Preorder Art of Yasushi Suzuki (aka Ikaruga artist) for $10 @ Overstock

Oh HELL yes.

Thank you op. Apparently I had a $5 coupon from a screw-up on their part from long long ago, so I got it for under 5 shipped, which beats out paying the $15 or so I was planning on spending when it arrived on buy.com.

Thank you!!

I clicked the sample pages, i have to say, the artwork is not that great... i don't even know what games the pics were from.

[quote name='Serpentor']I clicked the sample pages, i have to say, the artwork is not that great... i don't even know what games the pics were from.[/QUOTE]

Well we certainly appreciate you confirming your lack of taste in this thread. I'll just add it to the tally.

[quote name='Strell']Well we certainly appreciate you confirming your lack of taste in this thread. I'll just add it to the tally.[/quote]

what tally? you're keeping a tab on me or something? i'm sorry, i like to express my opinions freely. If i step on someone's toes, please accept my apologies, afterall, it's in writing, it's natural to misunderstand true intentions.

Yes, you might say i lack taste in this thread (i'm not offended, it's the truth and i'm not ashamed). Just to clearify, i love game arts, i'm not much of an artist, but i can draw, yes, better than most people... I'm not going to argue about art tastes, that's really up to the individuals. Am i defending myself alittle here? Well, yeah...

[quote name='v0yce']Thanks OP!

Off topic...does anyone know what's the latest on the manga he's supposed to be doing?[/QUOTE]

Kabuki Purgatory (or maybe Purgatory Kabuki). I'll be picking it up.

When it scheduled to be released?

And I know its supposed to be in English, but will it be released in the states?

bumping this (it should be moved though)
wondering if there might have been a publisher delay
or if anyone has seen it in stores?

[quote name='letsgetacid']I got an email a week ago, saying the release was delayed till 7/3/07. It should be here any day however......[/QUOTE]

I got the email as well.

Just to let those know, I got my book in the mail today.

I'm really pleased. Its obviously softback but it has a thick clear dust cover thing with some additional printing on it that makes a nice layered effect with the cover.

Its about 75 pages full of prints with everything from full page images to small thumb size character and ship designs. And the quality of the prints is really nice.

Absolute bargain for those that got in on the deal.

Got mine as well - some amazing illustration work. There's a ton of pieces in there that aren't from games which I thought was a nice change of pace.

I actually forgot I ordered it and got a few other books in the mail along with this. It's videogame ilustration madness!

what else has he done besides ikaruga?

the only character designer i know of is Yoji Shinkawa from the mgs series. but i did like that second sample image they have up on amazon from his book.

[quote name='triforcer']what else has he done besides ikaruga?

the only character designer i know of is Yoji Shinkawa from the mgs series. but i did like that second sample image they have up on amazon from his book.[/QUOTE]

Suzuki does a lot of Treasure stuff, so he handled Sin and Punishment on the N64 for example.

Yoji Shinkawa is awesome in every possible sense of the word. I have his MGS artbook and it is beautiful.

[quote name='triforcer']what else has he done besides ikaruga?

the only character designer i know of is Yoji Shinkawa from the mgs series. but i did like that second sample image they have up on amazon from his book.[/QUOTE]

Strangely enough, there were two ZOE: 2nd Runner pieces in there. Which was a very pleasant surprsie.

I also recieved mine, but unfortunately the mail carrier decided to fold the package at the book spine and cram it into the mailbox.

what else has he done besides ikaruga?

sin & punishment
ikaruga
some duel masters
zone of the enders 2

this book is quite beautiful.. that's alot OP ^_^

[quote name='kitlink']I also recieved mine, but unfortunatle the mail carrier decided to fold the package at the book spine and cram it into the mailbox.[/quote]

oh god... that is absolutely horrible.

bread's done
Back