pre-order  Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY and 20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATES plus other extra' s

S

starmask2k3

Got this email bestbuy saying this

pre-order the Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY 

PLUS GET $20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATESLaunch the most daring counter-offensive in history in Wolfenstein: The New Order, a game that puts you up against oversize Nazi robots, hulking Super Soldiers and elite shock troops in intense first-person combat. Break into hidden research facilities and heavily guarded weapons stashes to find out where the Nazi's advanced technology came from, and level the playing field by upgrading your own tools of destruction with what you find. From mountaintop car chases to underwater exploration, Wolfenstein: The New Order cultivates an unbelievably exhilarating adventure with high-octane action and an immersive game narrative, created by a group of seasoned developers at MachineGames and rendered in stunning detail with the id Tech 5 engine. So if you think you have the heart and the daring of a hero, go up against this terrifying Nazi regime and restore history to its rightful place.

Pre-Order now get access to:
MyBestBuy customers get $20 in reward certificatesThe Doom Beta, and the Only @ BestBuy Exclusive Panzerhud miniature

Last edited:
Not really sure why you would do that. Based on past practice, everyone will get the higher credit regardless of when they preordered. Heck, all of us who preordered South Park late still got the $20.
Exactly. Actually I was surprised when I received the $20 instead of $10 in points.

Updated on the website now.

y7qnONL.jpg

I still think this will hit $39.99 quickly, still hopeful it'll end up at redbox so I can save $40 lol.
Only annoying point is paying $60 for $20 gc, two weeks later its $40 and I wouldn't have $20 locked at bestbuy. Just my two cents.
If any retailer offered credit wouldn`t you be "stuck" there too? Plus what`s really stuck BB matches damn near everybody & YMMV pm`s happen quite more often just last week people scored the Target b2g1 & currently are getting the 3DS gc pm`s.

What? I`m assuming you`re not GCU b/c you`re about the 1st person to mention $60 @ all. Most of us are paying $48 + $20 credit + 96 rz pts then play n trade then game asap to get $38-$44 credit plus 2X rz pts on the trade in. If you`re elite plus & do the trade in @ BB that`s close to another $5 credit. So the end result is more like BB paying US to play wolfenstein AND then we get to use the credit to make the next $48 game free via credit. Not sure why one would be annoyed/upset at being locked into a retailer that`s paying us to play games daily.

I know it`s April but if we`re adding it all up BB is the front runner for retailer of the year hands down
1-Best daily deals via GCU
2-Best trade in values
3-Most useful/valuable store credit
4-Best coupons(every @gamer thread is full of beggers for them month after month)
5- Best program value $60 GCU
6- Best overall deal 5x RZ pts promo

#6 Allowed people to score easy Elite plus & stack enough credit for free systems with no cap. And offered the best double dip in retail. When the next one comes around hopefully people won`t waste as much time debating it & utilize it.
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/325562-best-buy-5x-points-on-in-store-purchases-friday-through-saturday-30-off-select-3ds-xl-systems/

I'm assuming you're reffering to making it a habit to use Best Buy's credit card more regularly? If not, please elaborate; I'd rather not have to spend $3,500 there either...
^^^#6 was used well this yr for easy elite plus, pre-paid visas to pay bills or buying kindle cards @ BB then using them at Amazon. The visa`s make every purchase for gas, groceries, Target/Walmart/Fry`s... count towards elite plus and the fee is negated since you get most of the amount back in rz pts.

Now if BB comes thru & starts selling BB giftcards thru amazon payable with credit & increases the visa load limits to $500 boom goes the dynamite

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Sell-BestBuy-giftcards-through-Amazon-as-a-3rd-party-vendor/idi-p/763307
http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/500-load-limits-on-the-BestBuy-Pre-paid-visa-s/idi-p/763707

Now if BB comes thru & starts selling BB giftcards thru amazon payable with credit & increases the visa load limits to $500 boom goes the dynamite
If for whatever reason Amazon let you buy Best Buy gift cards from them, they would never let you buy them with Amazon credit. They currently sell gift cards for restaurants, movie theaters, etc and none of them are able to be bought with Amazon credit and they aren't even competition like Best Buy is.

Hey we kill the people who don`t read the fine print or don`t read/follow the directions.
Break it down cheat sheet/cliff notes knowledge is power and so is money so learning to save/earn money comes at a cost time.
Time is money use it wisely.

A select few may get this
"I gave you the truth and the reason I can`t give you the answer."

I think we've had enuf of posts that are far from concise, so here' something short and sweet: Best Buy has updated the product page for Wolfenstein to reflect the new $20 reward certificate offer. 

Best Buy is literally the only thing that keeps me from buying digital games. I was going to take the plunge and go all digital since digital sales are growing on PSN/Live, but for new releases, Best Buy has already saved me tons in the last year or so with the $10/$20 bonuses, the standard 2X points for Gamers Club, and then I got in on the legacy price for the 20% discount so it was paid off rapidly.

So, despite my dreams of one day going all digital, it is too late on PS4. I've got too much day 1 cash being sent back into my wallet by Best Buy to take the $60 digital prices of Sony and Amazon on PSN.

Maybe sometime Best Buy will add digital sales via cards in store so that it doesn't hurt their brick and mortar presence as bad, but for now, they are gunning for first place in physical console game sales. And by the looks of their physical bonuses, it is largely for the sake of keeping disk appetites alive in retail.

Now anyone here know why Amazon and PSN digital prices are so much more than physical? Even Amazon has digital PSN games priced at $20 higher in many cases, like for Killzone Shadow Fall, etc.?

Awesome! I got my ps4 order in and I'll use the $20 cert I receive on Watch Dogs. :D
There's a good chance it won't be deposited in your rewards account that fast. Often times they wait so that you are not profiting at their expense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Would love to apply this to Watch Dogs, but that releases just a week after this.. not usually enough time to get the cert. Destiny, however, is another matter.

Yeah, it's not like you can use the certificate on 1000s of other products at Best Buy and bestbuy.com either, or futures game releases.
Not sure what your point is. The delay is to avoid people doing anything to the transaction, right? It encourages you to simply make honest purchases that you'll hang on to. They benefit from you having points at Best Buy, and also from you not getting the reward instantly.

Side question:

What happens if you return the item, but already used the points you got from it as a certificate on another item? Then they can't deduct the points since you spent them on something else, right? How do they handle that?

Side question:

What happens if you return the item, but already used the points you got from it as a certificate on another item? Then they can't deduct the points since you spent them on something else, right? How do they handle that?
You end up with negative points in your account.

In store?
Ya, just saw it. Should be able to order for in-store pickup and get it.

More confirmation: "The Panzerhund miniature figurine will be provided to customers who place their orders in-store or online for in-store pickup while supplies last." - Mike-BBY

Not sure what your point is. The delay is to avoid people doing anything to the transaction, right? It encourages you to simply make honest purchases that you'll hang on to. They benefit from you having points at Best Buy, and also from you not getting the reward instantly.

Side question:

The points won't post fast enough for Watch Dogs, but once it does post, you can save it for the other pre order promos, gift card deals, sales, etc. The delay has to do with your side question more than anything. The delay has nothing to do with Watch Dogs or any other offers. You can use your $20 cert on Elder Scrolls PS4/X1 and you'll get your $10 cert for that too (for example). Make sense?

Pre order in store is probably the most likely as the in store pick up person will probably not know anything about the promo. I mean it's 50/50 anyone else will but still. I recommend in store anyway, personally I like only having to pay $5 now.
OK, I pre-ordered in store today for $5. They didn't have those pre-order cards like Destiny and Watch Dogs so I gave them the ps4 sku. Even though I got the purchase linked to my rewardzone/GCU account, the price on my receipt says it will be $57 when I pick it up.

Is it supposed to show the GCU adjusted 20% off price on the receipt?

It doesn't on mine. I've only made online pre-orders as a GCU member, so I'm not sure how it is supposed to work when pre-ordering in store.

OK, I pre-ordered in store today for $5. They didn't have those pre-order cards like Destiny and Watch Dogs so I gave them the ps4 sku. Even though I got the purchase linked to my rewardzone/GCU account, the price on my receipt says it will be $57 when I pick it up.

Is it supposed to show the GCU adjusted 20% off price on the receipt?
It doesn't on mine. I've only made online pre-orders as a GCU member, so I'm not sure how it is supposed to work when pre-ordering in store.
It always says the standard remaining balance. Only when you pick it up with your GCU card will the price be altered.

It always says the standard remaining balance. Only when you pick it up with your GCU card will the price be altered.
thanks.

also, a new 35 min. gameplay video has been released. dual-wielding and non-regenerative health so it's kinda old school which could be cool...but i also think it looks like a by the numbers corridor shooter. at least it's essentially a free rental before trading it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnYb61NvDZ0

thanks.

also, a new 35 min. gameplay video has been released. dual-wielding and non-regenerative health so it's kinda old school which could be cool...but i also think it looks like a by the numbers corridor shooter. at least it's essentially a free rental before trading it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnYb61NvDZ0
Thanks for posting that. It looks like a mid-tier shooter, plain and simple. Something that's a little too rare these days. I, for one, like the occasional FEAR, Call of Juarez, or Metro type of shooters, so for what this costs, I'm interested enough. I am practically buying it for the DOOM beta with the game being a blind shot for me at that price on Day 1 with GCU.

thanks.

No problem.

Also, I can't take that video seriously. I mean, the dudes names has "HD" in it and that video quality is like 480, lol. Thanks though. I'm still actually excited for this game. Paying roughly $30 for it and guarantee getting the DOOM beta is nice. Plus the figure.

its actually $48 for $20 with GCU.
At which point do you factor in the costs of GCU?

Personally I dont have it, as most times bestbuy isn't the one with the best price IMHO. So paying for GCU, and trying to PM. Sounds like a bad time, is there any doubt this falls in price quickly?

This is just how I feel, to each their own.

Personally I dont have it, as most times bestbuy isn't the one with the best price IMHO. So paying for GCU, and trying to PM. Sounds like a bad time, is there any doubt this falls in price quickly?

I think most people on this forum who have GCU are locked in for the next couple years at the old price, so the costs have probably already been factored in after buying a few games. The current GCU price of $120 for 2 years isn't really as bad as it looks. Saving over $60 a year isn't that hard to do with this program. Also, GCU stacks with their own sale prices, but you can't PM and get the 20% discount. You have to choose one or the other.

Best Buy is literally the only thing that keeps me from buying digital games. I was going to take the plunge and go all digital since digital sales are growing on PSN/Live, but for new releases, Best Buy has already saved me tons in the last year or so with the $10/$20 bonuses, the standard 2X points for Gamers Club, and then I got in on the legacy price for the 20% discount so it was paid off rapidly.

So, despite my dreams of one day going all digital, it is too late on PS4. I've got too much day 1 cash being sent back into my wallet by Best Buy to take the $60 digital prices of Sony and Amazon on PSN.

Maybe sometime Best Buy will add digital sales via cards in store so that it doesn't hurt their brick and mortar presence as bad, but for now, they are gunning for first place in physical console game sales. And by the looks of their physical bonuses, it is largely for the sake of keeping disk appetites alive in retail.

Now anyone here know why Amazon and PSN digital prices are so much more than physical? Even Amazon has digital PSN games priced at $20 higher in many cases, like for Killzone Shadow Fall, etc.?

There's a good chance it won't be deposited in your rewards account that fast. Often times they wait so that you are not profiting at their expense.
Ditto for me regarding Best Buy. I also upgraded GCU 2 weeks before they upped the price and I got the 2 year extension for $30 so I'm locked into them for almost 3 years.

I pre-ordered Wolfenstein at the pre-order kiosk today and noticed they allowed for the purchase of digital games for some titles. Was busy there so I didn't have time to ask, but I wonder if the 20% off works on digital titles purchased from that kiosk? I'm going to ask when I go in there next. Might be the way to go for those of us with BBY GCU and want to go more digital this generation.

I think most people on this forum who have GCU are locked in for the next couple years at the old price, so the costs have probably already been factored in after buying a few games. The current GCU price of $120 for 2 years isn't really as bad as it looks. Saving over $60 a year isn't that hard to do with this program. Also, GCU stacks with their own sale prices, but you can't PM and get the 20% discount. You have to choose one or the other.
They have already had GCU on sale for 50% off twice this year, so it was $60 for a two year membership. Just look for the deal again and you might not have to do the $120 price. I personally did go in on the legacy pricing and it paid off in under two months. With their courtesy extension that they did for the new program signup, I am getting two full years of costless savings to me since they already saved me more than the price of membership through my must-buy day one games.

They have already had GCU on sale for 50% off twice this year, so it was $60 for a two year membership. Just look for the deal again and you might not have to do the $120 price. I personally did go in on the legacy pricing and it paid off in under two months. With their courtesy extension that they did for the new program signup, I am getting two full years of costless savings to me since they already saved me more than the price of membership through my must-buy day one games.
Yeah. I've had GCU since before they added the 20% bonus and got the $30 deal last year. Whether it's $30, $60, or $120, it's still a great program for a lot of people on this site. My sub has been paid for just by factoring in the 10% trade in bonus. Hopefully they do more $20 preorder certificate bonus like the good old days.

Getting in on this, thanks OP.

Did the math and it's going to be about 32 after tax for me, and they tend to give that much back for trade ins of new games, so it's like a risk-free rental at worst.

Who knows though, it might be awesome? Plus a Doom beta. Win Win.

If you were smart and got it for 2 years for $30 then the cost is marginal compared to the savings. Not to mention if you really wanted to with 20% you can buy new release games, sell them on ebay, make about $2 per but hit Elite status for free and churn your way into a crapton of best buy reward zone certificates. I like gaming the system though so it makes sense to me, why pay for something that I can get for free?

Most people factored the sub fee into their 1st few purchases if you could break even on 1-3 games and/or trades you still have 2 whole yrs of savings. Titanfall CE was like $70 in value w/GCU when GCU was $60, South Park was $20 credit + $12 off so you could easily made back the discounted fee on 1 game.

$600 over 2 yrs to break even isn`t alot of money to spend for CAG regs but the $600 price isn`t even correct. You get close to $5 in rz certs on the sub itself 120 pts 2x 240/250, more if you`re elite/elite plus. 720/750 needed for $15 if purchased during the 5x pt promo not including elite/elite plus. Then it`s fair to consider what the 10% trade in bonus means with BB offering the highest TIV`s on newer titles if you`re locked in on day 1 you can make a dent in the remaining $115 right there.

BB makes it easy to utilize GCU to game for cheap and/or free just "float" the same $80-$100 on play n trade games for months.

I may just get wolfenstein shipped so I don't need to drag the 6 month old 45 minutes to the store. Any idea when I can expect it to arrive? Saturday after release date?

thanks.

Don't post videos that clearly have copied from the original source, and are trying to make it their own. That's why the video quality sucks.

It came straight from Bethesda's official channel, here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvIQyP0V-a0

Don't post videos that clearly have copied from the original source, and are trying to make it their own. That's why the video quality sucks.

It came straight from Bethesda's official channel, here:
Bethesda actually had to re-upload theirs, so at the time that the copied version was linked, Bethesda hadn't even bothered to put up the HD version yet so they were all 360p. The comments weren't too happy with 360p so they re-uploaded. Thanks for posting the official one though.

Is the $20 pre-order bonus limited to only one console?

To rephrase, if I were to buy it for 2 consoles would I get a $40 bonus?

only one $20 total so even if you bought 3 copies and all 3 copies were for different consoles you would still only receive $20 total
Does anyone have a source for this? I've been told this when asking the same question myself, but I've yet to read/hear it from an official source.

No offense, but that's not really an answer. I've checked their website and I haven't found it addressed there.
Q1: Which games qualify for this offer?
A1: Watch Dogs, Elder Scrolls Online, Dying Light, Destiny, Wolfenstein: The New Order, and Titanfall. Visit My Best Buy for a list of eligible games, street dates, minimum age requirements, and other requirements. Street dates are subject to change by the game vendors.

Q2: Who is eligible for this offer?
A2: To qualify for this offer, you must be a My Best Buy™ (formerly Reward Zone) member, and meet minimum age requirements of purchased game (17 or older for M-rated games) by the time of game pickup or shipment (see deadlines).

Q3: How do I join My Best Buy?
A3: To join My Best Buy, please visit a Best Buy store or My Best Buy.

Q4: What do I have to do to qualify for this offer?
A4: If you are an eligible My Best Buy member, pre-order your copy of any of the qualifying titles in either the standard version or special edition for PS3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, or PS4 prior to their release date. Then you must purchase and pick up your pre-order within 7 days of street date. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup. When you meet these requirements, you will receive 500 bonus points credited to your account within 15 days of purchase or game shipment.

Q5: Where can I pre-order and purchase the qualifying games to qualify for this offer?
A5: You may pre-order and purchase any of the qualifying games in Best Buy stores or online at BestBuy.com. Please provide your member number at the time of pre-order and pickup.

Q6: Can I pre-order and purchase multiple copies of an eligible game and get multiple rewards?
A6: No. There is a limit of one (1) award per My Best Buy member per game title.

Q7: What if I pre-ordered any of these games before I saw this offer?
A7: This offer is available to all eligible My Best Buy (formerly Reward Zone) members who pre-order any of these games before their release date, regardless of when they saw the offer. Please be sure to provide your My Best Buy member number at the time of checkout or purchase (or before shipment for BestBuy.com purchases) to ensure you are credited properly. If you pre-ordered in store prior to becoming a My Best Buy member, or failed to provide your member number at the time of pre-order, please call customer care for assistance at the number below.

Q8: What if I am not a My Best Buy member (free membership) at the time I pre-ordered any of these games?
A8: You do not need to be a My Best Buy member at the time of pre-order, but in order to qualify for $10 in reward certificates, you must be a member by the time of game pickup or shipment. Please note: If you join on the day of in-store pickup, please ensure your enrollment is on the same transaction as your game pickup for fulfillment purposes.

Q9: What if I am not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at the time I pre-ordered any of these games?
A9: You do not need to be a My Best Buy (formerly Reward Zone) Gamers Club Unlocked member to qualify for the $10 reward certificates offer on these games. You can join My Best Buy for free, and you will qualify.

Q10: What can I purchase with my reward certificates?
A10: Best Buy reward certificates are good for future purchases at Best Buy and BestBuy.com and are subject to the terms and conditions listed on Get 10. To contact Best Buy customer service, please call 1-800-BEST BUY (1-800-237-8289).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Games-Promotions/My-Best-Buy-Get-10-FAQ/pcmcat308600050000.c?id=pcmcat308600050000

bread's done
Back