pretty good deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkeSmokey21

CAGiversary!
I recently searched the web and found a great site for cheaper than normal games. I guess you have to be a retail employee but f it. go ahead and do it. Retail employees blow anyways.

good god, don't post that link. YOU HAVE TO WORK RETAIL! If you do not work @ retail, they will charge you full price.

Ugh, this will not end well.

[quote name='OkeSmokey21']ugh.. so what? its a deal nonetheless. if it takes a little lying then so be it. quit being a lil ho[/quote]

Uh, no, that's not the way this site works. They actually check to see if you work where you say you do. Quit trying to abuse the system.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='OkeSmokey21']ugh.. so what? its a deal nonetheless. if it takes a little lying then so be it. quit being a lil ho[/quote]

Uh, no, that's not the way this site works. They actually check to see if you work where you say you do. Quit trying to abuse the system.[/quote]

notice that he says he's in Chicago home of the crime :wink:

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='OkeSmokey21']ugh.. so what? its a deal nonetheless. if it takes a little lying then so be it. quit being a lil ho[/quote]

umm actually we get this "deal" all the time and it ONLY works if you work for MICROSOFT!!!![/quote]

No.. it works if you work at a retail store that sells Microsoft products.

What is it to you anyways? don't act like most of the CAGers here havent pulled shadiness to get a deal. I hope more people do it now.

I'm just curious, because you seem to be the first person to post stupid shit like "this is illegal" "this is wrong" whenever someone posts something shady, so this begs the question. Why does it matter to you what other people do so much? Is your day job being a cop or something? Or do you just get a rush off that fake feeling of authority?

EDIT: This is to Scorch be the way

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='OkeSmokey21']ugh.. so what? its a deal nonetheless. if it takes a little lying then so be it. quit being a lil ho[/quote]

umm actually we get this "deal" all the time and it ONLY works if you work for MICROSOFT!!!![/quote]

No.. it works if you work at a retail store that sells Microsoft products.[/quote]

oh, I thought it also works for micrsoft employees since my freands who work for microsoft get discounted games, well maybe that's another thing, anyhow the vast majority of CAGers aren't in on it.

[quote name='OkeSmokey21']What is it to you anyways? don't act like most of the CAGers here havent pulled shadiness to get a deal. I hope more people do it now.[/quote]

You don't get it, when they figure out you don't work where you say you work, they will charge you full price. And I don't think most CAGs are into shady practices, just an annoying, but unfortunately vocal, few.

Mods will remove the link from your post when they come on.

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm just curious, because you seem to be the first person to post stupid shit like "this is illegal" "this is wrong" whenever someone posts something shady, so this begs the question. Why does it matter to you what other people do so much? Is your day job being a cop or something? Or do you just get a rush off that fake feeling of authority?

EDIT: This is to Scorch be the way[/quote]

Talking to me?

Oh, edit. Yeah, me. Fake feeling of authority? What's to say I'm not a cop? (I'm not, by the way) I just catch threads on the front page and post "Illegal?" "Wrong?" etc because.. I dunno. It bugs me that posts regarding bootleg things, how to bootleg and whatnot get through.. I don't mean to seem like a dick when I reply, and if I do, I apologize.. I just hate discussions on illegal activity regarding game piracy. Especially when I own a ton of games and people are like "hey! download soandso here!", it just angers me. That and the fact that i'm between jobs leaves me with quite a bit of spare time. But since people are starting to fuss about it, I'll stop. Sorry.

[quote name='guessed'][quote name='OkeSmokey21']What is it to you anyways? don't act like most of the CAGers here havent pulled shadiness to get a deal. I hope more people do it now.[/quote]

You don't get it, when they figure out you don't work where you say you work, they will charge you full price. Go ahead, try it and see. And I don't think most CAGs are into shady practices, just an annoying, but unfortunately vocal, few.[/quote]

Try it and see? I've done it and IT WORKS.

[quote name='jimbodan']I'm just curious, because you seem to be the first person to post stupid shit like "this is illegal" "this is wrong" whenever someone posts something shady, so this begs the question. Why does it matter to you what other people do so much? Is your day job being a cop or something? Or do you just get a rush off that fake feeling of authority?

EDIT: This is to Scorch be the way[/quote]

Yippie that means my post bashing it ignored for the Day. :twisted:

[quote name='OkeSmokey21'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='OkeSmokey21']What is it to you anyways? don't act like most of the CAGers here havent pulled shadiness to get a deal. I hope more people do it now.[/quote]

You don't get it, when they figure out you don't work where you say you work, they will charge you full price. Go ahead, try it and see. And I don't think most CAGs are into shady practices, just an annoying, but unfortunately vocal, few.[/quote]

Try it and see? I've done it and IT WORKS.[/quote]

Perhaps you got away with fraud, then. I wouldn't recommend pushing your luck, but obviously I can't stop you. Hopefully most other people are not that dishonest.

Microsoft has been alerted

fd8e9290.jpg

[quote name='OkeSmokey21'][quote name='guessed'][quote name='OkeSmokey21']What is it to you anyways? don't act like most of the CAGers here havent pulled shadiness to get a deal. I hope more people do it now.[/quote]

Try it and see? I've done it and IT WORKS.[/quote]

they will check if you work there and you will end up having to pay full price. i can't wait until you get caught and they make you pay full price. with the crap us people in retail have to put up with (pretty much having to babysit kids half the time), we should at least get a little something for our low paying jobs (most low pay anyways). i hope a mod locks this soon too.

Out of curiousity, what is MS's reason for selling the games to retail employees at a low price? Is it in the hopes that after realizing how fun the games are they will push the games on consumers harder?

[quote name='wubb']Out of curiousity, what is MS's reason for selling the games to retail employees at a low price? Is it in the hopes that after realizing how fun the games are they will push the games on consumers harder?[/quote]

The idea being, retail employees take training on the site to learn about the games/hardware/etc to be better able to sell the product. In return for taking this training they get games for an extremely small amount of cash.

However, I do hope MS begins cracking down on asshats like the OP who abuse the offer. I'd love to see someone arrested for fraud over abuse of the retail training site.

And.. this is illegal, it needs locked, and the link needs erased.

who freaking cares leave the site up and let them charge the fools who tryto rip off Msn full price. Just be careful when you open the door never know when it might be bill gates coming to kick your ass for trying to rip him off :shock:

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='wubb']Out of curiousity, what is MS's reason for selling the games to retail employees at a low price? Is it in the hopes that after realizing how fun the games are they will push the games on consumers harder?[/quote]

The idea being, retail employees take training on the site to learn about the games/hardware/etc to be better able to sell the product. In return for taking this training they get games for an extremely small amount of cash.

However, I do hope MS begins cracking down on asshats like the OP who abuse the offer. I'd love to see someone arrested for fraud over abuse of the retail training site.

And.. this is illegal, it needs locked, and the link needs erased.[/quote]

Ah, so you have to go through web training and stuff to earn points towards cheap games? Makes sense. Does the training give reasons why Xbox is better than PS2 and GC? That could be funny stuff.

[quote name='wubb']Out of curiousity, what is MS's reason for selling the games to retail employees at a low price? Is it in the hopes that after realizing how fun the games are they will push the games on consumers harder?[/quote]

That's the exact reason. When I did retail many many years ago, M$ wanted people to learn the product and know the product so they could push the product. If you know it, you could recommend it honestly.

I'm sure the practice here is the same.

[quote name='wubb']Ah, so you have to go through web training and stuff to earn points towards cheap games? Makes sense. Does the training give reasons why Xbox is better than PS2 and GC? That could be funny stuff.[/quote]

One of my former co-workers works at BB, and he would get all types of insane rebates and discounts for doing online tests that vendors would set up for them to learn about the product.

He picked up a $225 rebate off of a cost-priced HP 945 digital camera, as one example. Another one was a Pentium 3.0C, an Intel 865 motherboard and a copy of Windows XP Pro for like $199.

I'm sure M$ is no different in this case.

[quote name='Cornfedwb']The idea being, retail employees take training on the site to learn about the games/hardware/etc to be better able to sell the product. In return for taking this training they get games for an extremely small amount of cash.

And.. this is illegal, it needs locked, and the link needs erased.[/quote]

Last time I checked, fraud was a crime, and this smells like fraud to me. For this guy, I think each game he purchsed illegally should be one count of fraud.

Better yet, have the person who's ID was given up as an accessory, if they gave it up willingly.

Someone should pull this link. People are going to get charged full price since they check your pay records to validate you are empoyeed via retail.

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='OkeSmokey21']ugh.. so what? its a deal nonetheless. if it takes a little lying then so be it. quit being a lil ho[/quote]

Uh, no, that's not the way this site works. They actually check to see if you work where you say you do. Quit trying to abuse the system.[/quote]

notice that he says he's in Chicago home of the crime :wink:[/quote]

What does living in Chicago have to do w/ the deal he posted? Does living in Chicago automatically constitute being labeled a criminal? Wow, thank you for one of the most ignorant statements of the year. It's about time you moved into 2004, Al Capone's been dead a long time :roll:

[quote name='OkeSmokey21']I recently searched the web and found a great site for cheaper than normal games. here's the link XXX--Link Removed By Mod--XXX I guess you have to be a retail employee but f it. go ahead and do it. Retail employees blow anyways.[/quote]wow dude thanks for the post, now hop in your time machine and go back to april and you might actully be contributing to the community XoD

kthnxdie

[quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Scorch']Microsoft has been alerted

fd8e9290.jpg
[/quote]

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:[/quote]

Thats great, frisk him for Halo 2 :rofl: :rofl:

[quote name='jaykrue'][quote name='zionoverfire'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='OkeSmokey21']ugh.. so what? its a deal nonetheless. if it takes a little lying then so be it. quit being a lil ho[/quote]

notice that he says he's in Chicago home of the crime :wink:[/quote]

What does living in Chicago have to do w/ the deal he posted? Does living in Chicago automatically constitute being labeled a criminal? Wow, thank you for one of the most ignorant statements of the year. It's about time you moved into 2004, Al Capone's been dead a long time :roll:[/quote]

Check the OP's location.

[quote name='pimp tyranny']as much as i'd love those prices, it would be hard to fake being an employee[/quote]

Don't decline to do it because it is difficult, decline to do it because it is fraud.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back