pre-order  Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY and 20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATES plus other extra' s

S

starmask2k3

Got this email bestbuy saying this

pre-order the Wolfenstein: The New Order at BESTBUY 

PLUS GET $20 IN MY BEST BUY CERTIFICATESLaunch the most daring counter-offensive in history in Wolfenstein: The New Order, a game that puts you up against oversize Nazi robots, hulking Super Soldiers and elite shock troops in intense first-person combat. Break into hidden research facilities and heavily guarded weapons stashes to find out where the Nazi's advanced technology came from, and level the playing field by upgrading your own tools of destruction with what you find. From mountaintop car chases to underwater exploration, Wolfenstein: The New Order cultivates an unbelievably exhilarating adventure with high-octane action and an immersive game narrative, created by a group of seasoned developers at MachineGames and rendered in stunning detail with the id Tech 5 engine. So if you think you have the heart and the daring of a hero, go up against this terrifying Nazi regime and restore history to its rightful place.

Pre-Order now get access to:
MyBestBuy customers get $20 in reward certificatesThe Doom Beta, and the Only @ BestBuy Exclusive Panzerhud miniature

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I preordered last Friday. My "total points earned" showed no bonus through yesterday morning. Yesterday afternoon the 500 "Victory can be preordered bonus" points show and now this morning an additional 500 "Wolfenstein preorder bonus" points are showing. All still pending.

So it's obvious there is no pattern but in the end everyone will get them.
same here, but i already got my first 500 in my account, the other 500 show as pending.

Well what do ya know. My second set of 500 points just posted as pending and I didn't have to call anyone or post on their forums. Now I just sit and wait for my $5 email code.

Well what do ya know. My second set of 500 points just posted as pending and I didn't have to call anyone or post on their forums. Now I just sit and wait for my $5 email code.
Pay no attention to posts like this. ghost1914 and other similar posters are clearly Best Buy imposters here to fool us into thinking they'll actually make good on their word. Best Buy knows that if we drones just sit and wait patiently for the next 15 days, we'll give up or forget about it and they'll win. WAKE UP PEOPLE!

So when I was ringing out the cashier didn't know what she was doing and couldn't figure out how to process the preorder. When she did it kinda looked different on the reciept but I didn't question it until the points didn't show anything about the preorder promotion. I emailed the mybestbuy people and they confirmed she processed it wrong and issued me the thousand points just now. When I go look now the promotion is showing on my purchace for 1000 points plus the 1000 points the mybestbuy people gave me. So now it looks like I'm getting $40 in points. God I love bestbuy.

Pay no attention to posts like this. ghost1914 and other similar posters are clearly Best Buy imposters here to fool us into thinking they'll actually make good on their word. Best Buy knows that if we drones just sit and wait patiently for the next 15 days, we'll give up or forget about it and they'll win. WAKE UP PEOPLE!
I don't really understand why you are even in this thread. The deal is over. Obviously, the only people still posting here would be people who either got their points or didn't. Since you have such unshakeable faith in Best Buy, why do you need to keep reading the posts and making snarky comments? If Best Buy had the spotless track record you seem to be so smugly using in your attempts at humor, nobody would bother making these follow-up posts. Unfortunately, people have been screwed over by Best Buy in the past and they haven't yet worked out a consistent way of handling the timing of the points, so it is off-putting for CAGs who take advantage of their preorder deals.

I don't really understand why you are even in this thread. The deal is over. Obviously, the only people still posting here would be people who either got their points or didn't. Since you have such unshakeable faith in Best Buy, why do you need to keep reading the posts and making snarky comments? If Best Buy had the spotless track record you seem to be so smugly using in your attempts at humor, nobody would bother making these follow-up posts. Unfortunately, people have been screwed over by Best Buy in the past and they haven't yet worked out a consistent way of handling the timing of the points, so it is off-putting for CAGs who take advantage of their preorder deals.
People complaining about Best Buy without giving them the 15 days they state it requires are more off-putting than me making snarky comments. The complaints in this thread are the types of complaints and problems that cause extra workload on customer service departments which eventually results in higher cost or poorer service for customers in general. I don't even work in retail and I consistently see customers going in on purchase situations with the expectation that they will be screwed rather than being patient and giving retailers the benefit of the doubt. Do bad things happen to consumers? Absolutely. But when people jump the gun two weeks early, it's ridiculous. I suspect some of those people complaining in this thread are the same people I stand in line behind at the customer service counter because they've already assumed they will be screwed over and they've already created their own version of what is "fair" instead of what is truly a reasonable expectation of how a company should operate.

Also, if the deal is over, why is anyone in this thread? This thread serves no purpose to those who are complaining and only serves to alarm others who may not have even been concerned in the first place. My purpose for being here (other than to have fun) is to even that out and show people that being patient and not fretting is a reasonable response.

I just checked and the purchase shows as pending but 0 points. Guess I'll wait a few more days but generally if my points are not pending by now I have to end up calling/posting on the forums to get it right.

Since it looks like I'll have the $20 bonus before Watchdogs releases, I'll probably redo my pre-order to get it cheaper off the bat.

People complaining about Best Buy without giving them the 15 days they state it requires are more off-putting than me making snarky comments. The complaints in this thread are the types of complaints and problems that cause extra workload on customer service departments which eventually results in higher cost or poorer service for customers in general. I don't even work in retail and I consistently see customers going in on purchase situations with the expectation that they will be screwed rather than being patient and giving retailers the benefit of the doubt. Do bad things happen to consumers? Absolutely. But when people jump the gun two weeks early, it's ridiculous. I suspect some of those people complaining in this thread are the same people I stand in line behind at the customer service counter because they've already assumed they will be screwed over and they've already created their own version of what is "fair" instead of what is truly a reasonable expectation of how a company should operate.

Also, if the deal is over, why is anyone in this thread? This thread serves no purpose to those who are complaining and only serves to alarm others who may not have even been concerned in the first place. My purpose for being here (other than to have fun) is to even that out and show people that being patient and not fretting is a reasonable response.
The problem with your argument is that the reality is not what Best Buy purports it to be. Honestly, if you don't see your pending points show up when everyone else's do (give or take a day or two) for the most part, they aren't going to magically appear in 15 days. Best Buy could correct this issue by simply changing their systems to show the pending points immediately upon pick-up. Instead they continue to maintain an antiquated system that seems to process these things in batches that still manage to leave some people out. As such, if that means a heavier load on their customer service line, that's the downside to not spending the money to upgrade their tracking system.

Best Buy is not your friend and they don't need you to defend them. The thread does serve a purpose in that people have an idea of when to call Best Buy as like I said, if you don't see your pending points within a couple of days of everyone else, you are likely never going to see them. I agree that people don't need to panic, but they also don't need to waste two weeks waiting for something that isn't going to happen for them. They may also want those points to buy games that are releasing sooner than two weeks from now, so I can't fault people for just wanting the same treatment that other customers who have already received their points have received.

The problem with your argument is that the reality is not what Best Buy purports it to be. Honestly, if you don't see your pending points show up when everyone else's do (give or take a day or two) for the most part, they aren't going to magically appear in 15 days. Best Buy could correct this issue by simply changing their systems to show the pending points immediately upon pick-up. Instead they continue to maintain an antiquated system that seems to process these things in batches that still manage to leave some people out. As such, if that means a heavier load on their customer service line, that's the downside to not spending the money to upgrade their tracking system.

Best Buy is not your friend and they don't need you to defend them. The thread does serve a purpose in that people have an idea of when to call Best Buy as like I said, if you don't see your pending points within a couple of days of everyone else, you are likely never going to see them. I agree that people don't need to panic, but they also don't need to waste two weeks waiting for something that isn't going to happen for them. They may also want those points to buy games that are releasing sooner than two weeks from now, so I can't fault people for just wanting the same treatment that other customers who have already received their points have received.
I'll agree that you make some good arguments and maybe there is some validity to the discussion of missing points. I would still maintain that these issues often work themselves out without people getting worked up over them or working other people up into a frenzy. Therefore, i'll still mostly disagree but certainly respect your point of view. Thanks for presenting it in a mature, coherent fashion.

Most of the people getting their points issued manually will end up getting double points, and then they'll come in here to gloat about it. It happens every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow this thread. I wonder if someone created a separate thread for Watchdogs or is the official BBY preorder thread gonna get flooded with bitching and crying too.

Most of the people getting their points issued manually will end up getting double points, and then they'll come in here to gloat about it. It happens every time.
Don't forget in the past when Best Buy realizes the extra points and if they are spent then the account goes to negative points. I haven't got my points but not worrying about it til after 15 days. Some people in this thread are way too impatient. The purpose of the 15 days is so you can't return the game and get the points. If you try this you'll get negative points.

My Wolfenstein purchase haven't even show up yet but I'm not worried. They usually show up in 7-14 business days. Never had any problem with the preorder reward points. Not saying I'm not going to have none in the future, but if I do, I'm sure going to the BBY forum will solve the problem. Used the BBY forum couple times before, and my problems were solved fast enough.

Do I want the points to show up now or some time before next week? Of course I do, so I can use it toward the pre-order of Watch dogs. If they don't show up in time, I'll just use the points toward some other games. Saying points aren't there just days after the purchase is just being unreasonable.

Still, I wish you all good luck and your points will come thru fine :)

hey guys, i pre-ordered this game and picked it up in the store and did nothing, and now I have 1000 points pending for the order and the $5 e-gift card.

got my 5$ code and the other 500 points popped up just now too so 1000 points pending.

Swear you guys just need patience.

Again, still should wait the 15 days. Mine has now posted 1000 points for my online store pickup. First 500, added another 500 later.

Just wait fools.

Got my $5 we are sorry email as well. I did mail delivery and didn't even expect the figure anyway I am pleased as usual with BB.

They mailed my Watch Dogs yesterday but looks like it went UPS mail solutions again. Stinks as when they just mail stuff direct USPS I got them Mondays instead of Tuesday. Hope they go back to their usual ways but release day to my door is good enough for me.

Got my $5 we are sorry email as well. I did mail delivery and didn't even expect the figure anyway I am pleased as usual with BB.
They mailed my Watch Dogs yesterday but looks like it went UPS mail solutions again. Stinks as when they just mail stuff direct USPS I got them Mondays instead of Tuesday. Hope they go back to their usual ways but release day to my door is good enough for me.
Almost forgot about Watchdogs. I need to last minute preorder it lol. That comes with $10 back? I don't remember.

just got mine also, now what too spend on, wish I would have had it yesterday for the 128GB USB Flash Drive

Not to cry like most people, but I did my pre-order via the best buy phone number....and I don't show anything. The original email didn't even say pre-order just made it look like I was purchasing the game, and was picking it up in 2 days.

Anyone ever pre-ordered via the phone line?

bread's done
Back