Preorder Halo Reach Noble map pack @ Gamestop get flaming helmet for Avatar

[quote name='100xp']...as for orange tissue paper, I figure why the heck not...free avatar gear is like changing socks.[/QUOTE]

No doubt. If I could take advantage of it online, I'd be all over it. But it's about 15 minutes to my nearest GS and they're a bunch of teh pen0r.

Plus it's not really free (for me). I'd have to pay sales tax on the DLC and the MS points I have were 20% off retail, so I end up paying a premium for the avatar helmet. Still, I might pay for the avatar helmet... but pay for it AND deal with my local GS... nah.

But I'll probably wish I hadn't been so stubborn every time I see someone with one.

And, yeah, all three of those maps seem like they would work perfectly well with Firefight. Kotaku didn't list them as the types offered, though. Hopefully it will be, though.

I called my local gamestop today to make sure they still had the promotion. Store 3673 on Canal Street and Roosevelt in downtown Chicago. I talked to the assistant manager, told me to come in and sign up for the rewards and I'd get the item.

I go to the store, meet Dave, get signed up for the points card, and am then told that I can't reserve the DLC anymore. Dave assumes it's because the dlc comes out tomorrow.

Not a big deal, but a huge waste of time. If you're thinking of going tonight and getting the avatar item, realize that it might not be available anymore.

[quote name='pishowda']I called my local gamestop today to make sure they still had the promotion. Store 3673 on Canal Street and Roosevelt in downtown Chicago. I talked to the assistant manager, told me to come in and sign up for the rewards and I'd get the item.

I go to the store, meet Dave, get signed up for the points card, and am then told that I can't reserve the DLC anymore. Dave assumes it's because the dlc comes out tomorrow.

Not a big deal, but a huge waste of time. If you're thinking of going tonight and getting the avatar item, realize that it might not be available anymore.[/QUOTE]
It is not a reservation. You actually have to buy the DLC beforehand. That way it will work in their computer.

[quote name='djbooba']It is not a reservation. You actually have to buy the DLC beforehand. That way it will work in their computer.[/QUOTE]

well sure. I still consider it reserving though because I'm paying for something I cannot use until a later date.

Regardless of my diction, you get the point

[quote name='djbooba']It is not a reservation. You actually have to buy the DLC beforehand. That way it will work in their computer.[/QUOTE]

Which is what makes it so cute that they called it a "pre-order." I guess they figured it sounded better than a "pre-purchase" -- "hey, buy it now, and you can play it later!"

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but have you guys seen the GS commercial advertising this? It's beyond annoying. Just like most of GS' commercials. I can't believe I would say I prefer Buck or whatever that bunny rabbit's name is over that guy who says, 'en FUUUEEEEEGOOOOO!'...ugh.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but have you guys seen the GS commercial advertising this? It's beyond annoying. Just like most of GS' commercials. I can't believe I would say I prefer Buck or whatever that bunny rabbit's name is over that guy who says, 'en FUUUEEEEEGOOOOO!'...ugh.[/QUOTE]

I actually thought it was a slightly funny one. I always chuckle a little at it.

I love it when people rant about where I work.

Presale code sold out company wide prob, Only so many were available to sell, kind of like a collectors edition on reserve. Merchants ( Xbox) only gave gamestop so many they could presell before running out. You walk into a gamestop today though and theyll be able to sell it to you, itll print out on a receipt, no store does DLC Cards unless your getting Live time, 360 points or ps3 points and you specifically ask for a card. from now on everything is downloaded at point of sale and printed on the receipts.

It's 7:10AM, do you know where your DLC is?

Was hoping the code would show up before I went to work, but alas I was disappointed.

[quote name='ColdBrew']Got my Noble Map Pack code and entered it but no flaming avatar helmet or code for it...[/QUOTE]

Same here. I think according to the wording in the reservation email, is that they will send you an email with the avatar helmet code.

I went this past Saturday to "pre-buy" the map pack, just to get the stupid flaming helmet. I worked at Gamestop up until August, and then I had to leave due to moving across the state.

But anyways...I go into the store in my town, ask to get upgraded to the PowerUp program, which of course then lead to the three employees jumping over each other to help me, despite none of them showing an interest the entire 10 minutes I spent walking around before that...after doing the upgrade, I ask to do the map pack as well, and all seems to be going fine.

After standing at the register, having the manager on-duty come over, and all of them trying to figure out why my transaction won't go through, I get told "We can't do it, because we're sold out."

Sold out...of an infinitely supplied downloadable item...really?

Now, I understand that the company has certain allotments of the DLC that they can sell and give out, but you shouldn't keep advertising that you have something if you can't actually sell it. The whole reason I went down to the store was because I got an email Saturday morning telling me to preorder to get the flaming helmet. Yesterday, I got an email telling me that it was my last chance to preorder if I wanted the flaming helmet.

This whole digital download thing isn't going to work out for Gamestop if they continue to try to run it like this.

[quote name='captaintek3304']After standing at the register, having the manager on-duty come over, and all of them trying to figure out why my transaction won't go through, I get told "We can't do it, because we're sold out."

Now, I understand that the company has certain allotments of the DLC that they can sell and give out, but you shouldn't keep advertising that you have something if you can't actually sell it. The whole reason I went down to the store was because I got an email Saturday morning telling me to preorder to get the flaming helmet. Yesterday, I got an email telling me that it was my last chance to preorder if I wanted the flaming helmet.

This whole digital download thing isn't going to work out for Gamestop if they continue to try to run it like this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I was told the same thing at one store I went to. I ended up going to another store where the guy was able to figure it out using an electronic memo that had been sent out about the purchase.

Got my my code for the map pack, but no avatar helmet code as of yet but at least I have my map pack...and I am content, for now.

[quote name='captaintek3304']I went this past Saturday to "pre-buy" the map pack, just to get the stupid flaming helmet. I worked at Gamestop up until August, and then I had to leave due to moving across the state.

But anyways...I go into the store in my town, ask to get upgraded to the PowerUp program, which of course then lead to the three employees jumping over each other to help me, despite none of them showing an interest the entire 10 minutes I spent walking around before that...after doing the upgrade, I ask to do the map pack as well, and all seems to be going fine.

After standing at the register, having the manager on-duty come over, and all of them trying to figure out why my transaction won't go through, I get told "We can't do it, because we're sold out."

This whole digital download thing isn't going to work out for Gamestop if they continue to try to run it like this.[/QUOTE]

This and other reasons is why i never will trust or like this store again. They wasted my time on this avatar item thing to many times. When this was released to be able to buy i tried to many times. They kept telling me either they never heard of it or did not know how to do it. I tried 3 stores and wasted enough gas i could buy this off eblah multi times now. This is how GS always has been and always will be. This is a joke what they are doing now since they do it so badly. If it went smooth it would be iffy if it would do well or not. The way they are doing it for sure makes me not even want anything even if it is cool from them. I rather spend more on eblah then waste my gas money and time and my hair over GS issues.

I wish they had better management higher up these ideas are nice but the excution is so poor why bother.

The flame helmet is not all that anyways looks goofy even for a avatar item. If i see it for sale and around 10 i might grab it just to have it but i doubt i would keep it equiped long at all.

How did this code come to you? Email ? Poweruprewards.com message ?

[quote name='ColdBrew']Got my Noble Map Pack code and entered it but no flaming avatar helmet or code for it...[/QUOTE]

[quote name='fcw3']How did this code come to you? Email ? Poweruprewards.com message ?[/QUOTE]

your poweruprewards account should have the code for the map pack, GS according to their email said they will send you a "reminder" email telling you that your map pack is available at your power up rewards account, and that "reminder" email should contain the flaming avatar helmet code.
I just havent gotten my reminder email yet.

[quote name='fcw3']How did this code come to you? Email ? Poweruprewards.com message ?[/QUOTE]

You get the code for the map pack via the PowerUpRewards website. The avatar helmet code should come via email.

Downloaded the maps but couldnt find a match with any of the new ones. Then i had to go to work so ill have to try again later. Hopefully everyone will have it later. Maybe even a specific playlist will show up. Hopefully

Here's a little fine print from the "Get the Halo: Reach Map Pack and Flaming Helmet" e-mail they sent out.

1. You must be a member of the GameStop® PowerUp Rewards™ program to take advantage of the Halo: Reach Noble Map Pack DLC.
2. The Noble Map Pack DLC and Flaming Avatar Helmet codes will be delivered securely to the “Add-Ons and Downloads” area of your PowerUp account on launch day.
3. An email notification will be sent reminding you to pick up your Map Pack code in your PowerUp account and will also contain the code for the Flaming Helmet Avatar code.

I ordered the map yesterday, but there's no code in my account yet. I'm guessing it probably takes at least 24hrs, so I got a few more hours to wait.

Just like everyone, I got my map pack code from my PowerUp Rewards website but no flaming helmet code in the email yet.

[quote name='mr_bungle']I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but have you guys seen the GS commercial advertising this? It's beyond annoying. Just like most of GS' commercials. I can't believe I would say I prefer Buck or whatever that bunny rabbit's name is over that guy who says, 'en FUUUEEEEEGOOOOO!'...ugh.[/QUOTE]I thought it was great. "You know what lites my fire? FIRE!"

Most GS commercials ar worth at least a laugh.

[quote name='eau']Just like everyone, I got my map pack code from my PowerUp Rewards website but no flaming helmet code in the email yet.[/QUOTE]
Same here.

[quote name='vidgames4bs']You get the code for the map pack via the PowerUpRewards website. The avatar helmet code should come via email.[/QUOTE]
Thanks to both you and 100xp for the responses.

FRED

I haven't received an email about it, but I found my Noble map code in the “Add-Ons and Downloads” section.

I have not received my flaming helmet code yet.

Gamestop posted on Facebook that everyone should receive the e-mail with the flaming helmet code at 7pm EST.

[quote name='Envel']Gamestop posted on Facebook that everyone should receive the e-mail with the flaming helmet code at 7pm EST.[/QUOTE]

So when you correct for "Gamestop Time" we should get the email around 3am.

GameStop
Customers who pre-ordered the Halo Reach Noble Map Pack should have the DLC code available NOW in their Power Up Rewards account, under "Downloads and Add-ons". A confirmation email with the Halo Mark V Avatar Helmet token will be sent separately to customers and should arrive by 6pm CT. If you haven't received an email w/ the code by 6pm Central Time please contact us at [email protected] with your pre-order info.

@bungietweets Bungie
The DLC Grab Bag playlist is now live for those that want nonstop newness.

It's very disappointing this all had to be done in-store. If you could've signed up for their powerpoint club thing and preordered online I would've been more likely to take advantage of this. I really couldn't justify taking a bus to gamestop for a flaming avatar helmet though...

Noble code on the site and got my GS email with helmet code. :D

Anyone preorder and get more than one set of codes? I was originally preordering to get the helmet for myself and sell the map pack for my money back to a friend but damn Ebay went insane. I listed my codes BIN and hoping for the best. I don't need the helmet that bad, i'd rather have stupid $$$.

Kinda kicking myself for forgetting to go try to preorder more. Been busy busy busy. :(

Helmet code came in also. For kicks I checked ebay and theres one listed there with the map pack with a current bid of $29 and 16hrs to go. Kind of wondering just how limited these are.

[quote name='Shimmerz']Helmet code came in also. For kicks I checked ebay and theres one listed there with the map pack with a current bid of $29 and 16hrs to go. Kind of wondering just how limited these are.[/QUOTE]

Limited to everyone who isn't on the GS mailing list. Nobody in store knew even the employees if you preordered or read this thread... The day I went the gal looked at me as if I had 3 heads.... I showed her the GS email on my phone and she was like AWESOME we are gonna figure this out because she wants one as well.

If you look at closed listings it's been closing for $25-50. If it really is exclusive the helmet could hold this value for a little bit maybe but not as much as the in game helmet i'd say. That said mines on Ebay already for a fair price, i'm not waiting till the market floods with peoples codes. :D

[quote name='$hady']Limited to everyone who isn't on the GS mailing list. Nobody in store knew even the employees if you preordered or read this thread... The day I went the gal looked at me as if I had 3 heads.... I showed her the GS email on my phone and she was like AWESOME we are gonna figure this out because she wants one as well.

If you look at closed listings it's been closing for $25-50. If it really is exclusive the helmet could hold this value for a little bit maybe but not as much as the in game helmet i'd say. That said mines on Ebay already for a fair price, i'm not waiting till the market floods with peoples codes. :D[/QUOTE]

Same thing happened at my local gamestop. Just redeemed my code for the new maps but alas, no flaming helmet code.

*edit* Recieved email for flaming helmet @ 12:30 pst.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Xdeath452x']Same thing happened at my local gamestop. Just redeemed my code for the new maps but alas, no flaming helmet code.[/QUOTE]
LOL sorry to post AGAIN but the Helmet code is in your email titled "Your Halo: Reach Map Pack has been delivered" [email protected]

The map pack code is on the rewards site. Kinda confusing and trouble waiting to happen as watch it'll be marked as spam in some peoples email.

As everyone said got my code from PowerUp for the Map Pack, and email delivered with Avatar Code. Also, already up on eBay.

Same here. Got map pack code this morning and avatar code shortly after noon.

Don't really care if it's a Mark V or ODST helmet. A Halo helmet that is flaming like Ghost Rider is cool enough for me :cool:

[quote name='bh47']Anyone notice that it's not a Mark V helmet but just ODST helmet w/ flames?[/QUOTE]

I've mentioned this earlier, while it does look exactly like the ODST helmet there is a sutble difference in the chin area of the helmet that supposed to make it different enough but it's so sutble. there's also no ODST stripe on the back.idc, it makes my friend's son jealous and to me it's worth it because of that. little stinker that he his.

got rewards pts for it, spent edge credit on it, didn't have to make a 2nd trip to the store...freebie. better than the dark one mask for sure.

[quote name='Nintendokid54']how much can i sell my code for (avatar code)?[/QUOTE]

$1,000. if you can find the right buyer (sarcasm)

search ebay for pricing, no one's going to buy it on CAG. trade for it perhaps but not buy.

I might buy it if the price is right. Anyone who got an extra, PM me. Let's work something out!! Or you could be nice and give me the extra!!

I'm also willing to buy it at a reasonable price, or trade it for other avatar Items. PM me for more info.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back