Preparing for Black Friday

Twie

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
So with today's Xbox360 Arcade fiasco I got to realize that I am in no way prepared for Black Friday. I've always shopped at actual stores but never online for Black Friday. Can anyone help me out with some tips and info on how it usually works so that I have a better chance at actually buying something (unlike today's Xbox360). Thanks a lot in advance! :)

Go to Amazon.com, wait for them to match everyone's prices. Buy what you want, go back to sleep. That's it really.

just put everything you want in the cart, then push refresh till the prices drop and checkout super quick

[quote name='mtxbass1']Go to Amazon.com, wait for them to match everyone's prices. Buy what you want, go back to sleep. That's it really.[/QUOTE]

Best advice right here. Amazon has fantastic deals and lately, they've been matching pretty much any decent deal so it should be even better this year.

Avoid Wal-Marts. They seem to have the craziest customers on Black Friday. A guy even died last year from all the carnage.

[quote name='mtxbass1']Go to Amazon.com, wait for them to match everyone's prices. Buy what you want, go back to sleep. That's it really.[/QUOTE]

:applause::applause: Second'd, third'd, etc, etc.

Don't bother with the silly crowds, OP. Just look for deals other times during the year when you won't have quite so much competition for deals and just get what you want then.

I've only done the Black Friday thing maybe three times in my lifetime and those three were enough for the rest of my life. Too many people(many of them more ignorant than the usual pushy shoppers), too little of the items on sale and just too much fuckin' hassle for my liking.

Even though it was a total pos, the last time I went out on a BF early in the morning I went out for an EMachine computer for $150. Suffice to say by the time the line got up by the front door, the people from the front of the line were coming out with 3-5 of these things EACH.:roll:

If you've ever run across a hoarder in your travels looking for deals during the rest of the year, those folks are nothing compared to the assholes on BF. Buy everything up, then Ebay that shit and try to get 2-5x what they paid. Thing is, those computers went for $70-90 at the most, since Ebay was flooded with them.

Going out on BF can be fun if you don't NEED anything. Nothing ruins it more than having something you HAVE to get as opposed to something you would LIKE. Best Buy and some others have things available online starting Thanksgiving day and I tend to order then. I go out on BF with some family and we grab a few things and have fun and then back home without a ton of aggravation.

I went out last year for BF i can offer this advice. Try to go shopping at 24 hr stores. So you dont have to wait out in the cold. Get there early in line if its some good special. AVOID WAL-MART I went there last year and it was end to end person. I can post pictures if you would like. But go out have fun. usally lots of good deals.

Can you really put stuff in your cart ahead of time and just check out when the sale starts at the lower price (for items that are NOT goldbox/lightning)?

[quote name='J7.']Can you really put stuff in your cart ahead of time and just check out when the sale starts at the lower price (for items that are NOT goldbox/lightning)?[/QUOTE]
Yes, worked like a charm last year. Keep it on the down-low, yeah?

[quote name='pulsar0510']Going out on BF can be fun if you don't NEED anything. Nothing ruins it more than having something you HAVE to get as opposed to something you would LIKE. Best Buy and some others have things available online starting Thanksgiving day and I tend to order then. I go out on BF with some family and we grab a few things and have fun and then back home without a ton of aggravation.[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with this. I did that last year. I picked up a few $5 dvd that weren't on my list, but I didn't mind owning.

Plus, it's fun to witness the decline of western civilization up close and personal.

Most of the Black Friday sales (excluding the door busters) are available online Thanksgiving day. The last two years I've done all my Black Friday shopping well before dinner.

Was on amazon at midnight the last couple of years; nothing beats it. Absolutely NOTHING. They will match or beat on just about anything you will want, and without 1/100th of the drama and hassle.

If you go to an actual store make sure to take someone with you. Have them run and jump in a line with a pack of bubble gum or something while you dash to get what you want and then hand the item off to them. Eliminates a lot of the waiting in line.

My strategy that has worked in the past: take note on turkey day of what is in the ads(or earlier on BFads.net or a similar site) then grab the ads and go out at like 10AM or later at Wal Mart and price match. Worked wonderfully for getting The Orange Box PC several years ago when BB had it for $25 on BF. I'd imaging they'd price match most games and small electronics.

[quote name='LordVila']If you go to an actual store make sure to take someone with you. Have them run and jump in a line with a pack of bubble gum or something while you dash to get what you want and then hand the item off to them. Eliminates a lot of the waiting in line.[/QUOTE]

I'd estimate around 90% of BF shoppers use that tactic. It's not really effective anymore.

Buy your items on ebay the next day cheaper because the site is flooded with people trying to unload their black friday stuff, collect cashback. Go on Amazon.com for what you want and buy it while the rest of the crowd is at the stores buying everything and anything they don't need.

Go garbage picking after the mad crowds leave (like after 3pm), seriously if you have a big mall or something nearby, people will ditch all sorts of stuff. Last year I found a perfectly good coat just sitting in a shopping cart in the parking lot of some store. It was obviously someone's old coat they ditched because they just bought a new one, but it was still perfectly good. You don't even have to dig in the garbage, just look on the ground or in abandoned carts, people drop stuff in the mad frenzy and often leave things behind in carts because they are in such a hurry to get to the next store.

I'll be sure to go out and search the parking lots for old used coats that people are leaving behind. Wait... what?

[quote name='SaraAB']

Go garbage picking after the mad crowds leave (like after 3pm), seriously if you have a big mall or something nearby, people will ditch all sorts of stuff. Last year I found a perfectly good coat just sitting in a shopping cart in the parking lot of some store. It was obviously someone's old coat they ditched because they just bought a new one, but it was still perfectly good. You don't even have to dig in the garbage, just look on the ground or in abandoned carts, people drop stuff in the mad frenzy and often leave things behind in carts because they are in such a hurry to get to the next store.[/QUOTE]

I could use a new-old coat. Thanks for the tip!

[quote name='pulsar0510']Going out on BF can be fun if you don't NEED anything. Nothing ruins it more than having something you HAVE to get as opposed to something you would LIKE. Best Buy and some others have things available online starting Thanksgiving day and I tend to order then. I go out on BF with some family and we grab a few things and have fun and then back home without a ton of aggravation.[/QUOTE]

This.

bread's done
Back