Pre order Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword (DS) and get a nifty sword stylus

[quote name='Caliburn']Bump for the close release date.

I'm hoping against odds that if I place an order online, I will get the stylus too. But if I return the online order to a B&M store, will the receipt have a line item for the stylus as a bonus that I'd have to return for full credit?

I haven't ordered anything with a bonus online from GS.com before so I'd really like to know. I know online orders can be returned to any store though.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

I think it depends on if the stylus ships with the game. I ordered Silent Hill Orgins from them recently but since the bonus was listed as being preordered it didn't ship with the game and thus didn't appear on the packing list. I will say though that the preorder bonus for Orgins has since shipped and I've ordered tons of games with preorder bonuses from the website and recieved every one. As long as you order while it still says the bonus is available you should be fine.

I ordered online and I'll see if I can return the game in-store. If not, I can sell it new online for just under GS' price and still make out pretty well.

Just as an FYI for those that pre-ordered in store - even though gamestop's haven't recieved the game, some have recieved the Stylus. I recommend calling ahead and to pick it up so you don't get screwed out of it.

In regards to the acutal stylus - it's actually a fairly well made bonus item that is pretty cool. However, I'm not sure how good it will work as a stylus as the point of the sword is made of the same plastic as the rest of the item and it has a sharper point than the normal DS stylus.

[quote name='Mindzeye82']Just as an FYI for those that pre-ordered in store - even though gamestop's haven't recieved the game, some have recieved the Stylus. I recommend calling ahead and to pick it up so you don't get screwed out of it.

In regards to the acutal stylus - it's actually a fairly well made bonus item that is pretty cool. However, I'm not sure how good it will work as a stylus as the point of the sword is made of the same plastic as the rest of the item and it has a sharper point than the normal DS stylus.[/quote]

Yeah, I got the stylus yesterday and I would never actually use it. However, it's really awesome. :D

I got my stylus, but they didn't have the game. Hopefully they'll throw in another stylus when I pick up the game.

Overall the stylus is very nice. It's also not as sharp as I expected, but still made from molded plastic so you probably shouldn't use it w/out a screen protector.

[quote name='UltimoRey']Is tomarrow too late to pre-order and get the sytlus?[/quote]
Technically yes. But the current store ad says the stylus is also available with purchase (not just preorder) so if they have extras, you should be able to get one.

My copy just arrived. Love the Dragon Sword stylus. Keep an eye out for the UPS guy. If you pre-ordered, there's a good chance you'll be getting your package today.

[quote name='imacgod']Got my shipping confirmation.[/QUOTE]

And everything arrived today! :applause:

Doesn't sound like it was a hot game in Japan (possibly because of the stabbing crimes), but US reviews are giving it good scores. Hope that means I didn't waste my money!

[quote name='62t']local store didnt get any stylus. Who should I complain to?[/quote]
Was this in FL by any chance?

Because my local store didn't get any in either, so I went to another one to get one. They told me that all stores should have gotten them and that if they say they didn't it just means that the employees took them for themselves.

Try giving the district manager a call. You may need to ask the manager of a local store to get the number, however.

[quote name='Rozz']Was this in FL by any chance?

Because my local store didn't get any in either, so I went to another one to get one. They told me that all stores should have gotten them and that if they say they didn't it just means that the employees took them for themselves.

Try giving the district manager a call. You may need to ask the manager of a local store to get the number, however.[/QUOTE]

This is in CA. The store manager actually called like 2 other GS to see if they got any extra stylus but no luck. On gamefaqs that several people also didnt get it.

I didnt get it either and I am pisssssssed. It was the sole reason for making a purchase through gamestop. Im in chicagoland for reference. I called around and no local stores had any left either in spite of low levels of preorders.

According to online status, my game shipped without the stylus. WTF?! Did this happen to anyone? Does it mean they are out of the stylus and won't fill the order?

[quote name='Hair6a11']I didnt get it either and I am pisssssssed. It was the sole reason for making a purchase through gamestop. Im in chicagoland for reference. I called around and no local stores had any left either in spite of low levels of preorders.[/quote]
Same here, I didn't get it, and the sword stylus is the only reason I pre-ordered it. :cry:
Or else I would have waited untill release day and try to find a deal somewhere.

[quote name='eau']According to online status, my game shipped without the stylus. WTF?! Did this happen to anyone? Does it mean they are out of the stylus and won't fill the order?[/quote]
fuck the online store. I called them up asking why the fuck my bonus stylus wasn't shipped with the game and they said they ran out. I told them I fucking preordered it on the first day it became available online with the bonus gift and they should have filled the preorders in the order that they were placed. They fucking told me they couldn't tell which order was placed first, and there was no guarantee that you would receive a bonus item (even if you preorder way in advance). You preordering 2 months ago doesn't mean you have priority over some dude preordering 2 weeks ago. fuck the online store. I'm gonna do my preorders in the store from now on.

anyone try contacing temco? I known atlus and capcom steped up when gs didnt have enough pre order bonus

[quote name='eau']fuck the online store. I called them up asking why the fuck my bonus stylus wasn't shipped with the game and they said they ran out. I told them I fucking preordered it on the first day it became available online with the bonus gift and they should have filled the preorders in the order that they were placed. They fucking told me they couldn't tell which order was placed first, and there was no guarantee that you would receive a bonus item (even if you preorder way in advance). You preordering 2 months ago doesn't mean you have priority over some dude preordering 2 weeks ago. fuck the online store. I'm gonna do my preorders in the store from now on.[/quote]
fuckthat. I'm never preordering from them. I was worried that might happen and now we have proof.

I feel for those that went thru the process to preorder only to not get your bonus. I only preorder thru the gs.com from them since I know the employees here have this tendency to make sure they get their bonus items and to hell with the customers.
I did get a stylus and I had only preordered it last week from the website.
Personally I would have been contacting them today had the stylus not been included to force them to take a loss on the whole process they can't seem to consistently get right.

Maybe it's an actual and limited stylus for once. And maybe the game was able to push more copies than they had stylii. Although it is unfair if ordering earlier gets you nothing.

The game is actually pretty fun. I'd say it's like Zelda Phantom Hourglass but much more action.

[quote name='eau']fuck the online store. I called them up asking why the fuck my bonus stylus wasn't shipped with the game and they said they ran out. I told them I fucking preordered it on the first day it became available online with the bonus gift and they should have filled the preorders in the order that they were placed. They fucking told me they couldn't tell which order was placed first, and there was no guarantee that you would receive a bonus item (even if you preorder way in advance). You preordering 2 months ago doesn't mean you have priority over some dude preordering 2 weeks ago. fuck the online store. I'm gonna do my preorders in the store from now on.[/quote]
I hate to tell you, but it's the same thing if you pre-order in-store. There is no order to the way they fulfill their pre-orders, it's first come first serve for the pre-order bonuses and for the games as well. This is how I got screwed out of MGS3:Subsistence LE and the bonus MG Saga DVD, I should have been able to get the game at least since I pre-ordered it. But luckily I was able to get the sword stylus even though I went some time after the store opened. The guy said it was the last one, although I don't know if it's because they only received one or if other people already picked theirs up before I got there. So the rule of thumb is: pre-order in-store, it doesn't really matter when you do it, and to ensure that you get the bonus (and the game if it's a limited ed.) get there ASAP as soon as it's released - or get there before the store even opens depending on how badly you want the item.

Yeah when you pre-order has no effect on if you get the item. In-store is first come first serve, the first people to get into the store to get their pre-order get the stylus.
I pre-ordered it in January.I couldn't go in during the day, I had to wait until that night and I didn't get it. :(

I feel pretty bad my GS was handing those swords out like candy. I ended up getting two with my pre-order. GS pretty much sucks unless you get special treatment.

[quote name='jrhawk42']I feel pretty bad my GS was handing those swords out like candy. I ended up getting two with my pre-order. GS pretty much sucks unless you get special treatment.[/quote]I usually get special treatment at my local one. :) I go in there so often everyone knows me, and are usually nice.I've been going there since it was an EB.(R.I.P.)
This is the first time I've ever had any trouble with Gamestop.

After reading this thread I was worried so I picked up my pre order at noon, had no problem getting a stylus.
How hard would it have been to just hold on to one stylus per preorder and keep your employees away from them, at least for a day or two? Considering how much they advertised it, you'd think they'd put a little effort into making sure their costumers were satisfied. But then again, this is gamestop we're talking about.

Yeah, GameStop is FAIL. I preordered Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations like two months in advance because I heard about the Phoenix plushie that came with it. I went to pick it up at GameStop where my brother's friends work and first of all, despite preordering they were going to try and sell me an opened copy from the shelf, which pissed me off enough. THEN, when they were about to ring me up I asked where my plush was and they told me they didn't have any more. I asked them why and they said it was because they gave them away to people who didn't preorder in an incentive to get them to buy it. I was basically like W...T...F... that's the reason I preordered the game!! What is the point of people preordering at that point! Why pay full price for something that I KNOW is going to price drop like 3 months later if I'm not getting something cool with it - especially when the REASON I preordered was the bonus. It really pissed me off and I told them I didn't want it anymore and they acted like I was a dick for cancelling my preorder over it. That store effectively lost my business that day. Shaq-Fu, gamestop!! Shaq-Fu indeed...

I pre-ordered SUnday evening, 3/23 from ebgames.com and I got the game AND the stylus. So I = :D.

My guess is the preorders were distributed in a LIFO manner (last [order] in, first [order] out)?

For those who ordered online, the DS stylus DOES appear as a line item on the receipt with a value of 0. I want to return the game later in the month as I only preordered for the game. Hopefully they won't question the stylus? Not sure as I've never done this before.

I guess I'm in the lucky minority that I've never been screwed out of a preorder from Gamestop, dating back to the N64 days at EB.

Pre-ordered in store and got my sylus! The guys at my GS are pretty cool to me and my family. They always give us bonus items even if we didn't pre-order the game. I have received several face plates (two for Ace Combat 6, one for Mass Effect, one for Universe at War, probably more). Hats, an actual pinata for Viva Pinata (really cool, my son loved it), t-shirts, you name it. Got an entire box of Halo collector cards last time I went in there. They even know my six year old son is a Mario nut! When they receive Mario toys of any kind they will set aside a complete set for us.

I had to grab my stylus the day before the game in. When I returned the next day to get the game (the day of release), the manager said they had run out of them - which is kinda shocking!

[quote name='darkslime']I got my stylus, then returned the game to BB and bought crisis core.[/quote]
"Returned the game to BB"...I didn't know BB had the bonus stylus where you bought it from... ;)

fuck gs.com. I'm still pissed with them. Perhaps I should write them a nasty email and hope they will give me a coupon or something for the heat.
Ok. They fucking shut down their website this weekend. fuck!

[quote name='eau']"Returned the game to BB"...I didn't know BB had the bonus stylus where you bought it from... ;)

fuck gs.com. I'm still pissed with them. Perhaps I should write them a nasty email and hope they will give me a coupon or something for the heat.
Ok. They fucking shut down their website this weekend. fuck![/quote]Yeah, I emailed Tecmo and was going to email them... :tongue:
Why do they have to shut down their site for the whole weekend to update it?
Websites update all the time and usually are only down for a few hours if that.

My friend works in a Gamestop in San Fran since he goes to college there. He came back to Inglewood(Near LA) for spring break and had a bunch of leftover pre-order goodies for me. My favorite were the sword Stylus and Professor Layton and The Curious Village. I'm not sure how he got Layton for free but hear no evil see no evil. x]

Also, I tried to snag another one for someone who missed out but the GS Employees gave me heck about it >_>

[quote name='AwRy108']If you pre-ordered the game at GameStop and didn't get your stylus, PM me ASAP.[/quote]
class-action law suit?;)

[quote name='UltimoRey']class-action law suit?;)[/quote]

LOL. No, I saw this thread, so I grabbed an extra one at my store--I'll mail it to the first CAG'er that PM's me.

[quote name='AwRy108']LOL. No, I saw this thread, so I grabbed an extra one at my store--I'll mail it to the first CAG'er that PM's me.[/quote]
Do you work there or something cause I was like yelled at for trying to get an extra from one of my stores DX

[quote name='Homerun17']Do you work there or something cause I was like yelled at for trying to get an extra from one of my stores DX[/quote]

I work there part time--all the employees (including the manager) are my friends, so it's pretty laid back; and, to be honest, the "perks" (eg. I got Motorstorm for $15, and Super Paper Mario for $1) and the extra bit of guilt-free gaming cash are great, especially since I'm basically earning it all by chilling with friends.

In any event, my store is in a pretty low-class area that's populated by a very specific demographic of people that spend all their cash on XBox 360 FPS's; in other words: games like Ninja Gaiden Dragon Sword just don't get sold at our store unless one of the employees buys them. However, we did manage to get in like 5 of the pre-order sword stylus packs, and NONE of them were claimed. I grabbed one for myself, and an extra to share with a CAG'er who might have got stiffed by their own GameStop.

bread's done
Back