Preorder Skylanders Adventure Pack Empire of Ice walmart.com

But they werent limited until after everyone got them for Xmas. Every store was stocked to the brim and if it wasnt for the holidays, they still would be.

The idea is pure genius in itself, but I seriously doubt they created a shortage on purpose. Retailers werent ordering anymore so production likely ceased and now the retailers came crawling and Activision can't make enough to fill demand. Doesnt seem like a good business move to not supply the demand, which is why I doubt they created the shortage. They simply seemed to have underestimated the demand based on pre-xmas sales.

Either way, its a great idea and one that will be taking our money for years to come

found 3 empire of ice sets at walmart last night. had to grab one. they also had lots of dino rang, wrecking ball, hex, zap and boomer

[quote name='token2k6']We love Skylanders! I really hope this pack is longer than a level..the fun has kind of died off, and that makes me sad. Went crazy and bought all the figures within a month, now its a fact you cannot find ANY on store shelves..[/QUOTE]

I saw them at many Gamestops over the holidays. I don't play the game or collect them but the guy behind the counter at one was all into it, showing me the different packs and what they did.

It all sounds pretty interesting, but I just can't see myself sinking so much money into 1 game. I'm sure the craziness will die down eventually just like it does for everything else.

Last night the wife and I were driving around and we stopped at 1 Best Buy, 2 Targets and 2 Toys R Us'.

Best Buy: Not 1 figure
Target #1: Not 1 Figure
Toys R Us #1: Tons of Boomers, Darklight Crypts, and a few Wrecking Ball 3-packs
Target #2: 1 Bash and 1 Drobot
Toys R Us #2: More Darklight Crypts, lots of Boomers again

I popped in the game for the first time since early December and I had some fun and earned one of my few remaining achievements. Hoping to play more tonight!

[quote name='AoA']The Skylanders thing just makes me mad. Anytime there's a rush for any new toy and people swarm in and buy them all and try to gouge us as third party sellers.

I bought my son a few characters and the game for Christmas but I had to guess what he might want and what might be good. Now I can't find anything.

People suck. I believe in the free market and all but come on, greasy fat toads camping out in the aisle grabbing the entire stock. ARRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!![/QUOTE]

I think this happened to a lot of us. I researched them a bit beforehand and bought the mega pack and legendary pack before Christmas. I thought about picking up the triple pack with Stealth Elf and Sonic Boom (since Air and Life were the only elements missing from what I had bought). I passed since I wasn't sure how much my son would like the game. I guess after Christmas, kids asked their parents for more and there went all the stock. I was pretty surprised since I went out to Best Buy and GS the day before Christmas Eve and there were still tons left.

My local Best Buy had at least 10-12 individual character packs. Saw a lot of Hex, Wrecking Balls, Stealth Elf, etc. Since I have them anyway, didn't end up buying any. Didn't know if I should've hoarded them all for Ebay lol.

The Target on the same shopping center had a couple too. Including a Whirlwind figure.

Stock looks like it's coming back after Christmas.

I stopped at a Best Buy today in Spring and they only had the DLC packs, but they did have the Empire of Ice pack so I picked up one.

Then stopped at a Wal-Mart, and they only had ONE single pack character that a lady put back on the shelf while I was looking. It was Voodood, so i bought him as I hadn't seen him yet. My lucky day, hmm?

EDIT: Just saw that Voodood is part of a 3-pack. Damnit, may have to return him.

Didn't go to any GameStops cause... well, they suck.

Anybody seen Cynder at any (non-GameStop) B&M locations yet, or has she still not been released?

Last edited by a moderator:
I stopped by Best Buy this morning. They only had the previous adventure packs (darklight & pirate). They only had the 3pack with dino-rang, hex, zap. They had a lot of single figures though. I picked up Stump Smash and Sonic Boom (the only 2 elements I had left to get).

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']
Anybody seen Cynder at any (non-GameStop) B&M locations yet, or has she still not been released?[/QUOTE]

Cynder is not out yet.

[quote name='barrit']I stopped by Best Buy this morning. They only the previous adventure packs (darklight & pirate). They only had the 3pack with dino-rang, hex, zap. They had a lot of single figures though. I picked up Stump Smash and Sonic Boom (the only 2 elements I had left to get).[/QUOTE]

Lucky, I still those 2 elements myself, lol. I see prices seem to be dropping on ebay so i would guess people are finding stock easier now. Check with a buddy of mine that works at the local Gamestop and he says they wont be getting any more singles in till Feb.

Talked to a GameStop guy today and he swears they had a 3 pack with Double Trouble/Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant but sold it as soon as he opened the box. He also said they got Darklight Crypt, and the Pirate Seas adventure packs but no Empire of Ice today.

[quote name='edison']Talked to a GameStop guy today and he swears they had a 3 pack with Double Trouble/Whirlwind/Drill Sergeant but sold it as soon as he opened the box. He also said they got Darklight Crypt, and the Pirate Seas adventure packs but no Empire of Ice today.[/QUOTE]

Yup, as I posted in the other thread (we probably need a consolidated Skylanders deal thread at this point) I picked up both the new triple pack & Empire of Ice at a local GS this afternoon. They had one of each, and the guy said they got them in today.

Geez, I still can't believe people are paying so much over MSRP for Skylanders. I posted in the other thread that I picked up the new 3 pack at Target this morning.

[quote name='kk012']Geez, I still can't believe people are paying so much over MSRP for Skylanders. I posted in the other thread that I picked up the new 3 pack at Target this morning.[/QUOTE]

the new 3-pack or the Empire of Ice Adventure set?

I just grabbed an Empire of Ice set in-store at a local Walmart. They had about 5 of them when I got there, but there were some hungry parents & kids picking over them pretty quickly :p

Just FYI! I hit the Targets in Glen Burnie x2, Laurel, Bowie, Annapolis, MD. Nothing.

Walmarts in Glen Burnie, the one on 97, Bowie, and Laurel. I was able to nab a few that I was missing at Laurel but none had ANY 3 packs. The rest didn't have any singles.

Sam's in Laurel and Annapolis were empty.

Gamestop in Annapolis had the pirate and crypt adventure packs. Hope this may help some. Spent a day hunting the new pack and turned up a whole hell of a lot of nada.

Can someone here explain to me why grown men are scrambling for these figures on here? I mean, I could understand something like G.I. Joes or comic book action figures because they're tied to your childhood, but this is a new IP. Why did you start caring?

And no, I'm not hating or trying to insult anyone, I'm genuinely curious.

[quote name='skiizim']Those of you who are finding the new adventure packs what State do you live in?[/QUOTE]

I got mine at a Walmart in Arizona. But that's only one store out of the twenty or so I've been to this week that had it.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Can someone here explain to me why grown men are scrambling for these figures on here? I mean, I could understand something like G.I. Joes or comic book action figures because they're tied to your childhood, but this is a new IP. Why did you start caring?

And no, I'm not hating or trying to insult anyone, I'm genuinely curious.[/QUOTE]

With the way you started your post, you sure do sound like you are.

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']With the way you started your post, you sure do sound like you are.[/QUOTE]

What part was the insult? Calling people grown men?

[quote name='gettinmoney662']What part was the insult? Calling people grown men?[/QUOTE]

Why would a grown man make a post like this?

Get the point?

[quote name='salty tbone']Why would a grown man make a post like this?

Get the point?[/QUOTE]

If you're gonna get offended by that, you'd probably get offended no matter what I used in its place. Okay, let's try again:

Can someone here explain to me why you guys are scrambling for these figures on here? I mean, I could understand something like G.I. Joes or comic book action figures because they're tied to your childhood, but this is a new IP. Why did you start caring?

[quote name='Rod92905']the new 3-pack or the Empire of Ice Adventure set?[/QUOTE]

The 3 pack with Whirlwind, Double Trouble and Drill Sargeant. I was hesitant to buy it because I already had Whirlwind.

Now, I'm on the hunt for the Empire of Ice adventure pack.

[quote name='gothamcentral79']I got mine at a Walmart in Arizona. But that's only one store out of the twenty or so I've been to this week that had it.[/QUOTE]

What part of Arizona? I'm in Tucson and I just checked a store tonight and they didn't have any 3-packs. Wasn't sure if they were just sold out or just hadn't gotten them in yet.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Can someone here explain to me why grown men are scrambling for these figures on here? I mean, I could understand something like G.I. Joes or comic book action figures because they're tied to your childhood, but this is a new IP. Why did you start caring?

And no, I'm not hating or trying to insult anyone, I'm genuinely curious.[/QUOTE]

1. They are new and hot. Its easy to buy figures you want and buy a few extra to flip on ebay (becasue some ebay'ers are lazy and have too much money) and buy more figures with your ebay money, lol.
2. The game is pretty fun, easy to play for young kids and "men".
3. The tech is cool. To be able to use the same figures across all platforms and it keep lvls gained and unlocked items (hats, upgrades) and it all be on the action figure is cool.
4. Collecting the figures are fun. Do you need every figure to beat the game? No. Do you need at least 1 of every element to get 100% in the game? Yes, but you can still beat the game with the starter figures. I really dont see it being any different from Eye of Judgment that was on PS3 or even getting loot cards for the World of Warcraft game. Just another thing to collect.
5. Does it have the 5 things that make it a good game? Good graphics? Check. Good music? Theme by Hans Zimmer, check. Good story? Main story was penned by Alek Sokolow and Joel Cohen from Toy Story, Check. Good voice acting? Patrick Warburton, Richard Steven Horvitz and more, check. Not MW3, check.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']If you're gonna get offended by that, you'd probably get offended no matter what I used in its place. Okay, let's try again:

Can someone here explain to me why you guys are scrambling for these figures on here? I mean, I could understand something like G.I. Joes or comic book action figures because they're tied to your childhood, but this is a new IP. Why did you start caring?[/QUOTE]

Basically what jc said. Here's my story:

Initially I didnt care and thought it was a dumb scam. Activision? Spyro? $8 dollars per little plastic statue? How stupid. No way I'm getting that shit. Also fuck Call Of Duty.

Then TrU had their b2g1 and well I decided to get that shit. Why? I like collecting stuff, I heard it was similar to Gauntlet (which was awesome back in the day), The original 3 Spyros were 3 of my favorite games (I know he went downhill from there but back then the originals were awesome games), and I have a wife and kids who'll like it, so now I'm justified. I got a poster with it that shows all the characters and was like damn I gotta catch em all! But then I sold my starter pack and didn't have the game.

So I had a few figures and that was it. Then Lockerz had a deal for $35 for the Starter pack. Well that was too cheap to pass up. So I bought the thing and when I got it this time I actually tried the game out. 2 player family fun? Simple Stat building? Dat portal?! YES PLZ.

At that point I wanted all the characters but I bought a couple more and thought I'd be ok with that. Of course I wasn't so I went back for more like a week later and they're gone. EVERYWHERE.

So a few days later I'm browsing CAG and I see someone selling all of them for $170. All of them that are out, including a sealed whirlwind and the starter pack. How has this guy been trying to sell them for like a week and nobody bought them?? I don't know but WANT.

GOT.

So then I sold off the extra Skylanders and I've ended up with all of it basically free. And now that I have all of them so far and have come all this way, I can't stop now. Goonies never say die. I only have like 10 more to get! So that's where I'm at currently.

TL;DR They're fun and it didn't cost me much besides time to get them all

[quote name='metallicoholic']What part of Arizona? I'm in Tucson and I just checked a store tonight and they didn't have any 3-packs. Wasn't sure if they were just sold out or just hadn't gotten them in yet.[/QUOTE]

I got it in Goodyear. And I was talking about the Empire of Ice set not the 3 packs.

All,

Just to update. I went out today into the Annapolis, MD area and I was able to find Empire of Ice. Snatched that copy.

The ToysRUs near the mall had Zap/Hex/Dinorang and Eruptor/Chop Chop/Bash sets. Singles were only Zap and Bash I believe.

Target, none.

Gamestops in the mall/Harborcenter, none.

K-mart, none.

Stuff is moving fast as hell though. Having stuff last night at 7-8pm and being sold out 10 am is a ridiculous throughput.

FYI, ToysRUs is about 5-10 dollars MORE expensive on like items. Just FYI.

P.S. Just so you know, I was completely turned off from this game. It was too expensive. Ridiculous. Pokemon like. I'm kicking myself now a I physically touched almost all of the characters at launch. Now, my kid is into it. I laugh at the story (some funny stuff written in for adults). And the figures are freakin IMPOSSIBLE to find now. You don't need them all. Just yesterday I was able to pick up one of each type. Today was all about picking out the specific ones my daughter wanted (Stealth elf, Hex, Slam Bam) I just need to death dragon and lightning Rod and I'd be happy as hell not to spend another penny. (and maybe Whirlwind if I ever manage to get my hands on it)

Found 1 pirate exapnsion thing at best buy today.
I don't know what is it about these damn things. But I'm into it. I like the game. And the figures.
They got me good with this game haha

Went to the Gamestop in Cutler Bay Fl on SW 184th st and got the Empire of Ice set, and the 3 pack with Whirlwind, Drill Sgt and Double Trouble. They only got one of the 3 pack of figs and two of the expansion sets for the whole store.

I went to 1 GS, 1 TRU, 1 BB and 2 Walmarts. I found 6 of the Empire of Ice packs at the first Walmart that I visited today. Nothing at GS. According to the GS manager, the shipment came in yesterday and sold out in 20 minutes. TRU had lots of the Darklight Crypt Adventure packs and singles of Boomer, Hex, Zap, Wrecking Ball, Dino-Rang. I already have these so I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my free Skylanders coupon=P I hope TRU gets some new Skylanders into before 1/31. Nothing at BB. The second Walmart only sells singles and had only 4-5 singles available.

For anybody looking for the Empire of Ice Adventure pack use this item number to search at the store for any available in your area.

I've confirmed to be able to find these using this method, if anybody in the Inland Empire wants to know where these are at I can tell you what Wal-Marts I have seen them at, please PM me.

[quote name='thegame85']Free coupon? Say what?[/QUOTE]

TRU had a holiday promotion in which if you bought a total of $100 or more of Skylanders stuff (games, figures, etc) then you would get a coupon for a free Skylanders figure in your TRU Rewards.

After reading this thread I decided I would check my local Wal-mart yesterday when I picked up some groceries. They had one of the Ice Cave expansions (which i picked up ), 2 of the Pirate Seas, and around 15 singles . Today I swing by and the shelves were barren. I guess the popularity has taken off around here or some hoarder has figured out he can make a quick buck of the soccer moms as ebay prices on some of this stuff has shown.

Most Walmarts around me don't even have the demo unit or pegs for Skylanders anymore. Just an end cap of starter sets.

[quote name='kk012']TRU had a holiday promotion in which if you bought a total of $100 or more of Skylanders stuff (games, figures, etc) then you would get a coupon for a free Skylanders figure in your TRU Rewards.[/QUOTE]

That may be the Legendary Trigger Happy!

[quote name='VyseArcad1a']That may be the Legendary Trigger Happy![/QUOTE]

Its not. Its just a coupon good towards a single pack purchase.

bread's done
Back