Pre-Order Modern Warfare 2, get $10 off any +$39.99 title - Bestbuy.com

What's with the misleading thread title. Should have put the condition in the title. The "..." doesn't cut it. Not trying to crap on your post, but a little clarity will be helpful, and it's not that hard. Suggestion: "Pre-Order Modern Warfare 2, get $10 off any +$39.99 title"

is this in store too?

deal is completely useless if you're counting in shipping $ and the fact that you won't get the game on launch day

You also get $5 bonus on your RZ card.

The OP didn't bother linking the BB ad pages nor the required RZ. I plan on going tomorrow, preorder , pick up SFIV for 30 bucks and cancel the preorder right away. Wasn't even going to bother till TE sticks were readily available, meh; I think $30 for SFIV is worth it.

[quote name='Fyren']You also get $5 bonus on your RZ card.

The OP didn't bother linking the BB ad pages nor the required RZ. I plan on going tomorrow, preorder , pick up SFIV for 30 bucks and cancel the preorder right away. Wasn't even going to bother till TE sticks were readily available, meh; I think $30 for SFIV is worth it.[/quote]
Actually, I believe you get a bonus $10 on your reward zone.

I won't even begin to think about pre-ordering this game until I know more about the details of the Collectors/Special Edition.

that would be sweet getting $10 off any game then cancelling your pre-order, yeah sounds too good to be true

it's in the ad, I'm gonna have to re-read it to see. Do we save $10 off a $39.99+ game AND get 250points on our reward zone card??

[quote name='aznguyen316']it's in the ad, I'm gonna have to re-read it to see. Do we save $10 off a $39.99+ game AND get 250points on our reward zone card??[/quote]

yeah, im pretty sure this is right

Wow! This is a really great deal! Considering I have $40 in RZ Gift Certificates, the problem is I don't know what to use the $10 to off on.

[quote name='Wildcat1080']is this in store too?

deal is completely useless if you're counting in shipping $ and the fact that you won't get the game on launch day[/quote]

Why is getting the game on launch day so important, especially if you save a few bucks in this economy? If you get it a few days later, your life (hopefully) won't be any worse off. If it is, you should rethink a few things.

[quote name='Dijital']Wow! This is a really great deal! Considering I have $40 in RZ Gift Certificates, the problem is I don't know what to use the $10 to off on.[/quote]

SFIV, Skate 2, Resistance 2, and COD4 GOTY are all on sale this week at $39.99 each. I'm sure there are more $40 games you can find.

The ad mentions that you get 250 bonus reward zone points for preordering the game as well. Now if I were to preorder the game and get the 250 points, will the points disappear if I were to cancel the preorder?

[quote name='disillusion386']SFIV, Skate 2, Resistance 2, and COD4 GOTY are all on sale this week at $39.99 each. I'm sure there are more $40 games you can find.

The ad mentions that you get 250 bonus reward zone points for preordering the game as well. Now if I were to preorder the game and get the 250 points, will the points disappear if I were to cancel the preorder?[/QUOTE]

that's what I was wondering. I bet the points are tied to the pre-order on your RZ page like any other purchase. It would not be like bestbuy to just give away $20 if you lent them $5 for a day.

[quote name='disillusion386']
The ad mentions that you get 250 bonus reward zone points for preordering the game as well. Now if I were to preorder the game and get the 250 points, will the points disappear if I were to cancel the preorder?[/quote]

I have a feeling that canceling the preorder will not allow you to get the 250 points since it will be tied to your RZ account.

I'm thinking that once you receive the $5 RZ certificate and use it, then you can cancel the preorder.

[quote name='knightsdwn']
I'm thinking that once you receive the $5 RZ certificate and use it, then you can cancel the preorder.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to try that out. Hopefully it works :)

[quote name='knightsdwn']I have a feeling that canceling the preorder will not allow you to get the 250 points since it will be tied to your RZ account.

I'm thinking that once you receive the $5 RZ certificate and use it, then you can cancel the preorder.[/quote]

Well I was thinking that since it takes around 30 days for points to get posted on your account that I would cancel the preorder then. It's not like a return or anything. But if it is indeed tied to my account then I might just have to spend that $5 as soon as I receive it.

So it's a good for preordering and getting g some for 39 and canceling? I'm not a rewards zone member so I'm not worried about points.

I already had my eye on resisntance 2 for 40 and at 30 it would be done.

...So I just walk in, get my copy of Resistance 2, preorder MW 2 & R2 will be $30 at the registers? Not an RZ member or whatever Best Buy has, I'm a regular customer who pays with cash & only cash.

So is it confirmed as a 10$ gift certificate? I'd jump on R2 if I knew it was ultimately 30 bucks but I thought I remembered Best Buy having a system in place that required the purchase of the pre-order or the deal was void.

[quote name='Fatbot3']So is it confirmed as a 10$ gift certificate? I'd jump on R2 if I knew it was ultimately 30 bucks but I thought I remembered Best Buy having a system in place that required the purchase of the pre-order or the deal was void.[/quote]

AD

The ad says that you just save $10 off any game marked 39.99 or more, RZ member or not. The whole $5/points thing only applies to RZ members.

on the website you have to pay the full 60$ to pre order, and i dont see the bonus 250 online, and it took 10$ off my 10$ nba 09 the inside that was in my cart......hmmm so im gonna do this in stores so i only have to pay 5$, and so the deal is correct

Don't know if anyone's interested, but this will work on Wheelman as well even though it's on sale (at least it works online). Brings it down to $19.99

[quote name='Osiris11235']Why is getting the game on launch day so important, especially if you save a few bucks in this economy? If you get it a few days later, your life (hopefully) won't be any worse off. If it is, you should rethink a few things.[/quote]
I see no point in pre-ordering a game if you're not interested in getting it on launch day. It's the excitement of playing a game day-one, going to a midnight store pickup, being part of the initial playing hype, etc. It's the same reason people get so uppity to go see a movie's midnight opening or on it's first Friday night. It's just the "experience."

[quote name='Wildcat1080']I see no point in pre-ordering a game if you're not interested in getting it on launch day. It's the excitement of playing a game day-one, going to a midnight store pickup, being part of the initial playing hype, etc. It's the same reason people get so uppity to go see a movie's midnight opening or on it's first Friday night. It's just the "experience."[/QUOTE]

word.

Walked in, bought Resistance 2 and the Pre-Order. My total came to $37 and change. Even if I don't use the pre-order, I still saved money overall. Plus I got a $5 coupon coming may way.

Seriously thinking about Street Fighter IV with a 2nd pre-order.

I wonder if there is anything I can pick up for cheap. I will be buying Wheelman this week for the cheap price. I want to preorder COD: MW2 but damn dont know if there is anything to get to stack that $10 off with....all else I get to take $5 off MW2

[quote name='SilentSinr']This works in-store? or is this an online only deal?[/quote]

According to the ad. Both....easier in store since you only put up $5

[quote name='joshnorm']According to the ad. Both....easier in store since you only put up $5[/quote]

awesome that is what i was hoping for, Thanks, probably going to pick up little big planet with the $10 off

I picked up the Resistance 2 Collectors Ed w/ the pre-order and R2 came out to $29.99, so i can definitely confirm it works in-store.

You also get a bonus $5 RZ cert for pre-ordering the game, and come November 14th if you dont pick up the game, you can get your $5 back for the pre-order.

I guess from everyone's posts it means you have to use the coupon at the time of reservation? There isn't like a coupon inside the pre-order case? Does it automatically take $10 off when they scan the COD Sku?

Got this and SFIV, the discount applied to SFIV even with it on sale. Game totalled to 30 and the reservation remained at 5. This was done in store.

hmm im wonderin if i should go pc or ps3.. lol
i had cod4 on pc.. loved it.. but all my ps3 friends where tellin me to pick it up for ps3 when i already have the pc version (im not fond of buying a game that i already own)..
"Dude you need to get COD4 on ps3"... im like "I already have it on pc". lol

PS3= i get to play with my friends
PC= i like keyboard and mouse controls for my FPS games.

Now if they allow you to use keyboard and mouse on the ps3 game, ill get that. lol

Just did this with cod4 and walked away from the store with only 35 bucks outta my pocket

Probably will cancel preorder during the summer.

I was tempted at getting a newer game with the deal but then decided I've enjoyed
Cod4 more than any other game in the world

[quote name='hypertek']Now if they allow you to use keyboard and mouse on the ps3 game, ill get that. lol[/QUOTE]
The only game I've ever heard of allowing this is UT3 on the PS3. I really, really wish more console games would allow that. People raised on console FPS games don't know the amount of accuracy they're missing out on by not having a mouse. :)

[quote name='Bezerker']I picked up the Resistance 2 Collectors Ed w/ the pre-order and R2 came out to $29.99, so i can definitely confirm it works in-store.

You also get a bonus $5 RZ cert for pre-ordering the game, and come November 14th if you dont pick up the game, you can get your $5 back for the pre-order.[/quote]

The Collector's Edition of R2 is also $39.99?

So has anybody tried this on Wheelman in store? That shouldn't work with the coupon, since after this week's discount the price is below the $39.99 minimum required for the offer.

Also, does the receipt indicate something about the pre-order being tied to the $10 off? I was wondering if when eventually cancelling the pre-orders, BB may require a return/adjustment of the discount on the other game somehow (thus not making it a free $10 off coupon like it seems to be).

As a reminder, Godfather II is also on sale this week for $49.99, giving people another potential game to use the offer with.

[quote name='thepik241']The Collector's Edition of R2 is also $39.99?[/quote]

It may be YMMV, basically the CE is being clearanced slowly, so its gradually dropping and the current price is $39.99, chances are its going to go lower.

Was it ever clarified if the $10.00 is for a gift card or is the game you buy automatically discounted by $10.00 after you pre-order MW2? Will this work on another pre-order and not a game already released? I would like to get UFC Undisputed as cheap as possible.

[quote name='cek12345']Was it ever clarified if the $10.00 is for a gift card or is the game you buy automatically discounted by $10.00 after you pre-order MW2? Will this work on another pre-order and not a game already released? I would like to get UFC Undisputed as cheap as possible.[/quote]

it's automatic discount. should be taken off at the register. I can't confirm, but based on past experiences I'd say this is for current releases only.

[quote name='ryheeles']it's automatic discount. should be taken off at the register. I can't confirm, but based on past experiences I'd say this is for current releases only.[/quote]
Correct. It was an automatic discount for me.

I saw this is the BB ad preview and took advantage of it today. The cashier rang up the game and then the preorder and the promo box appeared on the screen without my saying a word about the deal. Bought CoD4 for $29.99 + $5 for the preorder before lowering it even more with the $5 RZ gc I had.

Even if you don't want the CoD6 preorder just do it anyway and you'll still save about $6 today and you can cancelled the preorder later. They might take away or put a hold on your RZ card for 250 points from the preorder bonus but you'll have already saved money from the $10 discount. Or you could just not pick the game up and break even since they already gave you $5.

I want this on release day for sure so i'll just keep my BB preorder and earn more points on the final purchase unless somewhere has a crazy preorder deal or nice bonus.

bread's done
Back