Price Drop - Logitech Wii Wireless Keyboard $19.99 (was $29.99)

jeff0514

CAGiversary!
Just noticed this at Gamestop. Unfortunately, I purchased one about a week ago at the old price. Hopefully I can get a price adjustment. I like mine so far... great for the Wii Opera web browser.

[quote name='jeff0514']Just noticed this at Gamestop. Unfortunately, I purchased one about a week ago at the old price. Hopefully I can get a price adjustment. I like mine so far... great for the Wii Opera web browser.[/QUOTE]

nice find, but a link would be helpful

[quote name='megacity_olu']This is a bluetooth keyboard right? So it should also work for a PS3.[/QUOTE]

No, that would make too much sense. It's non-bluetooth 2.4GHz wireless with a USB dongle.

[quote name='Squarehard']nice find, but a link would be helpful[/QUOTE]

BEHOLD

Decent price. I just wish I had use of a keyboard for the Wii. I'm not typing stuff often enough to need one on the Wii. Maybe when/if it hits $10.

[quote name='Nirron']BEHOLD

Decent price. I just wish I had use of a keyboard. I'm not typing stuff often enough to need one. Maybe when/if it hits $10.[/QUOTE]

I agree. If the Opera browser is ever updated this product might be a little more useful. Still a decent price but $9.99 would be more acceptable considering the lack of capabilities of using the internet on the Wii. We need the flash updated!

I saw this today and thought $19.99 was a good price. However I wasn't positive it would work with a PC, etc and the employee said he didn't think it did so I decided to wait. Amazon reviews indicate it does so I plan on going back for this tomorrow.

For those wondering if it works with the PS3, the answer is Yes. It does work with the PS3, I picked it up when it first came out at $50 for Animal Crossing and I've been using it on my PS3 more than the Wii.

What can you even use this for? Other than the browser, and maybe Animal Crossing, I can't think of what games or applications would even use a keyboard.

I have this (payed $30 for mine, if I recall correctly) and it is great if you play Animal Crossing City Folk online. Also works great with the Opera browser, of course, but we don't use that Opera browser much. I wish more games supported text chat. You can also use it with a Mac or PC, but it is missing some keys such as "Command" for the Mac. You can work around that with remapping software, though.

[quote name='acyw13']any special keys on it that normal wireless keyboard doesn't have ?[/QUOTE]

Yes. It has zoom in/out keys that are useful for the browser, and there are some others I'm forgetting at the moment.... The special keys are just map to keyboard shortcuts/combinations, really. I can't remember what they map to, but for example the zoom in and out keys map to whatever combination the Opera browser uses for that feature. When I had it hooked up to my Mac I changed the keyboard shortcuts on the Mac (via Keyboard system preferences) so the zoom in/out keys worked with Mac OS X's zoom in/out feature. That was pretty cool when using our old iMac hooked up to our TV.

This is a great keyboard. I bought it when it first came out for $50 and use it every day. It is the perfect size, and sleek. Hard to explain until you've tried it. I usually go with cheaper peripherals, but this one was worth the upgrade for the quality and durability of the product. Logitech didn't cut any corners on this one.

[quote name='olde_english']I bought one on Monday at $20, and I'm very happy with it. Still $32 on Amazon as well...[/QUOTE]
Hopefully amazon adjusts the price soon as well (assuming, it's a general/permanent price drop).
Using the 50% off coupon would then make it $10 shipped with prime :whee:.

I have mainly used it so far for the Opera browser, mainly for watching YouTube on my TV. Works great if you're trying to type in certain things to search for on YouTube.

i just picked one up today... it is a nice keyboard. it should work on the pc or ps3 aswell. it should go well with my white ps3, even though the keyboard says wii on it, lol. i like the soft touch on the keys, it doesn't make a lot of noise when you type.

bread's done
Back