*Pre-owned* Dead Rising 2 & Crackdown 2 = $40 each @ Rogers Plus

SuperbadPinoy

CAGiversary!
As the title states, used copies of Dead Rising 2 and Crackdown 2 for 40 dollars a pop @ Rogers Plus.

Saw this at the Granville St. (Vancouver, B.C.) branch. Not sure if these deals are thread-worthy, but I thought they were quite the steal, especially considering that Dead Rising 2 just got released less than two weeks ago.

There were multiple copies of each game left, but of course, YMMV.

Halo: Reach was also selling for the same price as mentioned in another thread, but that sold out like hot cake.

Good luck!

[EDIT!]

The $40 pre-owned Dead Rising 2 copies were available for the PS3 and Xbox 360, both with multiple copies left from the last I saw. Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would actually consider shopping at Rogers again if they started pricing all of their used games reasonably or if they brought back 2 for $40

Was DR2 for PS3? The only way to play co-op in this game is over PSN, no splitscreen, so I'd love to find a second copy at that price.

I believe this is their new thing, used games at $39.99. Not sure if it's "from now on" or what, but it's been like that for about a month.

[quote name='Cthulhu8u']Was DR2 for PS3? The only way to play co-op in this game is over PSN, no splitscreen, so I'd love to find a second copy at that price.[/QUOTE]

Woops, shoulda had that info up in the original post.

Rogers Plus had used copies from both the PS3 and Xbox 360 mate! GL! :D

I refuse to purchase anything from Rogers... They tossed 2 games onto my account when I wasn't looking and are trying to charge me missing fees for games I never rented. Supposedly, I rented Samurai Warriors 2 (PS2) and Mario Tennis (Gamecube) in Summer 2009. Why would I do this when I don't own a Gamecube? They said that they were rented together, so it is highly questionable.

As for their games that they sell... Brand new is either the same price or $5 more than release date prices. Not only that, but 2 months later, they still charge release date prices. Guitar Hero Metallica? They are charging somewhere around $45 for a used copy of it and have been charging that since I first saw the game in their used game bin several months prior.

They are the most pathetic company I can think of right now.

[quote name='Torazo']I refuse to purchase anything from Rogers... They tossed 2 games onto my account when I wasn't looking and are trying to charge me missing fees for games I never rented. Supposedly, I rented Samurai Warriors 2 (PS2) and Mario Tennis (Gamecube) in Summer 2009. Why would I do this when I don't own a Gamecube? They said that they were rented together, so it is highly questionable.

As for their games that they sell... Brand new is either the same price or $5 more than release date prices. Not only that, but 2 months later, they still charge release date prices. Guitar Hero Metallica? They are charging somewhere around $45 for a used copy of it and have been charging that since I first saw the game in their used game bin several months prior.

They are the most pathetic company I can think of right now.[/QUOTE]

First, the problem with the games on your account sounds like the mistake of an individual employee, and not the whole company. You make it sound like it was a conspiracy:
Manager to employee: "We NEED to sell these two old games by the end of the day to hit our income quota!"
Employee to manager: "I've got it! I'm going to "throw" them onto this suckers account "when he isn't looking".

Granted this kind of thing is very frustrating, but if you speak the manager calmly and rationally, it can probably be taken care of (though if anyone other than yourself uses the account, there is nothing you can do).

Secondly, are you complaining about their pricing of games in a thread that is discussing their currently great price on a practically brand new game? Seems a little odd, doesn't it? This thread isn't for complaining, it's for discussing the deal.

Finally, I think I'm going to call the local store and see if they've got any copies of DR2 left, and if not, I'll ask politely for them to convert a rental unit to PV so I can purchase it (this is something they WILL do if the game has not rented out, or if they received too many copies in their shipment).

Finally again (I mean it this time), sorry for the derail.

[quote name='Teddite']Finally again (I mean it this time), sorry for the derail.[/QUOTE]
However, this is a forum for discussion...and you're bringing it back to topic, so its all good.

So $40+tax for used DR2 looks GOOD...but when do you think it will hit even lower like $30 (if even possible)??? :cool:

[quote name='addone']

So $40+tax for used DR2 looks GOOD...but when do you think it will hit even lower like $30 (if even possible)??? :cool:[/QUOTE]

I'd say in another 7 months.

The Rogers near my home (Woodroffe Avenue) has a number of used Halo: Reach games for $49.99. If you are a Rogers Star Member and have 10 points, you can save $10 and get the game for $40.

bread's done
Back