paid $80 for that and this is $40. *sigh* I guess it depends on when it comes out.

Would have loved for it have been Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 HD remaster, but I'll settle for 1 for now. Still haven't beaten 2. Damn second Beast's Castle. :mad:

[quote name='GBAstar']Right but have you ever known Target to participate in something like this?[/QUOTE]

Well if it is pack with every launch copy like other SE bonus I don't see why not. Target also gave out stuff for pokemon in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
In its defense, the art book in the picture shows it to be a regular sized book IMO.

To me this is just icing on the cake as I love KH and got it in my Gold box for $37. I really hope this sells as incentive for them to hurry and make KH3 sooner rather than later and not another spin off.

[quote name='rogXue']Explain now this is a ripoff, you get 3 games in HD. KH was one of the best games I played for the PS2 and for $40 I'd buy it again as a stand alone. You need to reassess your definition of ripoff.[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but if I have to explain why then these companies already have you where they want you. You're getting two games, not three and chain of memories is far from a strong entry. Other HD collections provided three or more full games and.in most cases more than one title on them was the best the series had to offer.

You're basically paying $40 for Kh 1. Im sure the inclusion of CoM didn't sell anyone

[quote name='outerfox']I want to play Kingdom Hearts again, may pre-order for the Artbook. However, I don't want to get burned like I did with Castlevania: Lords of Shadow "artbook". I was so mad that it wasn't separate, but part of the actual case. Then again, I paid $80 for that and this is $40. *sigh* I guess it depends on when it comes out.

Would have loved for it have been Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2 HD remaster, but I'll settle for 1 for now. Still haven't beaten 2. Damn second Beast's Castle. :mad:[/QUOTE]

I'm sure Square Enix will do Kingdom Hearts II, Birth by Sleep and Re:coded (Cutscenes Only) at some point as well. I planned on getting it either way but I'll just get it from Amazon since I'll get a free Artbook. Thank you for the info OP, glad to see a release date. Now waiting for news on FFX & X-2 HD release date

[quote name='Rumors']I'm sorry but if I have to explain why then these companies already have you where they want you. You're getting two games, not three and chain of memories is far from a strong entry. Other HD collections provided three or more full games and.in most cases more than one title on them was the best the series had to offer.

You're basically paying $40 for Kh 1. Im sure the inclusion of CoM didn't sell anyone[/QUOTE]

Not all HD collections include 3 games. Silent Hill only had two. MGS for the Vita only had two. FFX/2 is only two, but I figure that will add fuel to your fire due to it also being SE. Zone of Enders, and before you say "there was only two games in the series" that is untrue, there is a GBA game that I actually really enjoyed for ZoE.

If it was just KH for $40 very few people would buy it. The fact that it includes COM is a big plus for many people and was a big selling point for me because while I own it on GBA and put a ton of hours into it because I really enjoyed the gameplay, shocker I know because it's impossible for people to have different opinions. But I screwed up my deck by making it all premium thinking it was a good idea and it was impossible for me to beat the final boss. If it included KH2 it would have the same, if not bigger effect, but to make blanket statements like that is stupid.

[quote name='Vinny']Hm.. it looks like the Another Report book. Not a bad bonus if it is, since it's a hardcover book. I doubt it'll be limited though, SE knows how to milk this franchise.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, iunno, that book that came with XIII-2 wasn't the easiest thing to get ahold of. Regardless, I think this just pushed me off the fence on this one - next time it pops up in my gold box I'll probably preorder it.

Now I just want a release date for the X/X-2 collection! :hot:

[quote name='Rumors']I'm sorry but if I have to explain why then these companies already have you where they want you. You're getting two games, not three and chain of memories is far from a strong entry. Other HD collections provided three or more full games and.in most cases more than one title on them was the best the series had to offer.

You're basically paying $40 for Kh 1. Im sure the inclusion of CoM didn't sell anyone[/QUOTE]

The standard was 2 or 3 games. Not "three or more". Several of the collections have only had 2 games. Other than GOW Saga, I can't think of a HD collection that bundled 5 games (and that was only after that one already had separate releases).

The only thing that is deviating here, is we get 1 PS2 game + 1 PSP game - whereas I'm sure most everyone would have preferred both main PS2 games KH 1 + KH2. Honestly in this case, I don't mind $39.99 as the starting MSRP just for the "Final Mix" (never before in US) and HD remaster. I'm sure this is what SE figures as well. If $40 bothers you, then just wait. Most of these collections I ended up getting for $10-15 regardless of whatever their MSRP started out at.

[quote name='argyle']Hrm, iunno, that book that came with XIII-2 wasn't the easiest thing to get ahold of. Regardless, I think this just pushed me off the fence on this one - next time it pops up in my gold box I'll probably preorder it.

Now I just want a release date for the X/X-2 collection! :hot:[/QUOTE]

You're talking about the Novella that was part of the BBY special edition? That was a store exclusive and it was around for months. I bought it with Pokemon Black/White during their B2G1F sale, it was marked down to $30 (which was the MSRP at the time, and they didn't have the standard version).

Obviously, I can't predict the future, but it just seems like this will be easy to find. It's not a store exclusive and it's part of a highly desired release.

[quote name='Vinny']You're talking about the Novella that was part of the BBY special edition? That was a store exclusive and it was around for months. I bought it with Pokemon Black/White during their B2G1F sale, it was marked down to $30 (which was the MSRP at the time, and they didn't have the standard version).

Obviously, I can't predict the future, but it just seems like this will be easy to find. It's not a store exclusive and it's part of a highly desired release.[/QUOTE]

Well as always, I say if it's something you want why chance it? If someone isn't really gung-ho about the book in the first place, then yeah, wait.

The XIII-2 book was weird. It was almost impossible to find in my area when the game first released (and I preordered). Strangely, some of them did start appearing a couple of months later, but it still wasn't something I would call common - again, not in my area at least.

[quote name='62t']Well if it is pack with every launch copy like other SE bonus I don't see why not. Target also gave out stuff for pokemon in the past.[/QUOTE]

^ Right.

I'm thinking if retailers like Target and Walmart are getting it (two retailers that don't have a great track record for preorders or online sales) then it is going to be part of the packaging (i.e. bundled together).

I really can't see Target or Walmart handing these out on release day. I just don't think they are organized enough to do so and I don't think Kingdom Hearts HD Collection is a big enough title for those corporations to want to deal with the hassle or making sure they get them out on the floor.

And if it is a pack in as other suggested then I'm not excited.... And if it does pertain to all launch copies I'm not going to preorder.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']On the Blog, they stressed that the art book would be extremely limited. Take that for what it's worth.[/QUOTE]Not to claim that they're lying, but what else are they going to say? "Don't worry, the artbook isn't going to be limited in any way, so there's no reason for you to go out and preorder RIGHT NOW." They want to move preorders, and introducing an "extremely limited" preorder bonus is probably an effective way to do so (regardless of whether or not it's packaged with the game).

The pre-order artbooks tend to be postcard sized and stapled together. I haven't seen a decent art book pre-order bonus since Tales of Legendia on PS2. Hyperdimension Neptunia might count, except is was technically part of a deluxe bundle and not really a pre-order bonus.

[quote name='GBAstar']Right but have you ever known Target to participate in something like this?[/QUOTE]

My target had the GTA V viewfinders with preorder and Pokemon has always had stuff.

---

Here's my 2 cents on the preorder vs pack in vs whatever debate...

KH is an extremely popular franchise and will probably run out of artbooks fairly quickly if they don't make a ton. I saw something similar happen with Theatrhythm, since I only saw the stylus for a few weeks after release. I also never really saw KH 3D's limited edition cards (though I never looked), though I do know 1 store near me that still has them (come on drop!). Anyway, long story short, this will probably be hard if not impossible to find shortly after release, which is enough for me.

I remember the pre order bonus for Re: Chain of Memories on ps2 (the postcard set) was bundled in with the game. That being said, I don't know why anybody cares if its shrink wrapped together or not.

[quote name='Drclaw411']I remember the pre order bonus for Re: Chain of Memories on ps2 (the postcard set) was bundled in with the game. That being said, I don't know why anybody cares if its shrink wrapped together or not.[/QUOTE]

Two reasons for me

1) It means it will be bundled with all first printing copies, so it may not be that limited

2) It will be the same size or small than the game, which would stink kinda, but "free" is free.

[quote name='admiralvic']My target had the GTA V viewfinders with preorder and Pokemon has always had stuff.

---

Here's my 2 cents on the preorder vs pack in vs whatever debate...

KH is an extremely popular franchise and will probably run out of artbooks fairly quickly if they don't make a ton. I saw something similar happen with Theatrhythm, since I only saw the stylus for a few weeks after release. I also never really saw KH 3D's limited edition cards (though I never looked), though I do know 1 store near me that still has them (come on drop!). Anyway, long story short, this will probably be hard if not impossible to find shortly after release, which is enough for me.[/QUOTE]

It's not extremely popular though.

It has a very enthusiastic following---big difference. If KH was as popular as you're saying the 3DS game wouldn't have hit $29.99 like two weeks after release and $19.99 not much long after that.

Every preorder bonus you mentioned could have fit inside a pack of cigarettes; all at once.

Stylus, AR cards, GTA view finder.

If this preorder bonus is on par with those then that is very telling.

I'm not saying it won't be in high demand because I know very well how die hard the KH fans are. But if it is a pack in like the T FF games or KH DDD then you'll find it day one.

And I don't care if they are bundled together but they're not going to send a full size book shrink wrapped together with a game. So my concern about them being bundled together is that the artbook will then be the same size of the game case (ex: Catherine).

1) It means it will be bundled with all first printing copies, so it may not be that limited

2) It will be the same size or small than the game, which would stink kinda, but "free" is free.

^ You beat me too it.

[quote name='argyle']Well as always, I say if it's something you want why chance it? If someone isn't really gung-ho about the book in the first place, then yeah, wait.

The XIII-2 book was weird. It was almost impossible to find in my area when the game first released (and I preordered). Strangely, some of them did start appearing a couple of months later, but it still wasn't something I would call common - again, not in my area at least.[/QUOTE]

True enough on point 1. I already have Another Report, which I'm guessing they're translating for this promo based off of the description, so I'm not as tempted (at least for full price).

As for point 2, maybe flippers started to re-turn them after they found it's not profitable. I noticed the same thing with Tomb Raider store exclusives from Target and BBY: they only had 1-2 copies after the first week but now, I see multiple copies of each at their respective stores.

[quote name='GBAstar']It's not extremely popular though.

It has a very enthusiastic following---big difference. If KH was as popular as you're saying the 3DS game wouldn't have hit $29.99 like two weeks after release and $19.99 not much long after that.

Every preorder bonus you mentioned could have fit inside a pack of cigarettes; all at once.

Stylus, AR cards, GTA view finder.

If this preorder bonus is on par with those then that is very telling.

I'm not saying it won't be in high demand because I know very well how die hard the KH fans are. But if it is a pack in like the T FF games or KH DDD then you'll find it day one.

And I don't care if they are bundled together but they're not going to send a full size book shrink wrapped together with a game. So my concern about them being bundled together is that the artbook will then be the same size of the game case (ex: Catherine).
[/QUOTE]

See, this is where I disagree. The side games have never been as popular as the main series, which isn't shocking, since they're not as good as the main series either. 365/2 sold very poorly because a lot of fans see it as a PlayStation series and the DS / 3DS aren't as impressive visually as found on the PlayStation platform. I am not saying that it's on par with VII or any of the really popular FF games, but I am saying that most fans (myself included) aren't a fan of the Nintendo games or side games in general.

As far as my other rewards go, the others were just similar SE pack ins I recalled. While you're right about the viewfinder, it was still a preorder item they offered.

[quote name='Vinny']
As for point 2, maybe flippers started to re-turn them after they found it's not profitable. I noticed the same thing with Tomb Raider store exclusives from Target and BBY: they only had 1-2 copies after the first week but now, I see multiple copies of each at their respective stores.[/QUOTE]

Hard to say about the book, since every store is a little different. I mean, I still know locations that have the book and CE bundled together and others with just the book bundled. However, that seems in line with how BB does things. So many of their bonuses are pack ins, which can be found on later dates. One of the best examples of this was Darksiders 2, which I still know a location or two that have that preorder edition.

Just wondering, if I had pre-ordered this before they showed the pre-order bonus I will still get the artbook right?
So glad they have finally decided to put a date on this game :D

Edit: Nevermind, found my answer.

Target was the only retailer to have those Pokemon Black and White art books a while back. As well as the Twilight Princess Shields from a long time ago.

[quote name='Namurashi']Target was the only retailer to have those Pokemon Black and White art books a while back. As well as the Twilight Princess Shields from a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

They also had some Palkia/Dialga stylus if you pre-ordered Pearl or Diamond.

[quote name='Namurashi']Target was the only retailer to have those Pokemon Black and White art books a while back. As well as the Twilight Princess Shields from a long time ago.[/QUOTE]

And Kmart was the only retailer to give out those shitty MK tees and Deus Ex / UMvC 3 posters and we all know how much energy they put into their video game sales now.

I just find it unlikely that Target would participate in a promotion that took any sort of effort to inform or train the staff...

...and because of that I feel like it is much more likely that this is a pack in item. Nothing wrong with that but logic also leads me to conclude it will be a game sized art book.

[quote name='GBAstar']And Kmart was the only retailer to give out those shitty MK tees and Deus Ex / UMvC 3 posters and we all know how much energy they put into their video game sales now.

I just find it unlikely that Target would participate in a promotion that took any sort of effort to inform or train the staff...

...and because of that I feel like it is much more likely that this is a pack in item. Nothing wrong with that but logic also leads me to conclude it will be a game sized art book.[/QUOTE]

Regardless, the Kmart exclusive Gordiant plush was awesome.

[quote name='mask.air.raid']I remember how much the Songbird was stressed to be limited and there were some floating all over the place for much less a few weeks after release.

It will be interesting to see how much this one will be said to be limited.[/QUOTE]

It goes both ways and you can end up having an endless debate of things that were "limited", yet weren't and games that weren't limited, but actually were. A perfect example of this is Catherine.

Catherine-edition-e1304357066944.png

Yet there were enough of them to last months and even got discounted to $50 on Amazon.

[quote name='Vigilante']Not to claim that they're lying, but what else are they going to say? "Don't worry, the artbook isn't going to be limited in any way, so there's no reason for you to go out and preorder RIGHT NOW." They want to move preorders, and introducing an "extremely limited" preorder bonus is probably an effective way to do so (regardless of whether or not it's packaged with the game).[/QUOTE]

I remember how much the Songbird was stressed to be limited and there were some floating all over the place for much less a few weeks after release.

It will be interesting to see how much this one will be said to be limited.

bread's done
Back