Pre-owned price drops @ gamestop

Alex121006

CAGiversary!
i just checked out the gamestop web site and saw a few price drops on a few older and not so old pre-owned games.......

skyrim, $29.99

final fantasy 13, $9.99

fall out 3, $4.99

alpha protocol, $4.99.

im not sure if they are for both ps3 & 360, but i know that they are all the prices above for PS3.

I need to get Alpha Protocol to up my completion percentage, hopefully it will stay that price up in to the weekend here.

I also wouldn't mind getting FO: NV but I don't need to start anymore games right now and I hope to score a version with all DLC included.

[quote name='cheapwinsxxx']Got my copy of Skyrim with the original case and all the content inside[/QUOTE]

Never really paid attention to the game, but I might pick it up this week. What is the "content" other than manual?

[quote name='dennisb407']Never really paid attention to the game, but I might pick it up this week. What is the "content" other than manual?[/QUOTE]

A map.

I think next time I'm in my local GS I'm going to see if any of their Skyrims have a map... and I might see if I can take it. I want one to hang on my wall haha.

Great prices for AP and Fallout 3. AP is a pretty short game, I think you can get through it in 8 hrs? Its a decent espionage-RPG-action game. Tempted by Fallout 3's price

stealing fantasy rpg maps doesn't make u "tuff."

[quote name='tuffguycore']I think next time I'm in my local GS I'm going to see if any of their Skyrims have a map... and I might see if I can take it. I want one to hang on my wall haha.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='technicalstylez']stealing fantasy rpg maps doesn't make u "tuff."[/QUOTE]

Ha, I know. It was a joke. Typing "u" also doesn't make a good point.

[quote name='Buuhan1']Everyone tells me to avoid Alpha Protocol, but at the same time I hear some like it. Are those who like it just a few yet very vocal group or is there actually some merit to the game?[/QUOTE]

It actually is a really good game. The issue is that it is a mission based RPG/Adventure game and is very different that something like Mass Effect or Dragon Age. A lot of people (myself included) were expecting a Mass Effect style modern day Spy game, which it is not. I didn't care for the first mission, but after that it got really interesting.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']Figures, right after I go to Gamestop yesterday. Gamestop decides to drop the price on Alpha Protocol. Oh well, least I didn't buy it then.[/QUOTE]

If a price changes on something less than seven days after you buy it, you can go back into the store and get the price difference.

[quote name='weeman43302']I was going to let everyone know the PUR coupons don't stack, but it seems like you have all got that figured out. Got Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas for $14~.[/QUOTE]

I'm on the phone with GS right now over this, as the coupons themselves say "Cannot be combined with any other offer" but no screen leading up to actually printing the coupon, aside from the "Print Coupon" page, says this. So, by the time you are informed that this coupon will not work with any other offers, you already purchased it.

And that's pretty shitty, especially when this is an earned incentive for doing business with them. It should be applicable to any price/deal/etc, and virtually restriction-free. But, even if the restrictions are in place, they need to say so BEFORE you "buy" it.

I'll update with any progress. I'm on hold now while the rep, who sees exactly what I'm talking about, checks with the "supervisor" for a solution.

UPDATE: And, as expected, they will refund the points, but only once the coupon(s) expire. But they did acknowledge that it is definitely something that needs corrected.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'm on the phone with GS right now over this, as the coupons themselves say "Cannot be combined with any other offer" but no screen leading up to actually printing the coupon, aside from the "Print Coupon" page, says this. So, by the time you are informed that this coupon will not work with any other offers, you already purchased it.

And that's pretty shitty, especially when this is an earned incentive for doing business with them. It should be applicable to any price/deal/etc, and virtually restriction-free. But, even if the restrictions are in place, they need to say so BEFORE you "buy" it.

I'll update with any progress. I'm on hold now while the rep, who sees exactly what I'm talking about, checks with the "supervisor" for a solution.

UPDATE: And, as expected, they will refund the points, but only once the coupon(s) expire. But they did acknowledge that it is definitely something that needs corrected.[/QUOTE]

It's good that they are acknowledging that there is a problem with it, but I'm not too worried about the coupon. I'll find something else to use it on.

bread's done
Back