pre-order  Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY and 20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATES plus other extra' s

S

starmask2k3

Got this email bestbuy saying this

pre-order the Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY 

PLUS GET $20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATESLaunch the most daring counter-offensive in history in Wolfenstein: The New Order, a game that puts you up against oversize Nazi robots, hulking Super Soldiers and elite shock troops in intense first-person combat. Break into hidden research facilities and heavily guarded weapons stashes to find out where the Nazi's advanced technology came from, and level the playing field by upgrading your own tools of destruction with what you find. From mountaintop car chases to underwater exploration, Wolfenstein: The New Order cultivates an unbelievably exhilarating adventure with high-octane action and an immersive game narrative, created by a group of seasoned developers at MachineGames and rendered in stunning detail with the id Tech 5 engine. So if you think you have the heart and the daring of a hero, go up against this terrifying Nazi regime and restore history to its rightful place.

Pre-Order now get access to:
MyBestBuy customers get $20 in reward certificatesThe Doom Beta, and the Only @ BestBuy Exclusive Panzerhud miniature

Last edited:
I just Checked and my saying the same thing. I just posted on the forum. If you want go ahead and post to and that way Best Buy can see they goofed on a lot of orders. My Guess is They forgot to update the computers to the $20.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-at-Best-Buy/m-p/811684#M5042
Yeah, with this 500 bonus point mix up, I'm not sure about the $5 egiftcard will be done properly. I'm thinking this is my last preorder from BB.

To anyone posting, just stop. It can take up to 15 days (per the terms of the promo) for the points to post.

You whining about not seeing them isn't doing anything.

Total Points Earned with this transaction
  • Purchases 15
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 15
  • Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus 500

hmm, shouldn't it be 1000, not 500. Is anyone else seeing other 500 under somethng else? I'm not seeing the other 500 anywhere else.
I just Checked and my saying the same thing. I just posted on the forum. If you want go ahead and post to and that way Best Buy can see they goofed on a lot of orders. My Guess is They forgot to update the computers to the $20.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-at-Best-Buy/m-p/811684#M5042
Some CAGS said only 500 was showing for them at first but then it updated to the correct amount later on. I would wait it out a little before contacting them.

It's crazy how many people on here are panicking when it's only been 3 days. And some even saying they won't preorder from best buy anymore. It states it can take 15 days and my first 500 just posted today. Didn't bother messaging anyone and I won't unless the other 500 don't show up by day 15. I can almost bet that those who got all their points added already are elite since they have a 30 day return window there is no reason to hold their points for 15 days.

Question:

You can see your points in your mybestbuy account for this transaction? Not worried... I typically always get what I'm supposed to just curious.

Also, how many of the Wolfenstein figures/toys/freebies did stores get? I didn't get one with my in store pickup and figured they were most likely handed out to people who bought in store---but my store doesn't sell a lot of games so I'm wondering if they didn't get them or they were taken by employees.

Question:

You can see your points in your mybestbuy account for this transaction? Not worried... I typically always get what I'm supposed to just curious.

Also, how many of the Wolfenstein figures/toys/freebies did stores get? I didn't get one with my in store pickup and figured they were most likely handed out to people who bought in store---but my store doesn't sell a lot of games so I'm wondering if they didn't get them or they were taken by employees.
the figures were canceled

It's crazy how many people on here are panicking when it's only been 3 days. And some even saying they won't preorder from best buy anymore. It states it can take 15 days and my first 500 just posted today. Didn't bother messaging anyone and I won't unless the other 500 don't show up by day 15. I can almost bet that those who got all their points added already are elite since they have a 30 day return window there is no reason to hold their points for 15 days.
I'm actually Super Elite Plus and got 2000 points. Best Buy said they were only giving 500 points to non-Elite members and giving the left over points to the top tier shoppers since they figured no one would notice. They also told me that they were taking the missing Panzerhund figures and cutting the heads off and mailing them to non-Elite members instead of the $5 replacement certificate.

Was this confirmed by Best Buy somewhere? I was bummed that they hadn't heard anything about this promotion when I picked up my game.
Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing to pre-order Wolfenstein: The New Order at Best Buy. As many of you have now noticed, we have had to remove the Panzerhund Miniature from our pre-order bonuses. This was due to an unforeseen manufacturing issue and we apologize for any disappointment that this caused.

In lieu of the Panzerhund Miniature, we will be providing pre-order customers with a $5 Best Buy eGift Card. You can find more information on this process by following the link below, which is where we will also provide any potential future updates. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-at-Best-Buy/td-p/800484/page/6

Hello everyone,

Thank you for choosing to pre-order Wolfenstein: The New Order at Best Buy. As many of you have now noticed, we have had to remove the Panzerhund Miniature from our pre-order bonuses. This was due to an unforeseen manufacturing issue and we apologize for any disappointment that this caused.

In lieu of the Panzerhund Miniature, we will be providing pre-order customers with a $5 Best Buy eGift Card. You can find more information on this process by following the link below, which is where we will also provide any potential future updates. http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Let-s-Talk-Games/Wolfenstein-The-New-Order-at-Best-Buy/td-p/800484/page/6
Thanks I had no idea.

One more question:

How does the my best buy site work when looking for a transaction to check the points you were awarded?

I preordered Wolfenstein on 04/19 and paid $50.64. It was an online purchase for instore pick up and I just picked it up today.

Would I be looking at the "my best buy" site for a transaction on 04/19 or 05/22?

I am completely fine with waiting but I wasn't sure how they would work it out. I'm going to guess 05/22 since they don't technically bill you for an in store pickup item until you pick it up. Is that correct? If so that's great because I'll get a bonus 10% in points for using my BB RZ CC

One more question:

How does the my best buy site work when looking for a transaction to check the points you were awarded?

I preordered Wolfenstein on 04/19 and paid $50.64. It was an online purchase for instore pick up and I just picked it up today.

Would I be looking at the "my best buy" site for a transaction on 04/19 or 05/22?

I am completely fine with waiting but I wasn't sure how they would work it out. I'm going to guess 05/22 since they don't technically bill you for an in store pickup item until you pick it up. Is that correct? If so that's great because I'll get a bonus 10% in points for using my BB RZ CC
when the points finally post it will post on the day it was pre ordered so if you pre ordered April 19th then it will appear on that day transaction

Wow some people here are so irrational and uninformed. It can take 15 days to post people. My account is now showing 500 pending. The rest will post later, as numerous people have experienced and explained here. No reason to post in their forums already.

Seriously wild seeing people say Best Buy has messed up when there's way more evidence showing that this is routine processing for them. It's well within the 15 days so I wish people would use some logic and not contact support already or threaten to stop using Best Buy.

Best Buy is offering one of the best places to save on console games in the country and they back it up with support, but at least wait more than 3 days for a 15 day reward please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did I miss something? Shouldn't this be 1000 bonus points? Im showing 500 pending also which is only $10...was advertised as $20.

The game already posted in my account, I only got $10 though and not the $20. So since it's not pending and it already went through would the other $10 show up at a later date?

Shit, I only see 4200 points posted already, when will the other 8700 post? This is ridiculous, contacting Best Buy now to tell them how shitty they are and to deactivate my account. I'll never use them again. Bait and switch, bait and switch!!! Also, does anyone know anything about the puppy dog cereal toy? I need that. Thanks.

Every single game released turns people into babies. Even though they clearly tell you points don't post immediately, people stay freaking out. Wait the15 days or whatever before crying.

Every single game released turns people into babies. Even though they clearly tell you points don't post immediately, people stay freaking out. Wait the15 days or whatever before crying.
i think alot of people have already had their points posted and they were only 500, that is where alot of the problem is. and they dont clearly tell you that you get half now, half at some other point, so i think its pretty valid that people just want it to be right.

I have the 500 points that posted under the title "Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus".  So, yes, no $20 bonus, only $10.  They already issued my $10 RZ cert that I can use.  So, maybe we will get $20 more.....who knows.  The RZ is always a mess.  They have screwed up multiple times, and honestly, it usually works out in my favor in the end, so I will not complain.  I just wanted to reiterate that I see the 500 points.

i think alot of people have already had their points posted and they were only 500, that is where alot of the problem is. and they dont clearly tell you that you get half now, half at some other point, so i think its pretty valid that people just want it to be right.
Best Buy says it takes 15 days and multiple people here have said that it usually works out fine and have had positive experiences. Yes, their system could be more transparent, but there are enough reasons for people to be patient and keep calm. There is too much documentation that Best Buy has put out not to honor what they have said. People act like there is no accountability or responsibility that Best Buy will take and people assume they are surely going to get screwed. Any issue i've ever had with Best Buy has ALWAYS worked out in my favor at least with getting what I should have but usually more than I should have.

Also, i'm willing to bet the same people freaking out over their missing points are the same ones that have taken advantage of pricing mistakes or other similar things with Best Buy. Yes, those things aren't necessarily related, but people don't realize that Best Buy has been pretty decent to gamers with their deals and honoring price mistakes, etc. Cut them some slack and give them some time before getting mad or worried and clogging up their customer service lines and costing them money in answering questions or resolving issues that will likely get resolved on their own.

Nobody should be concerned unless you show nothing after 15 days. Which by my count is still a ways off. Seriously, there are a lot of people that either can't read or simply need to be punched in the throat.

I am elite plus/GCU and still only show 500 points pending

So I used a gift card when I preordered the game on 4-3-14. That purchase has already changed from pending to Issued. But I still haven't received the bonus. Is this normal? This is my first time with the preorder Certs.

[attachment=5309:image.jpg]

I know ppl are saying stop whining... stop posting about this... but I dont see any bonus like "victory can be preordered" as some ppl do for only 500 pts. Some ppl are waiting for that other 500.

I have only this:

• Purchases                                                         47
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo                 47
I preordered on the day of release in the early morning before stores are opened. I'm going to wait another week. If I still dont see it, im returning it back.

Wish PTS wa my problem lol thing looks like water colors guess I gotta go back with a defective disc. Prolly lose PTS.

"Hey gang,

We're aware that a number of customers who pre-ordered Wolfenstein: The New Order may only have been credited the original pre-order bonus of a $10 certificate (500 points) instead of the correct $20 certificate offer. We're looking into it and hope to have the issue resolved before the points officially post. In the meantime, remember that pre-order bonus certiciates typically do not post until 20 days after an eligible title has been shipped or picked up at one of our retail stores -- you'll want to keep an eye on your account on https://my.bestbuy.com/ for updates.

Thank you for your patience and understanding!"

But clearly nobody should have have brought it up.

all those that post about missing points are worry b/c there is zero indication that a promo cert is link to their transaction.  all those who flame at the ones who didn't get the points, yet got their points posted and spent it. what a load of bs, telling people not to worry, but you, yourself got your points already and 80% of other CAG got theirs too.  People are just worry as the game is not worth paying $60 with the $25 back.  Can we let people voice their concerns with being troll on.

all those that post about missing points are worry b/c there is zero indication that a promo cert is link to their transaction. all those who flame at the ones who didn't get the points, yet got their points posted and spent it. what a load of bs, telling people not to worry, but you, yourself got your points already and 80% of other CAG got theirs too. People are just worry as the game is not worth paying $60 with the $25 back. Can we let people voice their concerns with being troll on.
Except that is not true. I only have 500 points pending and I'm not worried. If day 15 comes and my other 500 aren't added then I'll call or post on the forums. It's pretty simple. There is no reason to panic and act like the world is ending. And if they are truly worried then posting here isn't going to help them.

all those that post about missing points are worry b/c there is zero indication that a promo cert is link to their transaction. all those who flame at the ones who didn't get the points, yet got their points posted and spent it. what a load of bs, telling people not to worry, but you, yourself got your points already and 80% of other CAG got theirs too. People are just worry as the game is not worth paying $60 with the $25 back. Can we let people voice their concerns with being troll on.
I haven't gotten any points and i'm one that's "flaming" apparently. The point is that there is plenty of documentation that Best Buy said they will give $25 so why are people so worried? Also, those of us who have been telling others to calm down appear to be vindicated by the post above yours. Those of us who are telling people to calm down and be patient are not trolling. Those who are complaining and cluttering up Best Buy's customer service two weeks before they're supposed to get their certs are closer to the definition of trolling (although i'm not calling them trolls).

My account says....

Total Points Earned with this transaction 618
Purchases 59
RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 59
Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus 500

Which (as of now) is only a $10 certificate. But there's no reason to get worked up about it until 15 days after purchase.

Except that is not true. I only have 500 points pending and I'm not worried. If day 15 comes and my other 500 aren't added then I'll call or post on the forums. It's pretty simple. There is no reason to panic and act like the world is ending. And if they are truly worried then posting here isn't going to help them.
You fool! Don't you know that once points post to your account, it's the law that it can never be changed or added to. You're screwed. Keep fiddling, Nero!

I know ppl are saying stop whining... stop posting about this... but I dont see any bonus like "victory can be preordered" as some ppl do for only 500 pts. Some ppl are waiting for that other 500.

I have only this:

• Purchases 47
  • RZGC Everyday Bonus Point Promo 47
I preordered on the day of release in the early morning before stores are opened. I'm going to wait another week. If I still dont see it, im returning it back.
You should just return it considering you did not preorder it. Seriously people, ordering a game the day it comes out is not preordering, regardless of the actually store not being open yet. Common sense is nice sometimes.

I didn't see the extra $10 yesterday, but I do today.  I'm sure if people are patient, they'll be getting it soon as well.  (Oh, and I preordered on Sunday.)

• Victory Can Be Preordered Bonus
  • Wolfenstein Preorder Bonus

For what it's worth, I preordered last Friday. My "total points earned" showed no bonus through yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon the 500 "Victory can be preordered bonus" points show and now this morning an additional 500 "Wolfenstein preorder bonus" points are showing. All still pending.

So it's obvious there is no pattern but in the end everyone will get them.

For what it's worth, I preordered last Friday. My "total points earned" showed no bonus through yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon the 500 "Victory can be preordered bonus" points show and now this morning an additional 500 "Wolfenstein preorder bonus" points are showing. All still pending.

So it's obvious there is no pattern but in the end everyone will get them.
Thanks for posting a relevant / non-flaming answer.

bread's done
Back