Preorder Eternal Sonata, Get free faceplate

got my copy today and the last faceplate. but i got the worst one of them all. the one with the two girls who i have no clue who they even are.

I was hoping my tru would have them to utilize the b2g1 but they didnt. i got 2 fillers since i only really wanted Heavonly Sword and ES.

So I pre-ordered this at a store in Redwood City, CA, back in June, paid in full. Then I pre-ordered this past thursday at a store in Houston TX (since I am travelling for work at a moment's notice.

The store in Redwood City is saying it's an online only deal. While the store in Houston had more than enough and even gave me 2 Chopin plates.

Thanks Gamestop, thanks a lot.

[quote name='Haeon']So I pre-ordered this at a store in Redwood City, CA, back in June, paid in full. Then I pre-ordered this past thursday at a store in Houston TX (since I am travelling for work at a moment's notice.

The store in Redwood City is saying it's an online only deal. While the store in Houston had more than enough and even gave me 2 Chopin plates.

Thanks Gamestop, thanks a lot.[/quote]

Lucky! I should've tried a different store in Houston. Oh well.

[quote name='greydt']I hoped the same, but me + pre-order Eternal Sonata at local Gamestop = no faceplate. I ended up cancelling the order.

Not in a rush and can either pick up the game elsewhere without our high tax, or just wait for the price to get lower.

This was my first in-store Gamestop pre-order, and my Halo 3 pick-up next week will be my last.[/quote]Ended up picking up ES, and they had my faceplate put aside..... Salsa / March. :whistle2:s

They had one other faceplate, which was Allegretto, which I picked up. No spares, unforunately, though the Salsa / March one was tossed into the drawer under the counter.

Apparently the guy who came in around noon picked up the Chopin one. :wall: :bomb:

Well I won't be back in Redwood for about 3 months, so hopefully my credit won't just disappear in to the ether. I'm trying to see if I can get a hold of the DM about it.

As for the houston location, I went to the one on the cross-street of shepard and westheimer. It appears to be a new store. I'll be going to them while I'm stuck working out here.

HAHA, I just got off the phone with the Redwood City store, they skipped over the box with them inside.

HAAAAAAAAY YOUUUUUUUUUUU GUUUUUUUUUUYS.

Picked up an Allegretto in Temecula today, and I had a pretty solid selection at 6:30pm. I left behind a Polka, Beat, and the two girls, no Chopin's visible.

I went in at 1:30 p.m. at Fenton, MO Gamestop and got Chopin. They had two each of the other four left. I think one of the employees set aside the other Chopin for himself.

[quote name='Eltis']I can back this claim. Some friends of mine from our local GameCrazy told me that they were getting the preorder faceplates as well (this was about a month ago when this conversation transpired).

Basically, I was telling them about how I couldn't wait for ES and they said I should preorder it. And I said, I already did - with Gamestop because they give the faceplate. And that's when they told me they had that promo too. I was surprised as well since even on Namco's ES website it says that the faceplate is an EB/GS exclusive.

I don't know if they actually got them in since I haven't been there in a while, but they all seemed pretty certain at the time.[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know if anyone was able to pick up a faceplate at a Game Crazy. I'm pretty pissed that mine didn't get them in. If they weren't really part of the deal, they shouldn't have advertised it. Not sure if it was some sort of miscommunication between GC and Namco, but I don't care whose fault it was, I just want the faceplate I was promised!

[quote name='Link927']You know, I wonder how limited these faceplates are. Usually GS.com will still offer the preorder item after the game comes out for at least a few days, yet they've pulled the offer right as the game came out.[/quote]

i read that they made 5000 total (not sure if it's 5k for each character or for all of them) so it's fairly limited. i guess they didn't think it would be a big seller or something.

i preordered from EB's site months ago so i'll see if i get a faceplate. but all my preorders from their site always guaranteed me their preorder bonuses. they never failed me. no offense to any GS/EB employees here but i dont trust them enough to get my preorder bonuses so i never preorder from my local B&M stores when it comes to limited items like these.

Scorch could clarify but back in August GC stores thought they were going to get the faceplates, it was even on their official upcoming promo list which I got to see. Thankfully I pre-ordered at Gamestop since I had bought so many games at Game Crazy recently I wanted to spread the love, especially since I work next door to Gamestop.

Something happened between August and now though and it looks like the faceplates are Gamestop exclusive. I read a previous post in this thread by a GC worker (not Scorch) who said you can get 10% off the game if you pre-ordered since they didn't get the faceplates.

[quote name='LiK']i read that they made 5000 total (not sure if it's 5k for each character or for all of them) so it's fairly limited. i guess they didn't think it would be a big seller or something.

i preordered from EB's site months ago so i'll see if i get a faceplate. but all my preorders from their site always guaranteed me their preorder bonuses. they never failed me. no offense to any GS/EB employees here but i dont trust them enough to get my preorder bonuses so i never preorder from my local B&M stores when it comes to limited items like these.[/QUOTE]

I do the same. I checked with all three GS in my area and all said they did not get any in.

hmm, i just checked my order status on EB and the game was shipped but the faceplate is on "backorder". this worries me a lot. if i dont get the faceplate, i'm gonna return the game since i'll be refunded for shipping and tax. i'd rather get the game from amazon without tax and shipping.

anyone else got the same backordered faceplate status in their online order?

edit: i just emailed GS about it, i hope i get an answer about this soon.

As an aside to the faceplate debacle, I just wanted to say that my wife and I absolutely love this game. The battles can be played in coop and the battle system is simply amazing and terrific fun. We played for over four hours straight last night. That probably sounds like amateurville to you "hardcore" players, but for us it's quite uncommon to get hooked on a game for so long on a work day.

This game is now a prime candidate to be our coop game of the year.

[quote name='Eltis']As an aside to the faceplate debacle, I just wanted to say that my wife and I absolutely love this game. The battles can be played in coop and the battle system is simply amazing and terrific fun. We played for over four hours straight last night. That probably sounds like amateurville to you "hardcore" players, but for us it's quite uncommon to get hooked on a game for so long on a work day.

This game is now a prime candidate to be our coop game of the year.[/quote]

No way! this game is co-op lol how does that work. I didn't even realize it was co-op.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Scorch could clarify but back in August GC stores thought they were going to get the faceplates, it was even on their official upcoming promo list which I got to see. Thankfully I pre-ordered at Gamestop since I had bought so many games at Game Crazy recently I wanted to spread the love, especially since I work next door to Gamestop.

Something happened between August and now though and it looks like the faceplates are Gamestop exclusive. I read a previous post in this thread by a GC worker (not Scorch) who said you can get 10% off the game if you pre-ordered since they didn't get the faceplates.[/QUOTE]

Not sure if Scorch is reading this thread and has any further knowledge, but supposedly my local manager checked with corporate and said there was some sort of shipping issue / delay with the faceplates that were going to GC.

So, I don't know whether I completely believe it, but he said that pre-order customers would still be getting the faceplates ...eventually. Hope this is true.

oh.. and I went back through the thread and couldn't seem to find that post you were referring to with the 10% off.

I wonder if these face plates will ever become collectors items... in the sense that, if only 5000 were made (per character or total, i dunno...) that would make it rather rare, i would imagine, down the road.

[quote name='Number83']UPS just dropped off my preorder and faceplate. I think I got Chopin. I don't know who's who. :oops:[/quote]

hmm, so i guess they were able to ship yours out. i'm so annoyed that mine may not be shipped with the game. i preordered the day the bonuses were listed on the site...

Probably irrelevant, but maybe the fact that Canada actually got some faceplates might have had something to do with the backorder? Heck, on the Eternal Sonata community page we were told only the Polka faceplate would make it up here. Pretty much every faceplate was at an EB here though. (depending on preorders) Something isn't right heh.

[quote name='mrelusive']Probably irrelevant, but maybe the fact that Canada actually got some faceplates might have had something to do with the backorder? Heck, on the Eternal Sonata community page we were told only the Polka faceplate would make it up here. Pretty much every faceplate was at an EB here though. (depending on preorders) Something isn't right heh.[/quote]

makes me wonder why people bothered preordering if they couldn't guarantee one when they had it listed on the site. you'd think that would give them an idea of how much to manufacture before the release.

[quote name='reicaden']I wonder if these face plates will ever become collectors items... in the sense that, if only 5000 were made (per character or total, i dunno...) that would make it rather rare, i would imagine, down the road.[/QUOTE]

Im wondering, is this number official? I see it all over ebay and such, but I havent seen an official release of this number. Either way, it sounds somewhat unreasonable for only 5k total, I could see 5k of each character, but then there shouldnt be this "shortage". They should have numbered these things or something if they were really limited ;)

[quote name='Link927']Im wondering, is this number official? I see it all over ebay and such, but I havent seen an official release of this number. Either way, it sounds somewhat unreasonable for only 5k total, I could see 5k of each character, but then there shouldnt be this "shortage". They should have numbered these things or something if they were really limited ;)[/quote]

i know, i'm not sure where the info was from. if play-asia listed it, they would let us know how many were made unlike GS/EB who seems to know nothing of their own preorder bonuses.

[quote name='MagusZ']No way! this game is co-op lol how does that work. I didn't even realize it was co-op.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it works similar to the "Tales of..." games if you've ever played any of those (for example, Tales of Symphonia on the GameCube).

Basically, you have the option to set any of the characters to be controlled by a specific controller in battle (up to 3 player coop). You do this through the options menu (it's hard to see at first glance, but there is a second page of options if you hit one of the trigger buttons). The other controller needs to be on for it to allow you to select it.

Of course, there is only one main person controlling general navigation/explortion in the overworld, but the game is so beautiful and fast paced (for an RPG) that it shouldn't be an issue except for the most impatient of gamers.

The meat of the game is in the battles, which are 100% interactive (moving, attacking, blocking) so it is fantastic fun.

As a side note, this is the ideal couples game. If anyone was thinking of trying to break their significant other in to playing with them, this would be a good choice to start. My wife adores the cutesy-ness of the characters and she doesn't do half bad at kicking butt in battle either.

[quote name='LiK']hmm, so i guess they were able to ship yours out. i'm so annoyed that mine may not be shipped with the game. i preordered the day the bonuses were listed on the site...[/quote]

FWIW, Anytime my pre-order bonuses were back ordered, they usually shipped within a day or two after release...except for SMT: DDS 2 soundtrack. :bomb:

Well my game and faceplate arrived today. (that was fast for value shipping) I got the Polka one, so anyone who got Allegretto who wants to trade for Polka, pm me.

[quote name='Number83']FWIW, Anytime my pre-order bonuses were back ordered, they usually shipped within a day or two after release...except for SMT: DDS 2 soundtrack. :bomb:[/quote]

that gives me hope, i'll wait a week and see what happens.

[quote name='awp']Not sure if Scorch is reading this thread and has any further knowledge, but supposedly my local manager checked with corporate and said there was some sort of shipping issue / delay with the faceplates that were going to GC.

So, I don't know whether I completely believe it, but he said that pre-order customers would still be getting the faceplates ...eventually. Hope this is true.

oh.. and I went back through the thread and couldn't seem to find that post you were referring to with the 10% off.[/quote]

Sorry it was in a different thread. Spug21 said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSUHitman
So Gamecrazy did not get the faceplates for Eternal Sonata? The solicitation the workers let me see in August said they were going to, but I ended up reserving it at Gamestop. Looks like it was good I did.

THe facelpate was going to come but for whatever reason its not now. For all the custs that preordered eternal sonota you have an option of getting a $5 giftcard in in place of the faceplate.
I'm pretty sure thats the deal but don't get your panties in an uproar if not as I'm not at work today and can't find out the complete details.

[quote name='Number83']FWIW, Anytime my pre-order bonuses were back ordered, they usually shipped within a day or two after release...except for SMT: DDS 2 soundtrack. :bomb:[/quote]
Yep. Received my game today around 4pm. Checked the website and my order status for the faceplate had finally changed to shipped. Should probably receive it tomorrow. Hope others have similar experience. Especially considering I put in my preorder last Friday night.

[quote name='somahead33']Yep. Received my game today around 4pm. Checked the website and my order status for the faceplate had finally changed to shipped. Should probably receive it tomorrow. Hope others have similar experience. Especially considering I put in my preorder last Friday night.[/quote]

thanks for the update, i just checked and my faceplate was shipped also *yay* :bouncy:

it's kinda funny, they shipped my game out via USPS (i chose cheapest shipping option) and my faceplate was shipped out via UPS 3 day select. i might get the faceplate faster than the game.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I'm pretty sure thats the deal but don't get your panties in an uproar[/QUOTE]
:rofl: Awesome.

Yeah I've been burned too many times by GS.com to expect pre-order bonuses from them. 2 or 3 games never came with the bonus, CS would claim they're coming later, then a while later, oops, they ran out. Thanks for nothing.

gamestop shipped my faceplate separate from the game yesterday. i am happy about that, i was worried they were pulling a fast one like they did with the suikoden v art book. with that they said they shipped it, but didnt. that was pretty f-ed up.

[quote name='Bretts31344']I was the only person to preorder at my GS. Got my faceplate, returned the game minutes later and bought it elsewhere. Thanks GS![/quote]
You can do this? Without any problems? They won't ask for the pre-order bonus back if you do this?

Sorry for all the questions but if this is true I would love to re-purchase the game eslsewhere. I don't like Eb too much.

[quote name='MagusZ']You can do this? Without any problems? They won't ask for the pre-order bonus back if you do this?

Sorry for all the questions but if this is true I would love to re-purchase the game eslsewhere. I don't like Eb too much.[/quote]

as long as the preorder bonus isn't on the actual receipt, you can return the game without having to return the bonus. it only works if they ship the bonus separately which is quite rare.

[quote name='MagusZ']You can do this? Without any problems? They won't ask for the pre-order bonus back if you do this?

Sorry for all the questions but if this is true I would love to re-purchase the game eslsewhere. I don't like Eb too much.[/quote]

Yea, I did it by buying it at a GS, then going to a different GS literally across the street and returning it. I told them I found out about the Buy Two get One Free at Toysrus and I am getting it there.

Still waiting for my copy to come in from tru.com. Got it for $29.99 w/Madden.

I thought I was gonna end up paying 25+ for the Polka face plate till I walked into my favorite Gamestop and the guy gave me it for nothing. Also threw in the Disgaea 2 guide.

Heading back Tomorrow for the Dewy plush and maybe the Tales of the Abyss and Wild Arms 4 guides.

And maybe the Xenosaga III guide.

(he told me they can take any penny guides or preorder gifts they want)

As expected, my gamestop somehow lost the faceplate I put my name on a week ago. Although they claim they probably gave it away, I have a small feeling of employee theft. I knew this could happen, I was expecting in in a way, but Im still disappointed. :cry: They gave me a replacement Salsa/March instead. Sigh, what can you do. Gamestop just has the power over these matters.....

A bit after the fact but I was bored so hit some gamestops today. The first two didn't have anymore left but the third had a chopin in one of the drawers. Guy told me it was a free promo and just gave it to me and went back to work.

The prices they are going for is rather insane though. Think it will hold?

The prices are around 20 bucks now, the "valued price" stated by GameStop before the game came out. It's not going to get any higher so if you don't want it, get rid of it while you still can.

I sold my Beat faceplate for $28 shipped. I saw Chopin/Polka ones going for $30-40 a few days ago, demand has fallen.

I'm probably the only one who cares, but the manager at my local GameCrazy finally called to say that corporate admitted that the promotion was cancelled with GC. Then he tried to tell me that the only way that you could get them was to purchase them. I told him, umm, no, it was a free pre-order bonus at EB Games/Gamestop and several local stores had them for all of their pre-orders.

He says he'll "take care of me" the next time I come in. Guess I'll see what that means. Not the end of the world, but wish I had gotten one of those faceplates and I'm not paying $20+ on Ebay for one.

Either way, it was pretty crappy of GC to promote the bonus and then have it cancelled. Even though Namco said it was exclusive to EB/GS, do you really think the small number of people who pre-ordered it at GC would have made a difference?

[quote name='awp']I'm probably the only one who cares, but the manager at my local GameCrazy finally called to say that corporate admitted that the promotion was cancelled with GC. Then he tried to tell me that the only way that you could get them was to purchase them. I told him, umm, no, it was a free pre-order bonus at EB Games/Gamestop and several local stores had them for all of their pre-orders.

He says he'll "take care of me" the next time I come in. Guess I'll see what that means. Not the end of the world, but wish I had gotten one of those faceplates and I'm not paying $20+ on Ebay for one.

Either way, it was pretty crappy of GC to promote the bonus and then have it cancelled. Even though Namco said it was exclusive to EB/GS, do you really think the small number of people who pre-ordered it at GC would have made a difference?[/QUOTE]

GameCrazy wasn't getting them. No matter what they told you, when the faceplate stuff became public knowledge--- THEY WERE NOT GETTING THEM. In the planning stages they may have been involved, but when they're "exclusive" bonuses someone generally PAYS for those. So if GS/EB is paying for an exclusive bonus, another store *WILL NEVER* get it.

bread's done
Back