Pre-Order Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 Remix ($39.96), Get An Art Book

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not all HD collections include 3 games. Silent Hill only had two. MGS for the Vita only had two. FFX/2 is only two, but I figure that will add fuel to your fire due to it also being SE. Zone of Enders, and before you say "there was only two games in the series" that is untrue, there is a GBA game that I actually really enjoyed for ZoE.

If it was just KH for $40 very few people would buy it. The fact that it includes COM is a big plus for many people and was a big selling point for me because while I own it on GBA and put a ton of hours into it because I really enjoyed the gameplay, shocker I know because it's impossible for people to have different opinions. But I screwed up my deck by making it all premium thinking it was a good idea and it was impossible for me to beat the final boss. If it included KH2 it would have the same, if not bigger effect, but to make blanket statements like that is stupid.[/QUOTE]
I feel like vita mgs hd on vita is an exception though since the console version included peacewalker which was s game worth owning in my opinion. I enjoyed com but not enough for it to tip the scale for me wanting to plunk down $40 for it. I guess at the end of the day it comes down to everyone's perception of what the value of this collection is and I shouldn't make such glittering generalizations to the entire fanbase. I'm just of the opinion that KH 2 should have been included, perhaps I'm just bitter over that

[quote name='Rumors']I feel like vita mgs hd on vita is an exception though since the console version included peacewalker which was s game worth owning in my opinion. I enjoyed com but not enough for it to tip the scale for me wanting to plunk down $40 for it. I guess at the end of the day it comes down to everyone's perception of what the value of this collection is and I shouldn't make such glittering generalizations to the entire fanbase. I'm just of the opinion that KH 2 should have been included, perhaps I'm just bitter over that[/QUOTE]

I am rather shocked by your reply, this is the internet and there is rarely level headed responses to things like this. RAWR YOU'RE WRONG AND YOU SMELL BAD!!!! RARW

I admit MGS for Vita was kind of a stretch, but I wish it had Peace Walker HD included esp considering it was a portable game to begin with.

I don't think anyone is going to deny they rather have KH2 instead of CoM, but to say that no one would want CoM was the issue. My perception is if this sells well SE will release KH 2.5 HD for PS4 (I rather it be for PS3 but I doubt PS3 will be relevant by then) and it will have KH2 Final Mix, Birth By Sleep HD, and cutscenes from Re:Coded. I could be wrong of course, but that makes the most sense based on this set.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
I don't think anyone is going to deny they rather have KH2 instead of CoM, but to say that no one would want CoM was the issue. My perception is if this sells well SE will release KH 2.5 HD for PS4 (I rather it be for PS3 but I doubt PS3 will be relevant by then) and it will have KH2 Final Mix, Birth By Sleep HD, and cutscenes from Re:Coded. I could be wrong of course, but that makes the most sense based on this set.[/QUOTE]

The PS3 isn't going to become irrelevant any time soon, even after the PS4. The PS4 has no BC and the streaming service will likely have more than it's fair issues. Besides, the PS3 already has an established user base, familiar development tools, and then SE can just re-release it as part of the PS4's steaming service when it does go up.

SE knows this will sell well. Everything with KH on it sells well. That's why there are as many passable games in the series as there are good ones.

[quote name='Vinny']The PS3 isn't going to become irrelevant any time soon, even after the PS4. The PS4 has no BC and the streaming service will likely have more than it's fair issues. Besides, the PS3 already has an established user base, familiar development tools, and then SE can just re-release it as part of the PS4's steaming service when it does go up.

SE knows this will sell well. Everything with KH on it sells well. That's why there are as many passable games in the series as there are good ones.[/QUOTE]

The thing is by the time they decide to release a KH2.5HD I figure it'll be 2-3 years from now, I highly doubt they would want to release it for the PS3 at that point...if the PS4 is actually doing well by then. If it isn't I can't see them releasing it for the PS3 by then since it is outdated, that's my outlook anyway.

Damn it... I preordered this when it was in my gold box for $2 off, but I have a feeling if I don't cancel and resubmit my trade in that I'm not going to get upgraded to the limited edition.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']The thing is by the time they decide to release a KH2.5HD I figure it'll be 2-3 years from now, I highly doubt they would want to release it for the PS3 at that point...if the PS4 is actually doing well by then. If it isn't I can't see them releasing it for the PS3 by then since it is outdated, that's my outlook anyway.[/QUOTE]

Why would you think 2-3 years for 2.5 HD? I'm betting they'll announce it at Tokyo Game Show with release for next year on PS3. As for KH3, who knows. Versus XIII is still in limbo.

[quote name='ThusSpokeZarathustra']Damn it... I preordered this when it was in my gold box for $2 off, but I have a feeling if I don't cancel and resubmit my trade in that I'm not going to get upgraded to the limited edition.[/QUOTE]

You'll still get the artbook. It's not like it's a separate edition.

As for the whole "is this game a ripoff" debate, here's my $.02: If it's been several years since you played KH1 and want to finally fight the Engimatic Man, it's worth it. If you missed out on Re:CoM, it's worth it. Even divided among 2 games, it's $20 a game. Although it's an enhanced port, it's still not bad to play a 10 year old game on a modern system. You can also divide it by 3 and say $13.33 each for Kh1, Re:CoM, and watch a movie (days) and read an artbook. Some people still pay $10-15 dollars for the PS2 versions, so it's not like it's completely outrageous. Outrageous is what SE charges for mobile games.

If you're a casual fan, you might want to wait for a price drop or sale. But that same principle applies to any game.

[quote name='ThusSpokeZarathustra']Damn it... I preordered this when it was in my gold box for $2 off, but I have a feeling if I don't cancel and resubmit my trade in that I'm not going to get upgraded to the limited edition.[/QUOTE]

Don't know, possible you will still get it (pretty much what Reira said) but I just went and talked to Customer Service saying that the promotion can't be combined, but I rather not risk it so I cancelled the gold box discount I had and just pre-ordered it again for the full price with tax.

[quote name='Reira']Why would you think 2-3 years for 2.5 HD? I'm betting they'll announce it at Tokyo Game Show with release for next year on PS3. As for KH3, who knows. Versus XIII is still in limbo.[/QUOTE]

My thought on the subject is SE has no idea how it will do in the US and I am unsure of how it did in Japan. Once it releases stateside and is out for a month or two they can get an idea on the demand for such a product. They can then figure out if another one will be profitable. They can then start work on doing the HD stuff for the two games and cutscenes, which I figure will take about a year, but that's just a guess IMO.

So to me all that would add up to about 1.5-2 years till they release 2.5, but what do I know lol.:booty:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Is it susposed to say anything about it after placing the order? Or its just an automatic add on[/QUOTE]

Automatic. It will be shipped with your order.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']My thought on the subject is SE has no idea how it will do in the US and I am unsure of how it did in Japan. Once it releases stateside and is out for a month or two they can get an idea on the demand for such a product. They can then figure out if another one will be profitable. They can then start work on doing the HD stuff for the two games and cutscenes, which I figure will take about a year, but that's just a guess IMO.

So to me all that would add up to about 1.5-2 years till they release 2.5, but what do I know lol.:booty:[/QUOTE]

Well, their goal is 1 KH game a year. 1.5 took 6 months since it was announced for JPN release & 1 year for NA/PAL, so I'm positive it will be the same for 2.5.

Besides, the ending credits of 1.5 already basically confirms 2.5. Even more obvious than the secret message in 3D.

Why even bother making a 12 page hard cover book? With as much characters and universes there are in Kingdom Hearts, they could only manage 24 pages of art? What a disaster!

How is a free bonus item...a bad thing? Yes it's small, which stinks, but it's not like this version is $20 more than the base game. It's a free item...stop complaining.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']How is a free bonus item...a bad thing? Yes it's small, which stinks, but it's not like this version is $20 more than the base game. It's a free item...stop complaining.[/QUOTE]

That's one way of looking at it. Really, they didn't have to give us anything but with most of their KH release, SE throws fans a bone (art cards, stickers, poster, etc.). Still... it's a fair point: why bother with such a tiny artbook.

[quote name='Vinny']That's one way of looking at it. Really, they didn't have to give us anything but with most of their KH release, SE throws fans a bone (art cards, stickers, poster, etc.). Still... it's a fair point: why bother with such a tiny artbook.[/QUOTE]

Fans of any game series like to get stuff for their series. That is why CE and pre-order bonuses exist. To entice fans to buy the game when it comes out, to generate buzz. I for one think it's great to get something for free. No one who is buying this at retail has any idea just how rare it will be, but I am sure some people are pre-ordering this just because this art book is being included. I for one am getting it because I want the game, I am just like "wooo bonus".

[quote name='Vinny']That's one way of looking at it. Really, they didn't have to give us anything but with most of their KH release, SE throws fans a bone (art cards, stickers, poster, etc.). Still... it's a fair point: why bother with such a tiny artbook.[/QUOTE]

Saving the 200 page art book to go with the every-song-ever-in-the-series physical soundtrack, 1:1 scale keyblade, and resin statue of Sora, Donald and Goofy for the Limited Edition of KH3?

Hey, I can dream and I can wish. And I dream, and I wish.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I'm surprised they're going with hard covers for a 24 page art book. That has to be expensive.[/QUOTE]

It may be like the Hitman Trilogy case and have a slide out that combines the case and artbook together.

[quote name='breakfuss']why would i want a coloring book?[/QUOTE]

Man, I would actually prefer a coloring book. That would be awesome.

[quote name='Smashingly']Man, I would actually prefer a coloring book. That would be awesome.[/QUOTE]

You better color inside the lines :twoguns:

I did just preorder it but not sure if I should cancel it or not. Do you guys think there will be a price drop on the game as there has been on most big releases within a few weeks?

[quote name='bizmat']I did just preorder it but not sure if I should cancel it or not. Do you guys think there will be a price drop on the game as there has been on most big releases within a few weeks?[/QUOTE]

i'm from the future and the game drops to $29.99 3 1/2 weeks after release

[quote name='proKoyeon']i'm from the future and the game drops to $29.99 3 1/2 weeks after release[/QUOTE]

Hi, proKoyeon from the future. Thanks for the info haha.

Thanks Domo7 for the Facebook info, that pretty much killed the deal for me. I've to say, only if you guys/gals put the energy into stocks/bonds/derivatives, I think we're all rich by now, hahaha. I love good debates though, collecting video game memorabilia is a fun hobby in addition to playing the games themselves, it's pretty entertaining to read rebuttals from both side. And oh, to the lurkers/flippers, jump on this bonus, it's going to be super rare, it's Mickey Mouse, it's Final Fantasy, what's not to like?

I am still excited even though the art book is small. It is exactly the same price, so I don't see the issue? The only thing I am not excited for is the wait until it comes out.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']
If it was just KH for $40 very few people would buy it. but to make blanket statements like that is stupid.[/QUOTE]

OBJECTION. Lots of people would, new to the series, those who no longer have a copy, the people who pay 60$ for a game will, fans of the series would. A lot of people would buy it, it just wouldn't be a great value. MAybe less CAGS would but everyone would buy it the same.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Not all HD collections include 3 games. Silent Hill only had two. MGS for the Vita only had two. FFX/2 is only two, but I figure that will add fuel to your fire due to it also being SE. Zone of Enders, and before you say "there was only two games in the series" that is untrue, there is a GBA game that I actually really enjoyed for ZoE.

If it was just KH for $40 very few people would buy it. The fact that it includes COM is a big plus for many people and was a big selling point for me because while I own it on GBA and put a ton of hours into it because I really enjoyed the gameplay, shocker I know because it's impossible for people to have different opinions. But I screwed up my deck by making it all premium thinking it was a good idea and it was impossible for me to beat the final boss. If it included KH2 it would have the same, if not bigger effect, but to make blanket statements like that is stupid.[/QUOTE]

Are you fucking stupid or something? I would of paid $60 for KH1 alone and I know a ton of other people who would of paid more than $40 because we crave Kingdom Hearts.

Got an E-mail from Amazon today noting that the release date of the game is during the last week of September. WooHoo!:lol:

[quote name='dgwillia006']Agreed, I'd have paid 40$ just for KH1 in HD alone. I love the series, and I hate most of the series has gone to handhelds.[/QUOTE]

I don't really see the handheld stuff as such a bad thing. I really enjoyed Birth By Sleep and am about halfway through DDD and have enjoyed that so far as well. DDD is especially nice because it goes through and tells you basically what happened in every single game so far. I think I finally understand the whole story and can actually tell someone it now that I've played through and seen the flashbacks in DDD. Before I would have just said the story was you go through Disney Worlds.

Picking up the game at 15-20 with our without the art book. Maybe it's just me but these 15-20 page artbooks and such...are ok bonuses but not really that great. Now that full size one coming with the Last of Us...now that's an artbook worthy of posting on...since well it's full size haha. I really wish this would have been KH1, the other, and #2....now that is a possible day one purchase for me. At least I will pick up the FFX HD collection right away....should be sweet!

[quote name='finsfan0210']Are you fucking stupid or something? I would of [/QUOTE]

Lol, had to stop here. I'm not sure you should be calling anyone stupid.

[quote name='Smashingly']Lol, had to stop here. I'm not sure you should be calling anyone stupid.[/QUOTE]

I was just commenting on the guy's absurd post. I probobly should have taken a chill pill!

I don't think $40 is out of the question for a KH remake. I would agree it's a bit overpriced but I think plenty of people would buy it if it only came with KH and didn't come with COM or the cut scenes from 358/2. Heck I would pay $40 for an HD remix of KH2 (which we all know SE is probably working on at this point). KH has a pretty big fan base so I hardly see price being an issue or throwing in an artbook as a necessary incentive to sell copies.

If someone likes a game enough they will fork over the cash to buy it. I think final mix is a big enough selling point for KH fans in the US because we haven't even touched it. It's also one of the harder titles to import since you would have had to own a Japanese Ps2 to play it. I won't lie that I have been affected by the nostalgia and have purchased a lot of the HD remakes of games lately (MGS, Sly, SOTC / ICO, etc). I've also thrown money at re-released games as well (UMvC3, MK: Komplete, and I will be picking up DOA5 Ultimate even though I have DOA5 and DOA5 +). My point is that price isn't always the biggest issue for consumers.

bread's done
Back