Price drops on EA madden, NHL, and NBA

Funny thing is, EA sent survey out about football games and prices on sports games. Sega must have hurt them more then they are admitting. myabe not in football sales, but basketball and hockey.

Yeah, Sega/TakeTwo planted one hell of a seed by dropping the ESPN line to 20 bucks.

Bravo, EA, you just shoved your Gucci shoe-wearing foot into your mouth.

Did anyone take this survey? It asked alot about ESPN2K5 and Madden 05, pricing, graphics and gameplay. How likely you would buy it based at set price ranges or pairing Madden with NFL Street for free.

The whole $20 ESPN line has definitely changed sports video games. When you think about it though, shouldn't sports games cost less anyway? Come on there isn't THAT much of a difference from each year to the next year's game. Unless it's switching consoles.

[quote name='reallybigafro']that's just crazy cause i remember when they said they don't need to drop their prices because their game is supperior[/quote]

Indeed. I enjoy seeing EA eat their words.

Anyone got sales numbers on ESPN vs EA? I know the NFL games were surprisingly close after September but never saw anything on the NHL/NBA battles.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='yeldarb367']Tiger 05 here I come.[/quote]

It hasn't been lowered, just NFL, NBA, and NHL.[/quote]

Good, cause I just bought Tiger Woods 2005 a few weeks ago, and I would have been pissed if it just dropped so quickly.

[quote name='CrashSpyro123'][quote name='yeldarb367']Tiger 05 here I come.[/quote]

It hasn't been lowered, just NFL, NBA, and NHL.[/quote]
Damn. I rushed to judgment and thought it was all EA 05 games. I can hold out a little longer. I expect the others will follow with a drop soon.

this is why even ESPN haters should thank sega and the 2k games. If it wasn't for them the kids would still be paying 50 bucks for their games.

"Anyone got sales numbers on ESPN vs EA? I know the NFL games were surprisingly close after September but never saw anything on the NHL/NBA battles. "

I have not seen any sales numbers but EB specifically mentioned the ESPN sports games as one of the main factors in the company having a huge third quarter.

meh, i can wait a few more months for when they are clearanced to $3 apiece. It really is beyond me why people fall for this every year, these games are sure to line the bargain bins within 6-8 months when the next year's versions come out.

[quote name='dracula']meh, i can wait a few more months for when they are clearanced to $3 apiece. It really is beyond me why people fall for this every year, these games are sure to line the bargain bins within 6-8 months when the next year's versions come out.[/quote]
Well this year (for me) it's a lot of factors. Largest is Xbox Live being added this year. But when you add to that all of the huge changes to my favorite football team (Redskins), I wanted to have all of my team.

Otherwise I agree with you though. This is the first time I've bought Madden for 2 straight years, and I'll probably be buying an extra for Xbox now that they're dropping.

quick explanation. I bought it for gamecube because my xbox has disc errors constantly with EA games, but I want live and updatable content (and a better controller) so bad that I'll pay $30 extra for an xbox copy.

AWESOME! I hate EA after watching them keep last years Madden FULL price all year!! I agree that all the ESPN haters should drop down and kiss their butts for releasing their games at $19.99!!!

Oh yeah where is the EA B2G1 free??? I would love to get Madden, Live and March Madness for $60 bucks!!

Oops...okay I found the rebate link.

im thinking of getting nba and madden....now that they are live enabled for the xbox, it makes them even more tempting

bread's done
Back