Preorder Red Dead Redemption @ Walmart for $59 get 20 gift card

[quote name='Danimal']It now says you get a $20 Amazon.com gift card with preorder! I'm in for one.[/QUOTE]

NICE! I just placed an order on GS last night just in case Amazon didn't match. I'm thinking of just keeping both and selling a copy on CL for $50. The GS copy only cost $45 and I get a $10 credit and the other GS exclusives. The Amazon copy only cost me $37 (since I paid w/credit and I'll be getting $20 of that credit back) and I'll get their exclusive content. Might as well keep both, get the exclusive content for both, and make a few dollars while I'm at it.

It's crazy but expected.

We are at a point now where we won't buy a new game on release unless there is some incentive. One reason why I can't see games being priced higher than 59.99 next gen, because if anything has been learned. Is that 59.99 seems to be the ceiling for alot of gamers. So much so that retailers are noticing an increase in sales when offering like 20 dollar gift cards. I say the more the merrier!

sweet i preordered this over a month ago from amazon - glad they matched. it's almost like you can buy this and mario galaxy 2 and get a game for free basically.

Oof, should have pre-ordered last night to lock in the price. I had thought about them increasing the price per the match, but I obviously didn't think about it hard enough. Oh well, still a great deal!

i just might have to bite on this, especially as someone erroneously posted that the gamestop $10 off future purchase was good through today (it isn't, lol).

[quote name='klew']i just might have to bite on this, especially as someone erroneously posted that the gamestop $10 off future purchase was good through today (it isn't, lol).[/QUOTE]

What are you talking about? Gamestop is still offering the $10 credit.

[quote name='OGHowie']Why would somebody shop any place OTHER than Amazon?[/QUOTE]

I guess you missed the 289 Gamestop threads this week.

Been waiting for this game for months and I don't foresee any better deal than this coming along. Gonna sign up for the free Prime trial and pre-order this. Golden guns, $20 gift card, and free release day shipping. :D

Edit: Thanks Shock, didn't know that. This deal just keeps getting sweeter and sweeter!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='CatEyes']Been waiting for this game for months and I don't foresee any better deal than this coming along. Gonna sign up for the free Prime trial and pre-order this. Golden guns, $20 gift card, and free 2-day shipping. :D[/QUOTE]

You'll actually be able to get free release date delivery with Prime on many of the games including RDR ;)

I pre-ordered this a while ago when walmart's bing cashback was 20%. Then it came with a $10 e-gift card. I'm trying to get walmart to give me another $10 card. If anyone else is in the same boat, let me know how it turned out........man I'm greedy :cool:

[quote name='dino88']What are you talking about? Gamestop is still offering the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

not on rdr. i tried. it said the deal ended 4/27. : (

[quote name='OGHowie']Already had this preordered long ago so this is even better.

Why would somebody shop any place OTHER than Amazon?[/QUOTE]

My 42 dollars in credit I already had with walmart. :/

After using that it's almost like they said. Hey dude, if you buy a 20 dollar giftcard we'll give you Red dead for that 42 in credit you got.

[quote name='dino88']What are you talking about? Gamestop is still offering the $10 credit.[/QUOTE]

ok, here's what happened. when i put it in my cart, the cart showed the $10 off future purchase deal, however, it said it expired on 4/27.

i called customer service, and was told the deal is good indefinitely and i should still get the code upon the game's release. so take it on faith, i guess ...

Alright, got this pre-ordered with Amazon now. I didn't see anything in the checkout about the $20 gift card. Are they mailed with the game, separately, or is it through email?

Important Message
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships.

[quote name='klew']ok, here's what happened. when i put it in my cart, the cart showed the $10 off future purchase deal, however, it said it expired on 4/27.

i called customer service, and was told the deal is good indefinitely and i should still get the code upon the game's release. so take it on faith, i guess ...[/QUOTE]

Again, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've ordered 3 games that come with the $10 credit and never once did it mention anything about the credit in the cart or anywhere throughout the checkout process.

If you go to the RDR page it clearly says "Get $10 off a future order when you purchase Red Dead Redemption." There is no expiration date and it is on the page as we speak. There's no reason to think (and to make others think) that you won't get the promotion.

[quote name='dino88']Again, I'm not sure what you're talking about. I've ordered 3 games that come with the $10 credit and never once did it mention anything about the credit in the cart or anywhere throughout the checkout process.

If you go to the RDR page it clearly says "Get $10 off a future order when you purchase Red Dead Redemption." There is no expiration date and it is on the page as we speak. There's no reason to think (and to make others think) that you won't get the promotion.[/QUOTE]

i'm not trying to mislead anyone, i'm just noting what i observed. where your cart shows promotions, mine showed the $10 off future purchase promo and said it expired 4/27.

granted, the space is usually reserved for coupons or codes. i will say that after navigating around the website i haven't been able to reproduce that. so maybe it was a glitch?

[quote name='Vinny']Oh man, I hope GS matches this. With 25% off and a $20 GC, it would be sweet.[/QUOTE]

I would like GameStop to price match this but I know they won't. :/

[quote name='toastmasta']Important Message
Congratulations. Your purchase has qualified you for a $20 Video Games promotional code. The promotion code will be applied directly to your Amazon.com account up to two (2) business days after your product ships.[/QUOTE]

Oh okay, thanks. I didn't see that anywhere. I hope I still got it

Anyone know how they will treat canceling pre-orders if they were combined with an item you have already been shipped with 25OFF? Would they go back and charge full price for the item that they shipped you?

That $20 amazon card is enough to make me switch, and I'm concerned that this "limited edition" will be harder to trade back to amazon later on..

[quote name='dopehat']So question if I pre-ordered when it was just a 10$ certificate. Will they update it to the 20$?[/QUOTE]

I think you need to talk to them about it but I've heard that they do change orders toward the better if the promotion has changed. Rarely will Amazon go out of their way to hurt their reputation as a good service.

Had Red Dead pre-ordered through Amazon with the $10 gift card. Called them and they said to cancel the pre-order and order it again to get the $20 gift card.

Amazon also has Bioshock 2 for $32.99 with a $10 gift card!!

Like a previous poster said "Why would anyone order from anyone else other than Amazon?"

[quote name='tglaz18']Had Red Dead pre-ordered through Amazon with the $10 gift card. Called them and they said to cancel the pre-order and order it again to get the $20 gift card.[/QUOTE]

Cool Thanks

I ordered when it was a $10 GC also, but everyone seems to say that they update it automatically (and if they don't, it's nothing a call to customer service won't fix).

[quote name='tglaz18']Had Red Dead pre-ordered through Amazon with the $10 gift card. Called them and they said to cancel the pre-order and order it again to get the $20 gift card.[/QUOTE]
problem with that is i ordered when it was 56.99, if i reorder i lose out on that :(

[quote name='mitnosi']problem with that is i ordered when it was 56.99, if i reorder i lose out on that :([/QUOTE]

You still come out $7 ahead of the pre-order.

If i remember correctly with Battlefield Bad Company 2, people who pre-ordered before the bump in credit received only $10 in credit when it was shipped, they emailed in and received an addtional $20 dollars and ended up with $30 in credit.

[quote name='mitnosi']problem with that is i ordered when it was 56.99, if i reorder i lose out on that :([/QUOTE]

Same thing here. But I don't wanna mess around and potentially not get the other $10.

I just remember people always getting their credit bumped up due to a better promotion. I am a little worried, thinking that maybe I should cancel and re-order. Does anyone have direct experience with ordering at 10, and then getting it raised to 20? (Don't want to risk losing out on the extra 10, granted it'll be 7 due to the price increase)

Just take a screencap of the page. If you get 10 dollars in credit when the game ships, email amazon. Like others said, they might even give you 20, ontop of the 10. But I have no doubt they'll atleast give you the other 10.

I wouldn't even cancel your existing pre-order. Isn't that the whole gist of Amazon's pre-order guarantee? If Amazon has a better deal before the game is shipped, you get the same deal. Just e-mail or give them a call if you don't receive the $20 gc.

when i ordered bad company 2 off walmart it shipped 2 days before release but arrived 8 business days after release date

[quote name='Gluteus']Does anyone have direct experience with ordering at 10, and then getting it raised to 20? (Don't want to risk losing out on the extra 10, granted it'll be 7 due to the price increase)[/QUOTE]

Yes, they did the same for me on ODST. I believe it was $10 -> $15? I never had to email Amazon.

[quote name='Junkyard Jeff']I pre-ordered this a while ago when walmart's bing cashback was 20%. Then it came with a $10 e-gift card. I'm trying to get walmart to give me another $10 card. If anyone else is in the same boat, let me know how it turned out........man I'm greedy :cool:[/QUOTE]

Walmart said no dice - they only price adjust for 7 days

If i used a 10 GC credit from a previous amazon order to pre order RDR and cancel my order to pre order it again, will i lose my 10 GC credit?

Well i emailed amazon and asked if my order will be updated with the 20 GC instead of 10. So ill just see what they say.

Wow i already got an email back....

Hello,

I checked the description of the Red Dead Redemption offer and see we'll send your $20 promotional certificate via e-mail once the game is released.

For your convenience I've included the item page from our website.

You'll receive your promotional certificate by May 18. If you don't receive your $20 gift card by then, please let us know by going to the URL below:

I hope this helps. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Did I solve your problem?

WIN!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a $65.00 gift card to Walmart, so unfortunately I have to pre-order through them.

Does anyone that has preordered through them before know how long on average they take to ship their games? The site tells me my estimated arrival date is between Wed 5/26/10 to Fri 5/28/10 but I've heard it doesn't take that long.

bread's done
Back