Pre-order Wii Sports Resort and Wii MotionPlus at Amazon

D. Monic

CAGiversary!
Amazon just put Wii Sports Resort and Wii MotionPlus up for pre-order. Yeah, I know these aren't technically deals since they're MSRP, but I thought it was worth posting because major shortages are virtually assured at release. Pre-ordering is strongly recommended.

Wii Motion Plus comes out on June 8 for $19.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-MotionPlus-Nintendo/dp/B001TOQ8NO

Wii Sports Resort comes out on July 26 for $49.99.
http://www.amazon.com/Wii-Sports-Resort-Nintendo/dp/B001COQW14/

You can also preorder these at Gamestop, but those bastards are charging $25 for WiiMotion Plus. So hey, maybe Amazon really is a deal after all.

Wii MotionPlus at GS
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?Product_ID=74505

Wii Sports Resort at GS
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=74506

Also, IGN has confirmed that Virtua Tennis 2009 will use Wii MotionPlus. In fact, it'll be the first game released that supports it (beating Tiger 10 and EA's Grand Slam Tennis by a week or two).

You can currently pre-order Virtua Tennis 2009 at Amazon for $36.99 (MSRP is $39.99).
http://www.amazon.com/Virtua-Tennis-2009-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B001SET1KW

A new peripheral to make the Wiimote accurately work. :roll:

Unfortunately, this is a "feature" that should have been released at launch as standard equipment. For fucksakes, it's just a gyroscope.

Just like WiiFit, I will wait to see how many games actually begin using the new hardware. Or, better yet, I will wait until all new Wiimotes automatically have it and buy one of those instead of this.

Last edited by a moderator:
maybe I'm just tired, but I read the description for wii motion plus on GS.com but what exactly does it do and what games is it meant for?

[quote name='MrDubbs']maybe I'm just tired, but I read the description for wii motion plus on GS.com but what exactly does it do and what games is it meant for?[/QUOTE]

In a nutshell, besides making the Wiimote more bulky than ever before (let's not forget the Wii Condom), the Wii Motion Plus is supposed to amplify the Wiimote's ability to capture a more realistic representation of a user's actual real life actions and more accurately depict these actions on screen.

Only games that are coded to use it will allow for the increased functionality, which means the older games will still capture motion like poop.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a feature that should have been implemented at launch. Before even thinking about buying one, I'm going to wait until all of the new Wiimotes have it as standard.

[quote name='MrDubbs']maybe I'm just tired, but I read the description for wii motion plus on GS.com but what exactly does it do and what games is it meant for?[/quote]

It makes the Wiimote much more accurate (like it should have been in the first place). It doesn't work with past games. Only those games that support it going forward. So, Wii Sports Resort would be the only game.

I wish The Conduit still had support so we wouldn't have to deal with shitty Wii Sports Resort as the flagship title.

I love how people use the argument that "this should have been how it was when it was released in 2007" when the technology to do it would have, in 2007, pushed the cost of the console into the stratosphere.

If I remember correctly, wii motion plus add-on is being packed with wii sports resort?

Just read the product description and it does come with it.

[quote name='fatez']so the wii motionplus will be coming with new controller gloves?[/QUOTE]

I was wondering that as well. The pic suggests that yes indeed it will. That would be a nice thing for Nintendo to do.

[quote name='Plinko']I love how people use the argument that "this should have been how it was when it was released in 2007" when the technology to do it would have, in 2007, pushed the cost of the console into the stratosphere.[/quote]

Gyroscopes? No. Tech has been around for quite some time. I was using gyroscopic mice 15 years ago that are similar and cost less than $100 back then. By 2007, the tech was plenty cheap. The only difference may be power consumption. It probably was a dollars decision, but not because it would have pushed up the console price. More like wanted to keep more in the pocket.

[quote name='Nohbdy']I wish The Conduit still had support so we wouldn't have to deal with shitty Wii Sports Resort as the flagship title.[/quote]

I understand the sentiment, but honestly, I can't think of a whole lot an FPS like the Conduit would be able to do with Motion Plus that wouldn't be completely extraneous to the game. Virtua Tennis, on the other hand...that's promising.

BTW, GS did that $5 more thing with the Wii Zapper, too. $24.99 instead of $19.99. Something about optional first-party Wii accessories, I guess.

[quote name='Plinko']I love how people use the argument that "this should have been how it was when it was released in 2007" when the technology to do it would have, in 2007, pushed the cost of the console into the stratosphere.[/quote]

Hey at least they aren't removing features from the console like one publisher we know.

i think nintendo is getting really greedy, $30 for another wii sport game ? i have to admit wii sport is fun but not for $30, and i think resort will not be better than the orginal game
don't let nintendo believe these accessory game is easy money to make

[quote name='acyw13']i think nintendo is getting really greedy, $30 for another wii sport game ? i have to admit wii sport is fun but not for $30, and i think resort will not be better than the orginal game
don't let nintendo believe these accessory game is easy money to make[/quote]

It's $50 dollars for the game and the motion plus. And to think Resort will not be better then Sports is utterly inane and overly judgemental. Christ, they've gotten too much riding on it for it to not be and the Wave Race portion ALONE covers the cost of the game.

[quote name='dabogues']I understand the sentiment, but honestly, I can't think of a whole lot an FPS like the Conduit would be able to do with Motion Plus that wouldn't be completely extraneous to the game. Virtua Tennis, on the other hand...that's promising.

BTW, GS did that $5 more thing with the Wii Zapper, too. $24.99 instead of $19.99. Something about optional first-party Wii accessories, I guess.[/quote]

They did the same thing with gameboy advance games and certain DS games. Usually Nintendo published, but not always

I wonder if Nintendo will start releasing the Wii with Sports Resort and Motion + as standard pack-in items. This would make sense, but knowing Nintendo they will hold out to see how well these sell on their own. If they do pack these in I will be inclined to buy another Wii. Mine was stolen last year and I want another one, but the lineup is lacking any real killer titles right now. MadWorld looks cool and the new Silent Hill looks pretty awesome but other than that, kinda blah. Hopefully E3 will reveal some awesomeness.

[quote name='opportunity777']A new peripheral to make the Wiimote accurately work. :roll:

Unfortunately, this is a "feature" that should have been released at launch as standard equipment. For fucksakes, it's just a gyroscope. [/quote]

Who knows how much it would have cost at launch though? That was a main reason. The Wii remote works well for games that don't require highly accurate gestures. Anyway, I don't think we need even more jabs at the Wii in topics that don't call for it. It just comes off as being bitter.

Regardless, thanks for the info. Pre-ordered! :)

[quote name='Sixtail']Hey at least they aren't removing features from the console like one publisher we know.[/QUOTE]

Great, now all we need is a 360 slam and we fulfilled the tri-factor of hatorade

:applause::lol:

I think it's nice, but I'll hold out, wonder what will happen to the addons that work with the wii-mote, what will happen to those if Motion+ is added.

How many morons will ignorantly and lackadaisically blow off this opportunity and end up either wasting an 'Andrew Jackson' in gas hunting for this game and/or an extra dongle this summer, or will in desperation buy a MotionPlus add-on off some loathesome eBay hoarder for twice its MSRP?

Thanks, OP, but as soon as I saw the Kotaku entry about the release date being announced this morning, I flew over to Amazon to see...and I preordered then. I wonder a.) how much hoarding Amazon will end up allowing for these preorders and b.) how long they'll be taking preorders. Not gonna think about it too much because a.) already got mine secured and b.) just thinking about the greed makes the bile rise.

"So you hate Captialism" comments to commence in 5...4...3...2....

I preordered my copy of the game but will be waiting on the second Wii Motion Plus attachment. While I do have two remotes and would want to have the unit for both, I would rather wait and see if anyone in my group of friends and family want to play these new games before I make that investment.

Besides, the jetski game is all I really want it for.

So we basically have to pay for an add on that allows the remote to function like was supposed to in the first place? You'd think they would be happy with all the money they have made thus far but I guess not.

The most reasonable thing to do would have been to maybe price Wii Sports 2 for $20 or pack the MotionPlus with Wii Sports 2 for $30.

Not that excited about it, but I put in a preorder on both for now. I don't want to decide I want it and then have to wait forever later.

Thanks OP.

[quote name='jollydwarf']How many morons will ignorantly and lackadaisically blow off this opportunity and end up either wasting an 'Andrew Jackson' in gas hunting for this game and/or an extra dongle this summer, or will in desperation buy a MotionPlus add-on off some loathesome eBay hoarder for twice its MSRP?

Thanks, OP, but as soon as I saw the Kotaku entry about the release date being announced this morning, I flew over to Amazon to see...and I preordered then. I wonder a.) how much hoarding Amazon will end up allowing for these preorders and b.) how long they'll be taking preorders. Not gonna think about it too much because a.) already got mine secured and b.) just thinking about the greed makes the bile rise.

"So you hate Captialism" comments to commence in 5...4...3...2....[/quote]

This post should be Amazon's ad. Preordered.

[quote name='Vinny']The most reasonable thing to do would have been to maybe price Wii Sports 2 for $20 or pack the MotionPlus with Wii Sports 2 for $30.[/QUOTE]

No, the more reasonable thing to do would be to give a motionplus AND WiiSports Resort to every wii owner for FREE. And also they should start making charitable contributions to Sony.

It's only right.

Yeah, I want to see how good the pack in game is before buying. It could be cool like Wii Sports or be crappy like Wii play.

I'm in no rush, I was so unimpressed by the Wii Balance Board, I have pretty much zero faith in nintendo at this point.

[quote name='gkrykewy']No, the more reasonable thing to do would be to give a motionplus AND WiiSports Resort to every wii owner for FREE. And also they should start making charitable contributions to Sony.

It's only right.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And every Wii Sports Resort/MotionPlus bundle should be delivered to each gamer on a pony they get to keep!

Anyone wondering about how well WM+ works ought to read the IGN hands-on preview for Tiger Woods 10. In short, it sounds amazing.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/961/961390p1.html

[quote name='D. Monic']Agreed. And every Wii Sports Resort/MotionPlus bundle should be delivered to each gamer on a pony they get to keep!

Anyone wondering about how well WM+ works ought to read the IGN hands-on preview for Tiger Woods 10. In short, it sounds amazing.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/961/961390p1.html[/QUOTE]

Every IGN preview for a new Wii peripheral reads amazing, until, the actual product comes out. I'll wait until one of my colleagues at work gets suckered into buying one first.

[quote name='opportunity777']In a nutshell, besides making the Wiimote more bulky than ever before (let's not forget the Wii Condom), the Wii Motion Plus is supposed to amplify the Wiimote's ability to capture a more realistic representation of a user's actual real life actions and more accurately depict these actions on screen.

Only games that are coded to use it will allow for the increased functionality, which means the older games will still capture motion like poop.

As I mentioned earlier, this is a feature that should have been implemented at launch. Before even thinking about buying one, I'm going to wait until all of the new Wiimotes have it as standard.[/quote]

Then have fun when the Wii 2 launches in a few years.

actually... for a full all out controller it would be about 80 bucks

40 for the wii remote
20 for the nunchuck
20 for the WM+

80 total...wow...think about it... for 2 "full controllers" you could have gotten an xbox 360

Well, I'm no apologist for Nintendo (no, really!), but I have to imagine that by some point this Fall, a MotionPlus 'dongle' (immature titter)* will come standard with the console, and I have to believe that around that point, the Wii remotes will start including it either as a detachable item or as a redesigned controller. In the latter case, I could see them making the tandem only $50 as opposed to $60, especially if consumers will no longer have a choice.

I mean, someday, anyway.

*--(More immature titter)**

**--(Even MORE imm--you get the idea.)

Even if it should have been included from the start, this peripheral still has a lot of potential. I preordered the game and a second MotionPlus. Thanks OP.

[quote name='Sixtail']I the Wave Race portion ALONE covers the cost of the game.[/QUOTE]

Truth.

Since there isn't a true WaveRace sequel on the horizon, the jet ski portion of 'Resort' is what's selling me on it. Motion+ is a bonus.

$20 stand-alone for this thing is utterly ridiculous.

[quote name='Corvin']Truth.

Since there isn't a true WaveRace sequel on the horizon, the jet ski portion of 'Resort' is what's selling me on it. Motion+ is a bonus.

$20 stand-alone for this thing is utterly ridiculous.[/quote]

I agree, i think 15 is much more reasonable

[quote name='WuGgaRoO']actually... for a full all out controller it would be about 80 bucks

40 for the wii remote
20 for the nunchuck
20 for the WM+

80 total...wow...think about it... for 2 "full controllers" you could have gotten an xbox 360[/quote]

1. Either you are comparing MSRP for Wii accessories to a discounted/sale price for 360 accessories, or you are comparing wireless Wii controllers to wired 360 controllers.

2. At this point in time, there are no games that require Motion Plus, and there won't be a large percentage that require it in the near future. Also, many games do not require the nunchuck.

3. What about $30 for the text messaging pad to connect to the 360 controller?

I'm not thrilled about paying another $20 for what should have been there in the first place, either. I can't help but think how much better some of the existing games could have been with it. But I'll get Wii Sports Resort, and I'll get a second Motion Plus (I'll hold off on outfitting the other 2 Wiimotes with it, though), because I think it will be fun.

If they try to sell Wiimotion++ later on (no, it really works this time, honest, but it requires you to already have a Wiimote with the first WM+), then I'll be pissed. Good grief.

Part of me wishes they went the Sony route and just released new controllers with the additional functionality (that was impossible to have in the first place). Sure, I'd have to sell my existing Wiimotes, probably to Gamestop, since no one would want to buy the old version, but at least they could charge a more reasonable $50 for a single unit, and I wouldn't have to stack dongles (I have wireless nunchucks).

I have 2 25$ gamestop gift cards and I will be preordering this in the coming days. I loathe shopping at Gamestop but I have giftcards so it can't be avoided. At least I am buying a new release and not a used game, so they don't make more off me than any other store does. Even if this game is bad the resell value of it will be high enough where I won't have to worry about losing money so its a no-brainer buy.

The WiiMote allows the Wii to have the best golf/home run contest/light gun shooting/swordfighting games on the planet.

I can't wait to see what WiiMotion Plus will do for the NEXT GENERATION of golf/home run contest/light gun shooting/swordfighting games!

This is gonna be amazing!!!

bread's done
Back