Prey

GenghisJohn

CAGiversary!
Hey guys, just browsing around Ebay and I saw I could get a copy of Prey for like $10-15. I played the demo and it was pretty good.

Do you guys think it's worth the cash?

Its maybe worth 10 bucks. The single player is short but sweet, and the multi-player was meh andI bet its dead by now. Id say you could probly beat it over a weekend.

Don't pay more than $10 bucks for it. I found myself getting bored with the single player very quickly. I remember the multiplayer was laggy as hell too, but it wasn't that great anyway IMO.

I just played through the single player game and thought it was pretty slick. There are some very neat environmental effects, especially near the end of the game and the gameplay isn't too bad either. The only downside I really found is that there is literally no way to die and thus the game is incredibly easy to beat. I only played multiplayer once and it was not very exciting (and was pretty damn laggy).

I think it's worth $10, I loved the single-player game, the multiplayer isn't great and you'll be lucky to get a game online.

It isn't very long but well worth a play through IMO.

I got the game for 20 and I think its good yet to finish the single player game, but I dig the multi-player even though its laggy and no one plays.

I just picked up Prey Collector's Edition from Best Buy for $14.99. I wanted to make sure this game was worth that price before I open it. I do enjoy first person shooters, like Halo or Call of Duty. I have heard some positive reviews, and some really horrible ones. Can anyone give me some advice here? Is there online multiplayer or co-op (online co-op maybe?) Is this a 4 hour game I will never touch again, or a 15+ hours game that will keep me goin for a few weeks.

Thanks guys. I know its $15, but I just bought Halo 3 and Phoenix Wright and a few DVD's, so I am trying to save money where possible. Unless Prey kicks fucking ass. Then its $15 well spent.

I thought it was really fun, and it does have a multiplayer. No co-op AFAIK.

Could of been better for 5+ years of development, but it was still really fun.

Nobody plays the multiplayer.

Single player is worth playing atleast once. Coulda been better like Mooky said though.

I'd say its a 7 hour game you'll never play again.. unless you've got nothing to play.

Prey was nothing revolutionary but it did have a few unique quirks and I found it to be worthy of the 8-10 hours it took to beat. The portal and gravity technology are pretty slick (although absolutely primitive compared to the recently released Portal). The guns and combat are pretty standard for a FPS and the atmosphere is pretty creepy. There is some puzzle solving involving spirit walking and gravity (or whatever it is called, I forget) but it is pretty simplistic for the most part.

The only really big gripe I had with the game was the difficulty... you can basically be high on meth, a quadrapoligic, mentally retarded AND in a deep REM sleep and still beat the game with ease. This is mostly due to the fact that you basically cannot die other than a small 15 second break you are forced to take upon your life reaching 0.

I tried multiplayer once and could only find 1 game going with 1 person in it and it wasnt really that entertaining (although I prefer my multiplayer FPS games on my PC).

Thats why you always rent, or buy games when they first come out. The multiplayer was pretty fun... I rented it, and it was pretty fun standing on the ceiling when people came into the room... my only qualm with it, was that it was very fast paced like Quake, and it was pretty hard to really enjoy without having a loyal addiction to uppers.

[quote name='Mookyjooky']Thats why you always rent, or buy games when they first come out. The multiplayer was pretty fun... I rented it, and it was pretty fun standing on the ceiling when people came into the room... my only qualm with it, was that it was very fast paced like Quake, and it was pretty hard to really enjoy without having a loyal addiction to uppers.[/quote]

Considering it would cost me $8 to rent, and $15 to buy, thsi is one of those time I have to go on everyone else's opinions.

Well thanks CAGs for the thoughts, I will go through it and have some fun doing so. I heard this was a good game to play at 1am on a rainy night with the lights out and the surround sound up...so next rainy night = a Prey night.

Thanks again for the help.

[quote name='soccerstud652']
Well thanks CAGs for the thoughts, I will go through it and have some fun doing so. I heard this was a good game to play at 1am on a rainy night with the lights out and the surround sound up...so next rainy night = a Prey night.
[/QUOTE]

Are you sure they weren't talking about Condemned? :)

I enjoyed Prey. I think it was a solid single player experience. Decent story, and had a pretty good twist towards the end.

Nothing revolutionary, but better than average. I'd say it is worth $15. They are working on a sequel which I will check out.

I just opened it and the disc is packaged like Halo 3. Its all fucking scratched up. It was the last copy at mY BB. What the fuck am I going to do? Is it worth calling MS or 2K games? fucking nigger balls.

Collector's Edition bites again. This is the top notch of shitty packaging. It rapes Halo 3. Mine was like that and it played fine. Try it out. If it doesn't work, go yell at Best Buy.

[quote name='Kendal']Collector's Edition bites again. This is the top notch of shitty packaging. It rapes Halo 3. Mine was like that and it played fine. Try it out. If it doesn't work, go yell at Best Buy.[/quote]

I went to another Best Buy. They exchanged the disc of mine for a new sealed normal edtion, so now I have both! :bouncy:

[quote name='nickmad']i finally picked up a copy on amazon for 12 bucks. i cant believe i waited this long to play this game.[/quote]
your wallet thanks you, and -bonus- it's the exact same game :) minus a MP following

I agree with everyone. I ended up picking up Prey for I think $12 in a cd shop. I loved the single player, thought the story was great.

While I agree the difficulty could use a little help I know the minute that I had finished the game I hopped online to see what kind of info I could find out about Prey 2.

[quote name='velvet396']your wallet thanks you, and -bonus- it's the exact same game :) minus a MP following[/QUOTE]

haha. :D
i honestly was never that interested in Prey MP. how is it...or was it when people played?

[quote name='PyroGamer']If Prey multiplayer was worth playing online, then people would still be playing it.[/QUOTE]

thanks asshat.

[quote name='PyroGamer']That was totally uncalled for.[/QUOTE]

i was actually looking for a non-sarcastic answer.

back on topic..

[quote name='nickmad']i was actually looking for a non-sarcastic answer.[/QUOTE]
1. I wasn't being sarcastic.
2. This board isn't here to cater to your every want and desire, and when you run around calling people "asshats" for no good reason people become less than inclined to do so. Try not treating people like shit and you might have a better experience... hell, if you're not the complete egoist you act like maybe you'd be pleased to see that everyone else would too.
3. You must be a really charming in real life.

[quote name='PyroGamer']1. I wasn't being sarcastic.
2. This board isn't here to cater to your every want and desire, and when you run around calling people "asshats" for no good reason people become less than inclined to do so. Try not treating people like shit and you might have a better experience... hell, if you're not the complete egoist you act like maybe you'd be pleased to see that everyone else would too.
3. You must be a really charming in real life.[/QUOTE]

get ready for the greatest internet comeback.....
IGNORE.

btw, i am charming in real life....a regular prince fucking charming.

Friday nights are the CAG FPS night. We usually play Halo 3 now that it is out and a lot of people think it is awesome to play multiplayer on Live. I am one of those. I would play Prey for a bit if we can get a good room.

I might be on in a bit to play. Not really sure, I might finish re-reading Monster Island or watch The Omega Man, but I thought I'd throw a heads up here to anyone I know or who wants to send me a friend request to play me.

bread's done
Back