Pre-owned price drops @ gamestop

Alex121006

CAGiversary!
i just checked out the gamestop web site and saw a few price drops on a few older and not so old pre-owned games.......

skyrim, $29.99

final fantasy 13, $9.99

fall out 3, $4.99

alpha protocol, $4.99.

im not sure if they are for both ps3 & 360, but i know that they are all the prices above for PS3.

Also tried FO3 & NV for 360 but both rang normal. The manager is super cool at my GS (does things like price adjustments for sales for me) but neither rang at sale prices. He said a few others didn't ring either (specifically I remember Lost odyssey being one).

Anyway on a positive note he printed me a free shipping coupon to grab the FO's (even offered to xchng if I get generic covers/ or bad looking discs). Honestly he's the only reason I still shop there (and clearance/sales). However BB is making it really hard to buy any new releases anywhere else...

So if the stuff isn't ringing maybe ask for a free shipping coupon?

[quote name='superhippy1986']Is Fall Out a scary game? I'm not into scary or creepy games.[/QUOTE]

No. It's more funny than scarry.

My store was cleared out of Fallout 3 :( I wanted to re live the greatness

The very definition of "fantastic gaming deal" is being able to snag a copy of Fallout 3 for under five bucks. Not only is it my favorite open-world game to explore, it also introduced me to a whole new genre of timeless music. Nothing like going on a midnight kill spree in post-nuclear DC, passing through an abandoned drive-in theater with stars in the sky and "Butcher Pete" kicking a hole in the speaker.

If you haven't already... get this game.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']why not? You gonna rat him out to GS?[/QUOTE]

I think he means you physically can't. The PS3 version doesn't install the data, so you can't put the DLC on your HDD and return the disc.

You can with the 360 version, but I'm guessing he's unaware of that difference.

Am i the only one who thinks fallout 3 is beyond overrated ? If you enjoyed it thats great but my gripes with the game are

.meh graphics
.boring gunplay (vats gets old extremly quick)
.glitches
.lame characters
.beyond horrible voice acting
.Glitches
.Lame story
.bad animations
.glitches (yes i put this three times on purpose lol)

i dunno cuz my copy is still sealed but you are the only one i know who thinks prototype 2 is one of the best games of this year lol

[quote name='strait edge follower']Am i the only one who thinks fallout 3 is beyond overrated ? If you enjoyed it thats great but my gripes with the game are

.meh graphics
.boring gunplay (vats gets old extremly quick)
.glitches
.lame characters
.Glitches
.Lame story
.bad animations
.glitches (yes i put this three times on purpose lol)[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']i dunno cuz my copy is still sealed buy you are the only one i know who thinks prototype 2 is one of the best games of this year lol[/QUOTE]

Yep ! Thats the beauty of gaming, not everyone is going to like the same thing. Oh and prototype 2 indeed kicked ass :)

I agree that Fallout 3 isn't the greatest technical marvel in gaming for most of the reasons you mentioned. In fact, the first I played the game, I did so for about half an hour and never wanted to touch it again. For whatever reason I decided to give it another go, and I'm glad I did.

Fallout 3 is by far the biggest game I've bothered to completely and thoroughly finish, 1500/1500 achievements including DLC. After that, I bought the PS3 version and started all over again.

[quote name='strait edge follower']Am i the only one who thinks fallout 3 is beyond overrated ? If you enjoyed it thats great but my gripes with the game are

.lame characters
.Lame story
[/QUOTE]

TOTALLY agree with these points, two of my favourite games of all time are Fallout 1 and 2. This game was a slap in the face to me. I just pretended it was a different game (Oblivion With Guns!) and had a fair amount of fun though.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Everyone tells me to avoid Alpha Protocol, but at the same time I hear some like it. Are those who like it just a few yet very vocal group or is there actually some merit to the game?[/QUOTE]
I really really loved the game, if you can look past a few bugs, its so much fun.

[quote name='Alex121006']im not sure if you seen my post from a few hours ago, but when i was at gamestop today i bought alpha protocol, but i didn't ring up at $4.99 right of way, it rang up at around $8 and then after a few seconds or even maybe the second time he scaned the game, he said "oh yeah it is $4.99" he mentioned some kind of promo code that came up on the register/computer, so maybe try again in store and maybe even another gamestop, thats if you even want it that bad.[/QUOTE]

Yeah apparently AP on sale is one of the Game Stock promos that only show up when the employee rings the game up in the register to sell it instead of just searching inventory.

[quote name='Buuhan1']I can confirm being online only or YMMV. I went to my local GameStop to get Alpha Protocol for $4.99. Case still was stickered old price. I took it up to the register and he price checked it and there was no change.

I ain't spending no $8 on this game, so yeah.[/QUOTE]

it shouldnt be. i was in gs earlier and the game was stickered at 7.99. rung up at 4.99.

also instore flyer for gamestock shows the game as being on sale for 4.99

so not ymmv

fun fact: i was carded because it's a mature game. im 29...

[quote name='Turbojugend']I agree that Fallout 3 isn't the greatest technical marvel in gaming for most of the reasons you mentioned. In fact, the first I played the game, I did so for about half an hour and never wanted to touch it again. For whatever reason I decided to give it another go, and I'm glad I did.

Fallout 3 is by far the biggest game I've bothered to completely and thoroughly finish, 1500/1500 achievements including DLC. After that, I bought the PS3 version and started all over again.[/QUOTE]

I did the exact same thing except the ps3 part. Didn't get into it, mighta been a time thing. Did the same thing with Mass Effect. I absolutely hated it! picked it up, during a college break and loved it

[quote name='Cocojames333']Can anyone confirm Alpha Protocol in store?[/QUOTE]

Couldn't you just call your local store? Just saying!!

:wall:

[quote name='superhippy1986']Couldn't you just call your local store? Just saying!!

:wall:[/QUOTE]

This topic would have 3 replies if people decided to just call GameStop instead. It's a topic about GameStop so therefore calling would solve 99% of the questions. Not sure why you replied to mine. Don't really care either. In fact why does this topic even exist? Why not just call GameStop every week to see what the sales are?

Does Fallout 3 work in-store? I tried in-store pickup and still shows as $10.

edit: read the rest of the thread, will try tomorrow after class.

[quote name='Cocojames333']This topic would have 3 replies if people decided to just call GameStop instead. It's a topic about GameStop so therefore calling would solve 99% of the questions. Not sure why you replied to mine. Don't really care either. In fact why does this topic even exist? Why not just call GameStop every week to see what the sales are?[/QUOTE]

Cheapy should just shut this place down. We can just call stores to find deals. The internet is so last year. Talking to a doofus over the phone is where it's at.

[quote name='MrBeatdown']Cheapy should just shut this place down. We can just call stores to find deals. The internet is so last year. Talking to a doofus over the phone is where it's at.[/QUOTE]

:lol:

[quote name='Reraise']Also inversion $39.99, spec ops is 20% off too. At least in my store[/QUOTE]

Inversion is one of those game destined to be a $20 or less special in a few months or probably a @Gamer $10 coupon deal this fall. I say that based on both the reviews and sales - it's the Brink of 2012.

[quote name='frogkopf']Inversion is one of those game destined to be a $20 or less special in a few months or probably a @Gamer $10 coupon deal this fall. I say that based on both the reviews and sales - it's the Brink of 2012.[/QUOTE]

It was actually a Best Buy DOTD for $20 a few days after it released.

Didn't see this price drop noted here or in the other GS Gamestock thread. ICO/Shadow of the Colossus is $18.99/$19.99. I know Amazon has had this for $20 for a while now, but if you have some GS credit it's a pretty sweet deal. Couple this with a $5 or $10 of PUR coupon and that's a really nice deal.

Also, it is both in-store and on-line.

[quote name='KtMack23']Does anyone find fallout 3 really difficult? I couldn't get into it cause I was always dying[/QUOTE]

You can actually change the difficulty, as many people do.

[quote name='Multibeaster79']Didn't see this price drop noted here or in the other GS Gamestock thread. ICO/Shadow of the Colossus is $18.99/$19.99. I know Amazon has had this for $20 for a while now, but if you have some GS credit it's a pretty sweet deal. Couple this with a $5 or $10 of PUR coupon and that's a really nice deal.

Also, it is both in-store and on-line.[/QUOTE]

$19.99 is the new retail price for that set.

[quote name='Dark Rider']You can actually change the difficulty, as many people do.[/QUOTE]

I had it set as low as possible and was still constantly dying. I didn't have this problem in Oblivion or Skyrim so I don't know why I'd be so bad at fallout.

[quote name='KtMack23']I had it set as low as possible and was still constantly dying. I didn't have this problem in Oblivion or Skyrim so I don't know why I'd be so bad at fallout.[/QUOTE]

In Fallout 3, I know that the aiming/normal shooting was a bit more erratic then just using VATs constantly. I had trouble at first, but it's really a matter of finding your play style. If you want to do melee instead(so it's closer to oblivion/skyrim) just make a more stealthy type of guy and sneak up on them.

I know I'm in the minority, but despite the glitches, I actually like NV better just because I feel like the basic, non-VATS shooting is much improved and the world is more interesting. Yeah, I saw some crazy glitches, but I've seen those in every huge open world game since GTA 3.

[quote name='KtMack23']I had it set as low as possible and was still constantly dying. I didn't have this problem in Oblivion or Skyrim so I don't know why I'd be so bad at fallout.[/QUOTE]

It might have been where you were headed that had stronger enemies. I remember I started exploring right off the back and ran into some fire ants that were owning me. Eventually I went back and stuck to the story for a bit to level up and get better armor and weapons. After awhile I started owning everything in site. Try playing on easy and stick to areas where you know you can beat the enemies without too much of a problems just to get started and you should be fine.

[quote name='Manifest95']It might have been where you were headed that had stronger enemies. I remember I started exploring right off the back and ran into some fire ants that were owning me. Eventually I went back and stuck to the story for a bit to level up and get better armor and weapons. After awhile I started owning everything in site. Try playing on easy and stick to areas where you know you can beat the enemies without too much of a problems just to get started and you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Nah man, Fire Ants are the hardest things in the game if you ask me, especially when they swarm!

Super Mutants and even the gargantuan Super Mutants, were NOTHING compared to those things.

[quote name='Manifest95']It might have been where you were headed that had stronger enemies. I remember I started exploring right off the back and ran into some fire ants that were owning me. Eventually I went back and stuck to the story for a bit to level up and get better armor and weapons. After awhile I started owning everything in site. Try playing on easy and stick to areas where you know you can beat the enemies without too much of a problems just to get started and you should be fine.[/QUOTE]

Well my problem now is I only have 1 save and I'm at a point where I can't back to saftey at all without dying, so I pretty much have to start over the entire game. Granted it would only take maybe five hours to get back to where I am, but I didn't enjoy it that much to begin with so I don't know why I'd bother to replay stuff I didn't even like.

[quote name='KtMack23']Does anyone find fallout 3 really difficult? I couldn't get into it cause I was always dying[/QUOTE]

I had the same problem with dying a lot at first. Once you level up and get the perks you want, your character becomes a total juggernaut. But it takes time. And yeah, you gotta avoid accidentally wandering into the tougher areas on the map. (Protip: Creepy abandoned subway tunnels = not a good idea).

Honestly, I wouldn't have made it through Fallout 3 without V.A.T.S. I usually don't touch FPS games (I may be the only person on the planet who still hasn't played a Modern Warfare or Battlefield game), but V.A.T.S. made it easy for me to forget about the FPS aspect and focus on the RPG elements that I really enjoy.

[quote name='Turbojugend']I had the same problem with dying a lot at first. Once you level up and get the perks you want, your character becomes a total juggernaut. But it takes time. And yeah, you gotta avoid accidentally wandering into the tougher areas on the map. (Protip: Creepy abandoned subway tunnels = not a good idea).

Honestly, I wouldn't have made it through Fallout 3 without V.A.T.S. I usually don't touch FPS games (I may be the only person on the planet who still hasn't played a Modern Warfare or Battlefield game), but V.A.T.S. made it easy for me to forget about the FPS aspect and focus on the RPG elements that I really enjoy.[/QUOTE]

I'm with you, I prefer RPGs barnone. I haven't played Fallout(either) in a while, I think I'm gonna try to make a total powerhouse melee guy now, I never did that in either one...

I forgot to thank the OP in my post before, which was the whole reason of coming here!

So Thanks OP! I've been looking for a good deal on Final Fantasy XIII since I picked up XIII-2 a while back with the Best Buy coupon a few months ago.

[quote name='argyle']$19.99 is the new retail price for that set.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I wasn't sure because it showed "on sale" on their website. Either way I'm just glad to have just got back with it.

Separately... Some little mindless fucker charged me a refurb fee without even telling me about it when I was trading in a copy of Halo Reach... Just blasted his ass in a survey and contacted corp. Honestly, I've had them try to charge a refurb fee before (I always just ask for the disc back), but I've never had a GS associate just tack it on without saying anything...:shame:

Also, I can confirm FO3 and FO:NV are both ringing correctly today (they definitely didn't yesterday afternoon). So $4.99 and $9.99 with the DLC trick is a pretty sweet deal. Looking forward to going back through these.

My store had a big display by the register for this sale. It wouldn't stack with my PUR coupons, the girl tried ringing it out three different ways and it would never apply.
I only got Final Fantasy XIII because all their copies of Lost Oddest were in terrible condition and I knew the lady at the counter wouldn't sell me Alpha Portocal, most of their employees will let it slide since I'm only two months under age, but this chick is by the book.

i couldn't get into fo3 because i felt it relied too much on vats for the gunplay. i found myself missing the broadside of a barn when not using vats
also scared to try new vegas because of this. i have the GoD but shutter at the thought of the vats. i've head the aiming has improved though.

also forgot to mention that i tried using some coupon code (20% off birthday promo)
and also a 10% off from losing the gamestock instant win

they didn't work for me, the bday one may be expired and the gamestock one was not valid yet

but associate said coupons/code should work with the gamestock deals

[quote name='violentfox']i couldn't get into fo3 because i felt it relied too much on vats for the gunplay. i found myself missing the broadside of a barn when not using vats
also scared to try new vegas because of this. i have the GoD but shutter at the thought of the vats. i've head the aiming has improved though.

also forgot to mention that i tried using some coupon code (20% off birthday promo)
and also a 10% off from losing the gamestock instant win

they didn't work for me, the bday one may be expired and the gamestock one was not valid yet

but associate said coupons/code should work with the gamestock deals[/QUOTE]

I dunno, when it's a real sale price, like one that rings up at the register as opposed to just being stickered, usually they're sticklers and don't let shit go through. At least that's how it was when I worked there.

As for FO, I said earlier, 3, I felt like you couldn't shoot well outside of VATS so you ended up running around in circles waiting for it to reload unless you had a really great scope or something on a gun. NV though, it really refocused the gun work so it was a bit more like a FPS and you felt like you could shoot at least if you were looking at the enemy.

Like I said, glitches aside, I loved NV, the game world is more vibrant and there's a ton of stuff to do that includes NPCs and the gunplay is better. A fully realized post apocalypse DC is great, don't get me wrong, but the Vegas area actually felt alive with people all over the place, and you could speak to both sides of the civil war, and occassionally raiders, which was something I didn't like in 3.

Hopefully when they put out the next one, they'll let you interact at least with the leaders of any "Smart" creature to try to make deals and stuff to get out of combat, and in general, just make the combat smarter.

I was going to let everyone know the PUR coupons don't stack, but it seems like you have all got that figured out. Got Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas for $14~.

Visiting family in Arkansas, grabbed Alpha for $5.40. They had one copy of Fallout 3 but without the artwork, so I passed. I'm sure my Oklahoma stores have them in stock still. Though I did find out my pur expired yesterday. The guy was a dick to me after I said no to the "protection plan" so when he asked about renewing I said "that's alright, I'm signed up at bestbuy". Kind of funny.

bread's done
Back