Previous Gen Games 75% Off Games at FYE YMMV

dvdguy

CAGiversary!
[FONT=Verdana, Arial]Just came from FYE where they had all their original Xbox games marked 75% off. Picked up 22 games for less than $70. It didn't seem like a local deal, as several bins around the store had preprinted 75% off signs posted on them.

One of the games I got, 50 Cent: Bulletproof actually has a current $5 off mail in rebate on it. I only paid $2.50 for it, so in the end they'll be paying me $2.50 to take it from them.

Here's a list of what I picked up, all for Xbox:

[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial]Total Overdose
Advent Rising
Stolen
King of Fighters: Maximum Impact Maniax
Mafia
Trigger Man
True Crime: New York City
Painkiller: Hell Wars
Dead to Rights II
Rogue Ops
Project Snowblind
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Rogue Trooper
BeatDown: Fists of Vengeance
Spy Hunter: Nowhere to Run
Run Like Hell
The Warriors
50 Cent: Bulletproof
Voodoo Vince
Galleon
Fight Club
Oddworld: Strangers Wrath

There were a handful of GBA and Gamecube games in the bin, but it was mostly Xbox.
[/FONT]

OP, thanks for the notice however please specify. Is it 75% off ALL games or 75% off XBox, Gamecube, and GBA games. If it's the latter, please edit your title to reflect this.

Edit: Looks like you edited and confirmed. Thanks!

I work at FYE, and as of today, the 50% off Gamecube, GBA, and Xbox games stopped ringing in automatically at the register. This can either mean the clearance is ending, or the clearance is changing over to something new. It's possible that it'll be a nation-wide drop to 75%. The company really wants to do away with old games, and at the store at which I work, we still have a ton.

PS2 won't be included, though.

Nice, if you can find it.
My FYE cleared out their game section about eight months ago--I was able to get 2 MS points cards for half off, so that was nice. Everything else they had left at that time was crap I wouldn't take if they paid me.

[quote name='Maromi']I work at FYE, and as of today, the 50% off Gamecube, GBA, and Xbox games stopped ringing in automatically at the register. This can either mean the clearance is ending, or the clearance is changing over to something new. It's possible that it'll be a nation-wide drop to 75%. The company really wants to do away with old games, and at the store at which I work, we still have a ton.

PS2 won't be included, though.[/quote]

Thanks for the update. FYE is horrible at pricing used merchandise in a competitive fashion. Their shelves are full of nice games, with prices that were reasonable two years ago...or worse.

[quote name='chimpster1313']so wait, this is NOT ymmv, is that what i'm understanding here?[/QUOTE]

Actually, check out the post above yours. The games are no longer automatically ringing at the register. So it is YMMV. The cashier will have to manually adjust the price down to 75% off if that store has signs up to that effect.

What about PSOne games? My local FYE has bundles of 2 or 3 PSOne games which have been sitting there for years.

[quote name='dragonjud']Thanks for the update. FYE is horrible at pricing used merchandise in a competitive fashion. Their shelves are full of nice games, with prices that were reasonable two years ago...or worse.[/quote]

Yeah, even sealed games. We still have 2 copies of Metroid Prime 2 for $49.99; they've been there as long as I have. And the thing that sucks is that--at least at our store--the used games do not qualify for the 50% off. New only. Our corporate sucks.

Unfortunately, I only work one day a week now that I have another job, or I could keep people more posted. :/

I went into FYE the last time this sale was posted on here and they had NOTHING, no discounts off anything and their prices were outrageous. I scanned a few games at the self scanner and they didn't even come up as in the system. No signs anywhere either but still a few previous-gen games left at the store. I have went there during other FYE sales that have been posted on here as well even the ones that were marked as not YMMV and this store has not participated in any of the sales.

Sale is only 50% off new Xbox or GC games in the Georgetown (DC) store, and there was almost zero selection. Unless you like Geist. In which case there were eleventy of those for $9.99.

ALpharetta GA location was a shitfest. No good games, and the clerk had no idea what i was talking about. She rang a GCN game (preowned) and it came up full price.

YMMV, fo' sho.

Checked Riverdale Utah store tonight. Only 50% off new Gamecube, Xbox, and GBA games. Selection wasn't very good. Oh and they had a 90% off bin but it only had 5 year old sports titles in it.

My local FYE has had signs up for 50% off this stuff for a while and the only thing worthwhile I could find was a new copy of Viewtiful Joe 2 or Gamecube marked at $9.99. I figure 5 bucks, why not? I brought it to the register and it rang up as $2.50, came to $2.43 after tax + Backstage Pass. So some of your stores might be like mine, where they never get around to putting the signs up. Now if only I had the first one to play first. Thinking about it now for 75% off, I might go back and pick up some games I was iffy about thinking it was 50% off.

No games at the FYE I went to today, however, Clearance was 75% off, will check the large one tomorrow which has a large game selection and a huge arcade (has about 4-6 marvel vs Capcom 2 machines in it).

My FYE was only 50% but so i was reluctant about getting a ton of games but i found Baten Kaitos Origins for the GCN so i picked it up for $10.

They wouldn't honor used games even though they were in the bin that said all XBox, GCN, GBA and PSX games were 75% off. I did pick up Unreal II for XBox for $2.50 and $5 rebate printed out, also got Halo 1 for $2.50 and Outlaw Golf 2 for $2.00

75% off going on at the Trumbull Mall store in ct.
The only worthwhile thing I found was Panzer Dragoon Orta for $5. Now I need an Xbox to play it...

Though, they also had a Buy2Get1 going on on all used merchandise, it seems. I took up Otogoi I and II thinking they'd be part of the deal (for some ridiculous reason they are not), and the cashier let me know. So that might be useful for some people.

Still 50% off at one of the local stores I went to. Signage anyway. I didn't bother scanning anything since they had a piss poor selection.

75% off for me.. I picked up 5 Xbox games for $15, $5 with my gift card I had, might go back tomorow and try and pick up some more. I was tempted to buy FIFA Street, Mafia, Arena Football, and a few others at $2 a pop.

Beyond Good and Evil
Unreal II
Mechassault 2
XIII
Metal Slug 3

All are sealed except BG&E. I'm wondering if I should just leave them in the packaging.. I currently have a huge 360 backlog to play.

Somebody bought up all the good GBA games at the local FYE even though the signage was still showing 50% off. Just some crappy XBox and Gamecube games left to pick from now.

I picked up Baten Kaitos Origins (GCN) for $5 and Viewtiful Joe 2 (GCN) for $2.50....

apparently, my FYE said only 75% off of NEW games, and it was a discount off of the full sticker price. Games that had already been discounted weren't given the additional 75% off...

[quote name='wil919']Games that had already been discounted weren't given the additional 75% off...
smile.gif
[/quote]
It usually works like that doesn't it..?

I already checked the FYE's in the Stroud Mall in Stroudsburg, the Steamtown Mall in Scranton and the Wyoming Valley Mall in Wilkes-Barre(all in PA) and they had nothing really GOOD left already.

Mind you, my Xbox is packed away anyway, so I wouldn't be playing any of these and would just be getting them for 'the collection', which is something I don't do anymore.

[quote name='jaysapathy']A (re)post of my thread? Did I miss something? :cry:[/QUOTE]

You may want to check the dates. This one was posted first ;)

Your thread should probably be merged with this one as there's no need for two different threads on the same deal.

Checked the FYE in Crossgates mall -- 75% off, but the selection consisted of terrible XBox games. I did manage to pick up Geist for $2.50, though.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Checked Riverdale Utah store tonight. Only 50% off new Gamecube, Xbox, and GBA games. Selection wasn't very good. Oh and they had a 90% off bin but it only had 5 year old sports titles in it.[/quote]

Were you the brown haired guy putting up a stink at the register? :D

Rang in just fine for me, 75% off as long as it had the yellow "NEW" sticker.
Orem FYE is pretty much cleaned out.

[quote name='Slim Gatsby']Xbox games rang up 75% off, GameCube and GBA games supposedly on sale too, but PS2 was excluded, unfortunately.[/quote]

Technically, the PS2 is still a system with some life left in it, so that's why those games are excluded.

Mind you, my local stores don't have anything even vaguely resembling rarer titles for sale for ANY system at this point, so if anyone around me was considering making a run for copies of Marvel vs. Capcom 2 for Xbox or PS2, don't bother.

I was going to pick up a game for the original Xbox, but then I realized that I pretty much never play it anymore and I would just be taking up more space.

About the only game I would want for the Xbox still would be Steel Battalion, but NONE of the GS stores around here have a copy. The closest one is EASILY an hour's drive and the game is still $49.99 for the bundle. Then again, look at what comes with it, I suppose.

Once again, NOT happening at FYE in Fairoaks mall. Spyral (that dragon game), rings up 40 bucks!! :censored:

Employees were damn hard on believing this promotion does not exists!

[quote name='ITDEFX']Once again, NOT happening at FYE in Fairoaks mall. Spyral (that dragon game), rings up 40 bucks!! :censored:

Employees were damn hard on believing this promotion does not exists![/quote]

You mean Spyro, right? As has been said though, I believe the 75% is on NEW games and not used though. Although, from the signage I saw at the Stroud Mall about 3-4 weeks ago, it was on ALL prior gen stuff(excluding PS2, of course).

I stopped by the FYE in Ridgewood, Queens. Crap selection but I was able to get MLB Slugfest 2006 for the Xbox for $ 5.42 NEW.

Decent deal considering that game has been on my buy list for a year now.

[quote name='PR Mega X']Checked the FYE in Crossgates mall -- 75% off, but the selection consisted of terrible XBox games. I did manage to pick up Geist for $2.50, though.[/quote]
Weird to see someone posting about the albany area, haha. I was thinking of stopping by there sometime next weekend (my dad wanted to go to that fleet feet store to get some new running shoes), but now I guess I'll steer clear. Maybe rotterdam will have a solid collection. Thanks for the heads up.

:edit: How about that coconuts place at stuyvesant plaza? That might be worth checking out if I'm in the area.

I love playing these old xbox games with some friends. Great fun at a cheap price. I've gotta start building up my collection a bit.

bread's done
Back