***~~~PRICE DROPS~~~*** Handheld Bundle and PC Master Race Components

I'd say file a police report that you got ripped off as long as you can prove he lied about it, or take him to small claims court, or go on Judge Joe Brown.

Sorry to hear about your loss... It is ultimately your own fault though for (a) not doing your "homework" and just trusting what the seller told you, and (b) for buying an underpowered and grossly overpriced "iCrap" device. That doesnt mean that the guy that sold you that thing wasnt a dick though...he obviously knew what he was selling you, and knew that it wasnt worth what he was asking or else he wouldnt have gotten all pissed off at you when you questioned him about a refund. There is a sucker born every minute is the old saying, that and buyer beware. Sorry bro. (You could call the local police department and see what they say, since the seller outright lied to you to sell you the device...but they may tell you to take it to small claims court, which may be your only option.)

You could have probably built a comparable PC for half the price of what you paid (if not even less)...although it wouldnt have been a Mac because Apple locks their hardware/software down, so you cant save money and build yourself one (which is BS IMHO)...or upgrade it after you buy it - you know, the normal things you would do with a PC. But its Apple and they must lock things down to maximize profits at the behest of users...gold-diggers.

Sorry to have to say this, but iMacs are pretty-much worthless to literate computer users (the only people I see using Macs are students who dont know any better, and beatnicks who think they are god's gift to man-kind). Sure, someone will probably argue with me on that...but it is true for the most part. There is no reason to own a Mac unless you like paying more for less computer...and that is beside the fact that the majority of software that is developed is for the PC platform because that is where the vast majority of the user-base is (hence the reason people have to use bootcamp to run Windows to play games or run software they want, or port games themselves to MacOS because publishers dont care to). Basically, hardcore computer users tend to prefer PC because they can build & upgrade their own rig and not have to settle for an underpowered and overpriced device that wont do what they want.

Apple is riding the success of their iPhone/iPad and using that to help push their computer sales, and to the computer illiterate consumer, the sad part is that they probably think they are getting a great deal on a shiny new device...but all they are getting is the shinyness with little to no substance IMHO.

Good luck selling it, hopefully you can find another computer illiterate person to sell it to...or someone who will take pity on you and take that device off your hands.

Guess what there are many computer users that don't use anything outside of Office, Web browser, a few games and media player. For them a mac is more than enough and you never have to worry about virus. The resale value is also a lot better than any PC.

Like other said small claim court. If he does anything physical to you call the cops.

Do something about this guy, what he did was pretty low.

I don't know if telling him you'll take him to small claims court if he doesn't refund you is a good idea or not, but maybe the idea of it will scare him into giving you your money back?

I know iMacs are overpriced. And how am I supposed to do homework on this? The guy told me what was in the computer so I believed him. If a car salesman tells you the number of horsepower in a car, that's what you expect it to be. I can't take to him to small claims court because he'll just win on the grounds that I picked it up and paid and saw no problem until I got home. I didn't get a miserable deal on it or anything. Pretty average and close to market value, the fucker just lied to me. I'd like to just sell it at a small loss and get it out of here.

For future reference, all you gotta do is click on the Apple icon in the menu bar and select "About This Mac." It will immediately tell you the CPU and RAM. Click "More Info..." to see the HDD, video card, etc.

Not trying to be a smart ass. I'm sorry you got scammed. But to be honest, you weren't totally ripped off. The iMac is maybe worth $900 so it isn't like you gave away $1000, it is still a good computer.

aboutthismac1.jpg

[quote name='baz8771']I know iMacs are overpriced. And how am I supposed to do homework on this? The guy told me what was in the computer so I believed him. If a car salesman tells you the number of horsepower in a car, that's what you expect it to be. I can't take to him to small claims court because he'll just win on the grounds that I picked it up and paid and saw no problem until I got home. I didn't get a miserable deal on it or anything. Pretty average and close to market value, the fucker just lied to me. I'd like to just sell it at a small loss and get it out of here.[/QUOTE]

did you save copies of the CL post? Because you didnt get what you paid for.

I see you have Pikmin :D

I lost my Pikmin a long time ago, does yours come with the booklet? what is the condition of the disc and the case?

bread's done
Back