Pre-ordered Pokemon Diamond/Pearl for DS? Cancel it and do this.

[quote name='doc005']I think the coupon works for new members.

I'd rather just get it at CC for $27.99 the week it comes out[/QUOTE]

ditto

will probably be canceling my EBGames preorder to do this

I went over and preordered PEARL from CC and got the last pen. They said next sunday i will only owe 17.99 (2799 -10 preorder)

Tried to cancell my Preorder at Best buy buT they said i had to return the pen to get my 5 back. I will just keep the pen and say i blew 5 on it

[quote name='doc005']I think the coupon works for new members.

I'd rather just get it at CC for $27.99 the week it comes out[/quote]

Do you have an advertisement or other source for this $27.99 price at CC? The website says it's $34.99.

[quote name='macktionhero']Do you have an advertisement or other source for this $27.99 price at CC? The website says it's $34.99.[/quote]

the weekly ads by speedy man! don't ya keep up with his greatness?

[quote name='slidecage']I went over and preordered PEARL from CC and got the last pen. They said next sunday i will only owe 17.99 (2799 -10 preorder)

Tried to cancell my Preorder at Best buy buT they said i had to return the pen to get my 5 back. I will just keep the pen and say i blew 5 on it[/quote]

You serious? Great, I preordered both games at BB just for the stylus, there goes 10 bucks...

I don't get it, there's NOTHING on the flyer/reciept that says you have to also return the stylus, they don't even charge you for them, they show up for 0.00 on the reciept.

I was planning on just walking in sometime after 5/22 and getting my refund, without any hassles.

[quote name='tiredfornow']the weekly ads by speedy man! don't ya keep up with his greatness?[/QUOTE]
I saw it. I was looking at target ad

[quote name='macktionhero']Do you have an advertisement or other source for this $27.99 price at CC? The website says it's $34.99.[/quote]

The source that they're referencing is my weekly uber thread for Video Game Deals and DVDs.

I have the Circuit City circular for 4/22/07 - 4/28/07 and Pokemon Diamond / Pearl are listed as on sale for $27.99 each.

[quote name='speedy1961']The source that they're referencing is my weekly uber thread for Video Game Deals and DVDs.

I have the Circuit City circular for 4/22/07 - 4/28/07 and Pokemon Diamond / Pearl are listed as on sale for $27.99 each.[/quote]

Cool, thanks for the heads up! :lol:

Didn't see it because it wasn't stickied ;)

[quote name='macktionhero']Cool, thanks for the heads up! :lol:

Didn't see it because it wasn't stickied ;)[/quote]

Yeah..... my good friends Trakan & Shrike4242 sticky the thread when them deem appropriate.

Look back on Monday to see what Best Buy will have.

I pre-ordered both for 10 total at target, they gave you a gift card so if they don't price-match I'll just use my $10 for anything I want in the store.:applause:

I didn't see the new speedy thread b/c it wasn't stickied, and I also didn't know you could pre-order games at Circuit City.

Either way, if this game sells out everywhere, this option is a tad safer than going to CC on the day of. It's also still the best option financially - no tax and only $0.99 shipping.

So if I go to circuit city to pre-order it tomorrow, it will only cost $27.99 even though the advertisment sale does not start until the 22nd.

[quote name='sarausagi']this game is going to sell like hot cakes, i'd rather just play it safe with my Gamestop preorder.[/quote]Yeah, but they're (noa) is also going to print 'em like hot cakes.

[quote name='Supercake']I don't get it, there's NOTHING on the flyer/reciept that says you have to also return the stylus, they don't even charge you for them, they show up for 0.00 on the reciept. [/quote] But the product isn't an unconditional give-away. It's only given out to customers who put down their $5 for the game.

If the stores just handed them out to anyone out of their own goodwill, then you'd have an argument. But this isn't the case.

the trick with circuit city preorders:

if you are going to preorder at cc you can doulbe up coupons.

if you preorder the 27.99 game with 10$ down, add filller to hit 200 so you can use 40 off 200 then your reciept will show a balance due of $12.4.

when you pick it up you can add more filler to hit 200 and use the 40/200 coupon again, that takes 20% off your balance owed, taking it to 9.90.

total paid 19.90.

the best is with 60 dollar ps3 games. pay 10, use coupon, balance due is 38.

use the coupon again when you pick it up, your balance will be 30.40. total paid: 40.40.

[quote name='bg2001']the trick with circuit city preorders:

if you are going to preorder at cc you can doulbe up coupons.

if you preorder the 27.99 game with 10$ down, add filller to hit 200 so you can use 40 off 200 then your reciept will show a balance due of $12.4.

when you pick it up you can add more filler to hit 200 and use the 40/200 coupon again, that takes 20% off your balance owed, taking it to 9.90.

total paid 19.90.

the best is with 60 dollar ps3 games. pay 10, use coupon, balance due is 38.

use the coupon again when you pick it up, your balance will be 30.40. total paid: 40.40.[/QUOTE]

you are the craziest person alive, i can only see this working for people with no portable systems at all

PSP $170
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl $10 preorder
Filler $20
-$40

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Pick Up $20
DS Lite $130
2 Gig Memory Stick $40
Filler $10

[quote name='guinaevere']Yeah, but they're (noa) is also going to print 'em like hot cakes.

[/QUOTE]

It took me 10 weeks to get a Gameboy Color and four weeks to get Pokemon Silver.

Granted, this WAS during the Pokemon CRAZE, but still...don't ever underestimate pokemon.

WELL what you could do is buy this online, get both games for $70 and then get $30 of filler and use the $15 off of $100 (that is thinking that it will work on preorders.) Then when the ad hits you take it into the store and you get your price matched. Or you could just get a $50 game, Pearl, $15 filler and then you get $15 off. But in all hoensty it just sounds like way too much work for me.

on the best buy recept they list the PREORDER with the pen

its like

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
preorder 5.00

pen 0.00
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

showing they are grouped together.

ALSO why buy it online.... Buy it APRIL 22 for 28 at CC or buy it here and get it WHo knows when.. I would rather pay the extra cash and have the game in had on APRIL 22

[quote name='sarausagi']you are the craziest person alive, i can only see this working for people with no portable systems at all

PSP $170
Pokemon Diamond/Pearl $10 preorder
Filler $20
-$40

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Pick Up $20
DS Lite $130
2 Gig Memory Stick $40
Filler $10
-40[/quote]
actually....you can just pay for the preorder and game itself and use filler to hit 200, then return the filler.

this trick isn't that great with this pokemon pearl, but with expensive games it is awesome. :)

Thanks OP! Ordered Diamond!

[quote name='slidecage']ALSO why buy it online.... Buy it APRIL 22 for 28 at CC or buy it here and get it WHo knows when.. I would rather pay the extra cash and have the game in had on APRIL 22[/quote]
I'm not in a hurry. I'll get it when I get it, and play it when I get it. I suppose if you are like this >>>:bouncy: about pokemon, then you may need it on day one. Also, there are no CC's close to me, so the cost of driving my old car to CC kind of personally breaks the deal for me compared to online. And I'll still get it plenty in time for pokemon battle revolution! :D

[quote name='mcgavin27']in for pokemon diamond. What's the difference between the two?[/QUOTE] Just a few pokemon.

[quote name='killthemall4444']Quick question. If I just bring in the CC ad showing what they're charging for Diamon/Pearl to best buy they have to give it to me for that price right?[/QUOTE]

yep, Wal-Mart also price matches

[quote name='jhaymond1']How only 9?[/quote]

Took out a credit card at amazon or buy.com and got $30 off of my first order. It was actually a little under $9. I might get Pearl this way. Then again I have some credit to burn at EBStop.

Sorry what I said was more of a question then a statement, i made a mistake.

what I mean to say is

So if I go to circuit city to pre-order it tomorrow, will it only cost $27.99 even though the advertisment sale does not start until the 22nd?

[quote name='swetooth9']does CC give out styluses for preorders? if so, i'll just preorder it there[/quote]
Yes they do.

My CC has a little display with tons of preorder stylii. I was an idiot--I didn't see Speedy's thread in time, so I didn't preorder. Now I'll have to drive back and do it this Monday.

Sadly there are no CC's in this whole freakin' state. I had to go with the cduniverse deal. It came out to $26.xx shipped. It's not so bad... only downside is I don't get a stylus... :(

Hm. I wonder if they'll give me the styli and styli holder if I preorder both at Game Crazy. I have no intent of buying them there, but it wouldn't matter if they give me the bonuses now.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Yes they do.

My CC has a little display with tons of preorder stylii. I was an idiot--I didn't see Speedy's thread in time, so I didn't preorder. Now I'll have to drive back and do it this Monday.[/quote]

My CC doesn't preorder, so would I still get the stylus?

[quote name='hoofrog']My CC doesn't preorder, so would I still get the stylus?[/quote]
Hmmm I don't know, but I guess not.

The stylus is in a display promo board, it has its own UPC code and everything. I guess if your CC doesn't preorder, there's no stylus to hand out.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Yes they do.

My CC has a little display with tons of preorder stylii. I was an idiot--I didn't see Speedy's thread in time, so I didn't preorder. Now I'll have to drive back and do it this Monday.[/QUOTE]

OUr CC said the preorder thing ended APRIL 8 (where the pens were giving away) I got the last one but they wasnt very happy when i got it on the 12

so you might have a hard time finding them now

bread's done
Back