Preview image of Gears of War!

[quote name='Scorch']Wow! Looks great.

Hope the gameplay's fixed a bit.. it reminded me way too much of Kill.Switch.[/QUOTE]

I honestly thought I was the only one who was reminded of Kill.Switch.

Hope this fares better.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Yeah, I've seen those videos as well. The only thing so far that I have seen that bothers me is the blood animation. It just looks weird.[/QUOTE]

IDK about the animation. But the blood DOES look really really really thick.

[quote name='bluenatas09']I honestly thought I was the only one who was reminded of Kill.Switch.

Hope this fares better.[/QUOTE]
That's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the game being played at E3. I'm not really interested in the game though.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Not that hot of a screen IMO. Still hoping this turns out well.[/quote]

No suprise there.

I still can't shake the feeling that this will be overhyped and suck.. and I keep thinking that Rainbow Six: Vegas will look AMAZING but have the same gameplay style as Lockdown..

I guess it's better to keep thinking this way and not get hyped rather than say OMG BEST GAME EVER~! and count down the days.

Well I've heard people say this is a lot like Kill Switch and are afraid it may be the next Brute Force.

Well I loved both Kill Switch and Brute Force so...

COLOR ME EXCITED!

I also loved Brute Force. I have no regrets getting it the day it came out, and that summer my friends and I played it almost every night. The co-op mode was just so much fun.

I have good feelings about GoW, and think it will be a really fun fast FPS online.

some blurry ground textures there.. and what's going on in the distance, besides grey?

GoW=Hype

I'm not biting.

Well, from what I played of the game (30 minutes of multiplayer) it was pretty damn good. I'm not a shooter fan and it was pretty much my first time on the 360 controller since last E3, but the game was clean looked great and played equally as great. I could see this being the killer app they're hoping it to be, but I can also see it being another average shooter with good multiplayer. Either way, if they can match the visuals with the gameplay they've got a really good game to rival Halo. Oh, and the chainsaw at the end of your gun kicks so much ass!

[quote name='Redeema']Well, from what I played of the game (30 minutes of multiplayer) it was pretty damn good. I'm not a shooter fan and it was pretty much my first time on the 360 controller since last E3, but the game was clean looked great and played equally as great. I could see this being the killer app they're hoping it to be, but I can also see it being another average shooter with good multiplayer. Either way, if they can match the visuals with the gameplay they've got a really good game to rival Halo. Oh, and the chainsaw at the end of your gun kicks so much ass![/QUOTE]

:D I'm really glad to hear this. I hope they come out with a demo before summer is over.

I don't understand the fears about it being the next Brute Force. This ain't Digital Anvil people. It's motherfucking Epic Games.

Upon a second look, the screen-shot reminds me a lot of Perfect Dark Zero from a graphics standpoint. It seems to share that odd mixture of next-gen graphics in certain parts, and really bad graphics in others. Which results in a weird, blurry, paintbrush type effect like in PDZ.

This game looks better and better each time I see. I still have the two 1080p trailers they had for this game and there was a drastic improvement between the first and second. And now, this looks even better.

My only complain is the use of the Unreal Engine 3... Huxley, Unreal Tournament 3, and GoW all have that 'same-ish' look to them.

bread's done
Back