Pre-order MIB III [Blu-ray/DVD], get Free MIB Ticket (First 10,000)

ssjmichael

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
UPDATE: Amazon has been sending out this disclaimer with movie codes. I can't say for sure whether they'll truly charge you $10 if you cancel your pre-order, as the wording even says "return" rather than cancel. But do keep this in mind when pre-ordering:

If you return the qualifying items purchased to obtain the promotional code, we will subtract the value of promotional code from your return credit.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Amazon has a pretty good, albeit pretty stupid offer right now. If you're one of the first 10,000 people to pre-order Men in Black III on Blu-ray or DVD by June 25th, they'll give you a $10 Movie cash promo code to see Men in Black III in theaters

LINK

Since there is absolutely no restrictions put on this, people will abuse it. Thus, if you are interested it's best to pre-order ASAP. So so dumb Amazon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol, and then they'll wonder why 10,000 copies were canceled by the weekend.

And what is with this trend of pre-orders before the movie is even out?!

Wow. That's truly a new one, pre-order the movie on disc before it's even released.

Odd enough to be able to do it before it's out of the theaters, though this is a new level of WTF.

Weird, but cool nonetheless. I preordered the standard BR+DVD pack, though I'm probably not alone in thinking about cancelling it somewhere down the line. :lol:

Thanks OP. I'll most likely buy the bluray 3d combo anyway if the movie is at least a little bit better than MIB 2.

Some guy on slickdeals just wrote a script to place 10,000 orders. Damn.

j/k

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP. I'll most likely buy the bluray 3d combo anyway if the movie is at least a little bit better than MIB 2.

j/k[/QUOTE]Wouldn't put it past them.

[quote name='shrike4242']Wow. That's truly a new one, pre-order the movie on disc before it's even released.

Odd enough to be able to do it before it's out of the theaters, though this is a new level of WTF.[/QUOTE]

Actually, not really. I hope this is a start of a trend, not a one-off. I spend thousands a year on discs. I've not been to a theater since 300 and have no plans to ever return. Interest in movies is never higher than right before it hits theaters (on most things) and, for the most part, the theater-going crowd and the disc buying crowd are not the same people, so this seems like a natural progression to me.
That said, I didn't bother to do the "deal" because you would have to pay me to watch this movie.

[quote name='tkidsterj']Couldn't someone just preorder it, get the ticket, the cancel the preorder?[/QUOTE]
Your powers of perception amaze.

Haha Jodou, I guess I should have worded that a little better. I know it's obvious, but I didn't know if there was any fine print involved that someone might have known about.

Judging by all of the related blu-rays at the bottom of the MiB3 page this looks like something they could roll out to many of the summer movies.

I just got free tickets to an advance screening for it so I won't be needing tickets but this is a really cool idea. I would definitly jump on board for a deal like this with big movies like Avengers, Star Wars, Batman, ect where you pretty much know before you even see the movie that you are going to want to own in on bluray and watch it again.

[quote name='SonictheHedgehog1337']Thanks OP. I'll most likely buy the bluray 3d combo anyway if the movie is at least a little bit better than MIB 2.

j/k[/QUOTE]

Limit 1 free ticket per account.

[quote name='mietha']the theater-going crowd and the disc buying crowd are not the same people[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately ever since the AMC Dine-In Theaters hit my area I started going back... a LOT... (mostly to midnight showings) to the point where I'm an AMC Stubs Member and do the Visa Signature $25 for $20 Fandango money offers.

There's just something about getting a beer, a smoothie, some wings, and some shrimp tacos delivered to my assigned seat that just happens to be a recliner.

Then I'll still buy the Blu if I like it that much.

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/imag...TermsandconditionsMIB3part2._V147336848_.html

Terms and conditions of this promotion: Only purchases of select Blu-ray movies from Amazon.com qualify.

Limited to one offer/one promotional code per customer.

Restrictions include the following:

• [FONT=&quot]Offer expires on 7/5/2012[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]e-Movie[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Cash certificates can be used for UP TO $10.00 toward admission to Men in Black 3. e-Concession Cash certificates can be used for $5.00 off any concession purchase[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]No cash to be provided as change.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Valid in the United States only[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Cannot be replaced if lost, stolen, expired or damaged. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Not redeemable for cash.[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Not for resale. [/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]Not valid with any other offer.[/FONT]
  • While supplies last.

LOL at the guy trying to order 10,000.

The promo appears on the MIB3 BRD page, but actually when you pull the terms requires you to buy MIB or MIB2. I'm guessing this was a change from earlier?

Edit: Must have reached the 10,000 and is now just for people who order the previous ones.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']The promo appears on the MIB3 BRD page, but actually when you pull the terms requires you to buy MIB or MIB2. I'm guessing this was a change from earlier?

Edit: Must have reached the 10,000 and is now just for people who order the previous ones.[/QUOTE]

No it's still alive. If you go through the checkout process, at the top of the final page you will see this:

Congratulations. Your purchase qualifies you for the movie ticket promotion.

Ordered a little bit ago. Assuming the movie code will take up to 48 hours to arrive. Like most here, I'm probably gonna end up canceling preorder with the exception being if the movie absolutely blows me away.

[quote name='blackwaltz34']just got my code

took about 2-3 hours. the code doesnt seem to be working though[/QUOTE]

Just got my code at 3am, but I ordered at 2:30pm. Haven't tried it yet. I probably won't use it. I have free tickets to a Men in Black 3 screening today (thursday) at 7:30pm. I'm hoping it's in the Imax theater.

[quote name='knight19']the codes may not be working since they don't become valid until tomorrow (5/25) if you read the email.[/QUOTE]

Good catch. Reading is FUNdamental!

Just curious. Is this deal dead yet? I would think that with it spread like wildfire by now 10K would have passed.

I just assumed the codes wouldn't be valid until it comes out. I can see where some people would think it's active now. You have to realize the "between 25th and..." goes with the redeeming, not the seeing, of the movie.

[quote name='knight19']the codes may not be working since they don't become valid until tomorrow (5/25) if you read the email.[/QUOTE]

ahhh..did not see this. thanks

For those who got the code, what was the subject for from address? Mine prob got put in spam.

Found it--shows up as "Your Amazon.com Promotional Code"

If a fraction of people keep their pre-orders it'll probably be a plus for them.

I'm just amazed they haven't gone through 10,000 yet.

Put in a pre-order as well, nothing to lose since Amazon doesnt charge your card till the item ships

EDIT: got my code as well. Will I be able to cancel this order before the movie comes out as long as I've redeemed the code?

[quote name='CWest']Cancelled three minutes after ordering lol[/QUOTE]Pathetic. It's people with this kind of mindset that ruin deals for others or possibly everyone.

bread's done
Back