Pressing Right on my PSP-2000 D-Pad Doesn't Work

RchrdJ

CAGiversary!
So I have a PSP-2000 that I bought from EB Games/Gamestop last summer and a couple of weeks after it went out of warranty, it broke. The memory stick reader stopped working. So I had to tear it apart and solder a new memory card reader to the board. When I reassembled it, everything worked expect the right function on the d-pad. I wasn't using the PSP much, so I just threw it aside. Now with modnation racers coming up, I want to get back to PSP gaming.

So here's my question. Do I need to buy one of these to get the d-pad working again? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11472 or is there something else I should. Another possibility is selling my PSP, but I really don't want to have to go that far.

If any CAGs have experience repairing PSPs and have an answer for me, that would be great. I will probably just bite the bullet and order that d-pad conductor, it only costs $3.

You might just need a new rubber D-Pad conductor because maybe yours is stuck and doesnt actually hit the conductor thing , so maybe you just need this item here

I don't think it's that, that seems to be working fine. If I press my fingers on the conductor without the rubber thing, the up, down, and left still work, but not the right.

its either what chewbacca said, or the actual button isn't pressing down enough to have the rubber piece make contact with the rubber, which in turn touches the contact on the pc board.

bread's done
Back