Pre-owned Steel Battalion for ~$79 after GV at EBGames.com

davelin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I am not sure if this deserves its own thread, so if not, please lock it. I was browsing the EB web site and found that Steel Battalion (Xbox) preplayed is in stock. I believe there are about 4 or 5 left. The price tag is for $139.99, but after CAG16 and Edge card discount, it's down to $103.59. However, the gift voucher that's currently going on as part of EB's spring sale gives you $25 back with $100 purchase. So this will qualify. Essentially you can get this for ~$79. I've seen Ebay's Steel Battalion goes for $80+, sometimes $100+. And that's before shipping is added, which is usually $25 or so from what I've seen. But you can use SAVER for free shipping from EB. I think that's actually a decent deal. I've been wanting to try this one, but the price has just been too much. But at $79, I can't resist and I just put in an order. If I don't like it, I am pretty sure I can get most of this money back from Ebay.

Link:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/227920.asp

Gift Voucher link:
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/ads/rebates/50105-spring_05.asp

Grr...if only I had the sticker on the back of my EB Edge card...I might have to make a stop tomorrow at EB...

But thanks for the post! I am really looking forward to getting this game. Are the controllers usually in good condition?

just pointing this out, it might still work, but the rebate says:

May not be combined with any other offer or discount.

Yeah, I thought about it, but it also says:

"EB Edge discount and tax may not be included in $100 purchase amount...."

So that leads me to believe as long as your after coupon amount is more than $100, it should work. Otherwise, they would say "can not be used in conjunction with the EB Edge discount" or something like that.

No it'll work. My local store had a preplayed copy in stock and I almost bought it, manager agreed that it would qualify for this deal.

Oh jesus oh jesus oh jesus. I don't even have an Xbox, but this game is the only reason I ever wanted one. Arrrrrg. $80...ack. I'm probably just going to end up paying $300+ for it on Ebay in a couple of years, cause I'm too stupid to buy it now.

I just gotta say that this is arguably the most creative use of stacking deals... especially in light of the item. I'd be all over this if I ever had any inclination to play it.

For everyone seriously looking at this, realize you're going to have to pay about $115 up front to pick this up. Then they throw in a $25 online-only voucher, so ~$90. But I guess getting Steel Battalion for less than a hundred dollars is a decent deal.

I only wish that I could afford it even at that price...

EDIT: I don't mean to rain on the parade, I just realized it was more expensive than I can really afford. Thanks for the great deal-stacking davelin.

Here's my math:
(Regular Price, Pre-Owned $139.99 - $36.40 Discount from CAG16 & Edge Card= $103.59 x 8% Sales Tax = $111.88 and then recieve a $25 Ebgames.com voucher. $111.88 - 25 = $86.88)

Before you buy this, realize the size of the controller. It's not quite as long as 3 Xboxes stacked next to each other. I bought this game, then had to go buy a table to hold the controller.

Wow, I have been waiting for a deal on this since the day it came out. I ordered it as soon as I finished reading. Now to hope for good condition. (crosses fingers)

Thanks for the great deal!!

BTW mine came out to $115 shipped. So $90 after the $25 off GV.

I'm still waiting for some place to throw their SB on clearance. I'm eyeing Virgin Records but they still sell it for $199.99(!?) and stuff like the psone system for $149.99.

Nice deal, I doubt you'll be able to get it any cheaper than it is now (it's right in-between those "still high demand from it's release" and "old enough to be a collector's item" stages). Hell, I'm almost tempted to pick up another copy myself, mainly just so that I have a backup in case anything happens to my main one.

Oh, and for those interested, it is possible to hook this up to your computer through an Xbox-to-PC controller adaptor and using a user-made driver for it. Although I'm not sure if they worked out a few kinks with it like not being able to use the footpedals or gear shift, but hey, at least you have the option. I'd like to see how a game like Mechwarrior or the BFRs in Planetside would handle with that thing :D

bread's done
Back