Pre-order Paper Mario 3DS 29.99$ at amazon.ca

Thanks TC. I was just looking around for deals on this the other day and couldn't find any. It's like you used dark magic or something but, I'm not complaining.

I called them up on Wednesday asking why they didn't have the game up on the website yet. The rep told me he would forward the request to the appropriate department, and voila, here it is. Amazon is good.

Thanks for the link!

Thanks OP I pre-ordered it.

Maybe the low price is because of the less than positive reviews? I don't care about reviews, I think I'll enjoy this game - but I really wish they'd just go back to the style of a straight up JRPG like the first two games. TTYD was probably my favorite JRPG of last generation.

[quote name='True Kronic']Thanks OP I pre-ordered it.

Maybe the low price is because of the less than positive reviews? I don't care about reviews, I think I'll enjoy this game - but I really wish they'd just go back to the style of a straight up JRPG like the first two games. TTYD was probably my favorite JRPG of last generation.[/QUOTE]

This is a Paper Mario game and not a Mario & Luigi game, which you might be referring to. The combat will be more similar to the former, but a lot has changed, because all your attacks are based on stickers.

[quote name='EvilMario']This is a Paper Mario game and not a Mario & Luigi game, which you might be referring to. The combat will be more similar to the former, but a lot has changed, because all your attacks are based on stickers.[/QUOTE]

Nope, I'm talking about Paper Mario.

The first two games were turned based Japanese style RPGs - not sure what you'd call the last game on Wii (a crappy game, is what I'd call it).

This is turned based combat - but there's no stats or items or equipment - it's all stickers.

Even though this is getting shit on in reivews - I find I usually like almost everything I buy (after doing research on it and hopefully finding or waiting for a deal). I figure the story and style will be enough for me to finish it.

Not sure why you say this; the reviews have been generally solid and have referred to it as a challenging, old-school Nintendo game. That sounds pretty great to me.

[quote name='True Kronic']Even though this is getting shit on in reivews[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Hovercraft']My shipment of this game from Amazon is delayed. Anyone else having similar issue?[/QUOTE]

Same for me. It now says that the game is in stock (since Friday night I think) and will ship soon. ETA is November 20th.

I don't even like doing preorders but getting 10$ off at launch sealed the deal for me. The fact that they don't even have the games on their launch day isn't making me like preordering games any more...

[quote name='Hovercraft']My shipment of this game from Amazon is delayed. Anyone else having similar issue?[/QUOTE]

Yep, mine was delayed by a mere 2-3 days. I wasn't even in any rush to get it, I just wanted the $10 off, so I'm fine with it.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Yep, mine was delayed by a mere 2-3 days. I wasn't even in any rush to get it, I just wanted the $10 off, so I'm fine with it.[/QUOTE]

Mine was delayed as well, though it shipped today, so the wait isn't much to be annoyed with.

bread's done
Back