Price drops at the atlus store

Thanks for the info. Damn, I was hoping Metal Saga and Steambot would drop a little lower. Guess I am going to have to wait a little longer until I pick 'em up.

Stella Deus isn't even worth a 4th of that price.

[quote name='kitlink']
PS2 Steamboat Chronicles $29.99
PS2 Metal Saga $29.99[/QUOTE]

Yep, I knew this would happen, was just a matter of time.

Got a feeling this will go universal at EB / GS soon and they'll end up being $24.99 used.

[quote name='briansraregames']Hmm, I would buy Samurai Western, but alas I've been blacklisted by Atlus and they won't sell to me...too bad.[/QUOTE]
what did you do?

It is too bad the drop didnt happen earlier, as it would rock with B2G1 free at TRU

Good to know. I just spent $50 on Steambot Chronicles at TRU B2G1F sale. I planned to exchange it for Splinter Cell: DA anyway, but now I'm going to try even harder to make sure it gets done... if my darn TRU gets the game in already!

[quote name='DefJeff']
Stella Deus isn't even worth a 4th of that price.[/quote]

Really? I was looking forward to getting that one...

Atelier iris 2 also dropped to $29.99

I bought Samurai Western for $10 at TRU last year, played the crap out of it, got stuck on Insane, and sold it to EB for like $12.
...I may just pick it up again.

[quote name='62t']what did you do?
[/quote]I'm gonna guess it has something to do with their Disgaea sale... but that's only a guess.

[quote name='kitlink']
PS2 Steamboat Chronicles $29.99
PS2 Metal Saga $29.99[/QUOTE]

I hope these are official price drops.... if so, I hope TRU drop the price this week cuz I want these 2 and B2G1F would be awesome.

[quote name='paean']I hope these are official price drops.... if so, I hope TRU drop the price this week cuz I want these 2 and B2G1F would be awesome.[/QUOTE]
I think TRU only do price drop on monday.

So I'm assuming by the sound of the previous posts that these prices will be the same in stores when they update prices?

Because my BB has a few copies of Samurai Western left, and I've wanted to try it out.

[quote name='DefJeff']Stella Deus isn't even worth a 4th of that price.[/quote]
Depends on what you want out of the game I suppose. It totally raped me of my free time once I got into the crafting aspect of it...turns out you can make weapons that are stronger than what the shops are selling you with the current dungeon loot you find. The penalty is their weight encumbrance so all my battles turned into this:

Move one square > enemy runs toward me > move one square > enemy reaches me and attacks for minimal damge > attack enemy for massive crablike damage > repeat

Also the characters have some wonderful combo attacks.

[quote name='v0yce']Because my BB has a few copies of Samurai Western left, and I've wanted to try it out.[/QUOTE]

I'd recommend it, for that price. A good, cheap action game. With iaijutsu.

Edit: How long do you think it'll take Steambot to drop lower? I am interested in it, and I certainly don't want to miss out...

Yeah, I actually beat Stella Deus myself when it first came out. I think I logged in around 100hrs to it, but ironically I just found the whole game incredibly tedious and boring. I hate the fact that once I start a game, good or bad, I just refuse to put it down until I am done with it. :)

I kinda forget what my main problem with it was, but I think it had to do with only being able to level up in the Catacombs or something? Every floor looked exactly the same as did the enemies.

[quote name='DefJeff']Yeah, I actually beat Stella Deus myself when it first came out. I think I logged in around 100hrs to it, but ironically I just found the whole game incredibly tedious and boring. I hate the fact that once I start a game, good or bad, I just refuse to put it down until I am done with it. :)

I kinda forget what my main problem with it was, but I think it had to do with only being able to level up in the Catacombs or something? Every floor looked exactly the same as did the enemies.[/quote]
Yeah, the whole generic character thing did get a little old. Like I said though, once I found I could craft a new, better piece of armor it suddenly became my mission to make one for each of my party members. It was an incredible time sink and that, along with my previous addiction to Dark Cloud 2's weapon creation system is precisely why I stay away from MMO's...I don't think I'd ever be able to pull myself away...

Still, if looking strictly at an hours per dollar ratio, it handily met its quota.

yep im probly like 1/4 into stella deus and find it pretty boring. Im probably gonna just table it and play another srpg or something

[quote name='cranguy']I'm gonna guess it has something to do with their Disgaea sale... but that's only a guess.[/QUOTE]
That's probably a good guess when you look at his user title.

[quote name='SeemslikeTrav']How is Galleon, anyway?[/QUOTE]

It's fun, plays like Prince of Persia though not nearly that good. It looks like an average Dreamcast game though (which it originally was planned to be). I sold my old copy a while ago so I bought a new one with this deal. It's only $1 shipping, by the way.

[quote name='cranguy']I'm gonna guess it has something to do with their Disgaea sale... but that's only a guess.[/quote]
Condensed version:

you could say that.

[quote name='kitlink']PS2 Steamboat Chronicles $29.99[/QUOTE]
I've always wanted to play a game that accurately portrays life on a steamboat. On a serious note, I might actually buy this game. Hope not too many people paid more than this in the TRU sale.

[quote name='schuerm26']horrible.[/quote]

I loved the game. One of my favorite action adventure titles that year, and way underappreciated/underrated. Definitely worth the asking price.

samurai western is removed from the main links, but browsing through another link its there for 29.99 and can be added for paypal checkout...booo

[quote name='cranguy']I'm gonna guess it has something to do with their Disgaea sale... but that's only a guess.[/quote]
So, he was one of those ebay ninjas that Atlus was talking about...

Didn't see anybody mention Super Army War... In case somebody's wondering I personally think it's worth the $10. It's an addictive but short and simple action game... I found myself surprisingly entertained by it.

On the other hand, I found Snowboard Kids virtually unplayable. It's one of the only Atlus games I regret buying, and I buy pretty much all of them. (I did pay full price at release for it...maybe at $10 I wouldn't be so bitter.)

The Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner + Strategy Guide seems like a decent deal, and the game is excellent. I'm about 13 hours in and am loving it.

[quote name='Bazz']I use to love Snowboard Kids on N64 I may pick that up.[/quote]
Snowboard kids was AWESOME on N64 multiplayer. Got SBK at launch for like $30-35. Big mistake. Its alright but doesnt have the magic of the older titles.

[quote name='SeemslikeTrav']How is Galleon, anyway?[/QUOTE]

I played a demo. It looks really, really ugly but it was fun. I think it's worth the $5. The voice acting was top-notch too (only because I'm a Michael Bell whore.)

I'd get it if my XBOX wasn't toast.

[quote name='eau']So, he was one of those ebay ninjas that Atlus was talking about...[/quote]

Is there a thread about this?

[quote name='paean']I hope these are official price drops.... if so, I hope TRU drop the price this week cuz I want these 2 and B2G1F would be awesome.[/quote]

TRU does generally only do price drops on Monday, but is pretty much always late compared to other retail stores. Expect those games to drop everywhere else first.

[quote name='briansraregames']Not one of, THE.[/quote]
You should consider changing your username to ebayninja :)

[quote name='eau']So, he was one of those ebay ninjas that Atlus was talking about...[/QUOTE]

To reiterate what crashpanda asked, yeah, what is the deal behind this? Thread? Linky?

[quote name='Spruce']Yeah, the whole generic character thing did get a little old. Like I said though, once I found I could craft a new, better piece of armor it suddenly became my mission to make one for each of my party members. It was an incredible time sink and that, along with my previous addiction to Dark Cloud 2's weapon creation system is precisely why I stay away from MMO's...I don't think I'd ever be able to pull myself away...

Still, if looking strictly at an hours per dollar ratio, it handily met its quota.[/quote]

The whole alchemy process was annoying as hell. There should have been a little "quick brew" option that would let you buy and combine the items needed to reproduce a slick piece of equipment after you created it the first time. That would have saved me hours...and hours...and hours...all spent creating those nice rank 16 pieces of hardware.

[quote name='SDC']With iaijutsu.[/QUOTE]

Sort of an overstatement ;)

Yeah, it ain't bad for a sword version of "Gungrave" -- far better than the totally crappy "Gungrave Overdose."

[quote name='TahoeMax']The whole alchemy process was annoying as hell. There should have been a little "quick brew" option that would let you buy and combine the items needed to reproduce a slick piece of equipment after you created it the first time. That would have saved me hours...and hours...and hours...all spent creating those nice rank 16 pieces of hardware.[/quote]

I completely agree. This alone is the reason I did not even finish the second one.

bread's done
Back