Predator and Commando Blu-ray Sale at Amazon!

can anyone comment on the [supposedly] terrible quality of Predator? Commando?

i dont have the dvd versions and wanted to get them for quite some time. so should i? is it really grainy?

i have a ps3 connected to a JVC GENESSA LT-37X688

I haven't seen either of these on BR but from what I've heard they are very poor quality. Better than DVD but nowhere near reference quality.

I'm sure Predator will get a re-release in the future. This is probably it for Commando though.

i would also like to comment that tower.com has both of these for 1$ cheaper each. also free shipping over 25$ and they dont charge tax to NY like amazon does...

tower.com it is ;)

[quote name='postulio']i would also like to comment that tower.com has both of these for 1$ cheaper each. also free shipping over 25$ and they dont charge tax to NY like amazon does...

tower.com it is ;)[/quote]

Nice find! I've actually been checking them to see if/when they would drop (seems like they always go about a $1 lower than Amazon - which is great, I've been buying so much from them lately), but it looks like they just dropped! Awesome.

I have rented the Commando BD before, and although the picture quality wasn't exactly top tier, I was still very pleased with it. Given I haven't seen the movie before, so I didn't know how it looked on regular DVD. I have not seen the Predator BD, but from what I've read, the picture quality on the BD is about as good as Predator will ever look, due to how it was filmed.

why cant they have a triple threat deal and do something with a 3 in 1 set and put the original terminator, the only good arnold movies he has done. unless you guys are jingle all the way fans? lol. jk.

Predator is a great deal for that price.

Commando I'd pass on even for $15, as the Commando Blu-ray is the R-rated theatrical cut. There is an unrated director's cut of Commando that is more intense, so there will definitely be a better release of Commando down the line. I wouldn't be surprised if it was soon, too, since the unrated cut of Commando was recently released on regular DVD.

bread's done
Back