Price drops on select X360 DLC

wolfhunt

CAGiversary!
Until the end of October the following price drops on DLC are in effect. Taken from Majornelson.com

xblmdiscountyv6.png

Title Content Original Price Promo Price
Mass Effect Bring Down The Sky 400 300
Lost Odyssey Triple Bonus Pack 200 120
Forza Motorsport 2 Motegi Track Pack 400 240
Forza Motorsport 2 September Car Pack 400 240
Forza Motorsport 2 December Car Pack 400 240
Forza Motorsport 2 FINAL March Car Pack 400 240
Oblivion The Elder Scrolls IV Shivering Isles 2400 1600
Guitar Hero 3 Def Leppard Pack 500 360
Guitar Hero 3 Foo Fighters Pack 500 360
Guitar Hero 3 Classic Rock Pack 500 360
Beautiful Katamari Accessory Set A 200 120
Beautiful Katamari Accessory Set B 200 120
Beautiful Katamari Accessory Set C 200 120
Beautiful Katamari Accessory Set D 200 120
Beautiful Katamari Special Accessory 250 120
Beautiful Katamari Just-size Stage 300 210
Beautiful Katamari Big-10 Stage 200 140
Beautiful Katamari Big-11 Stage 200 140

Sorry for the crappy format, my editing didn't work. The forum took out my spacing for some reason. If anyone can put this in a better format, go for it. It's Title, Content, Origianal Price, Sale Price.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Frosty The Batman']Whats with all this Sons of Anarchy talk?
I feel as though I missed something good.

Still deciding on the BK stuff...[/QUOTE]

You missed one of the best deals this year ;)

I wish the LO extra dungeon was discounted, as I actually need to pick that up at some point.

[quote name='evo t rex']WHAT?!? That's the worst thing I've ever heard![/QUOTE]
You only need the Katamari DLC to get the 1250. You can 1000 without the downloads - it does show it as 1000/1250, though, and it did this even before the DLC was available. Of course, I bought all this stuff (including the game) at full price long ago :lol:

[quote name='hoofrog']I just rented the GOTY edition that comes with the downloadable content, installed it on the drive and returned the discs. Achievements = complete.[/QUOTE]

That's great and I'd definitely do it but I've never seen anywhere that rents the GotY edition - I've checked multiple Hollywood and Blockbuster stores. So as a result I'm tempted to get Shivering Isles as I was planning on finally starting Oblivion this fall when the disc install feature is active (need that game to be quiet!).

[quote name='wampa8jedi']
I wish the LO extra dungeon was discounted, as I actually need to pick that up at some point.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no kidding. I was just about to buy it, but now since they dropped all the stuff I already did buy I'm going to wait for it to go on sale.

The DLC stuff is so frustrating. I stopped buying a lot of XBLA games when they gave away Carcassonne right after I bought it. Then after a long break, I finally decided to jump back in. Guess what I just bought last week? Yep, that GHIII Classic Rock pack. Damn them...

However, I have not gotten the Mass Effect DLC yet, so I guess I will grab that.

Weak effort, there is a lot more then this that could have been put on sale. A lot of that launch stuff is still sitting around at full price.

I doubt this will become a regular thing, anyone remember when they were gonna do arcade hits...yea they are really doing a super good job with that.

[quote name='FoxHoundADAM']I'm for all the Katamari stuff! Glad I held off.[/QUOTE]

Not a huge savings and you still need to download the other 5-6 stages to get it complete anyway... I was at first sad I didn't hold off longer, but then when I realized my savings (150pts), it's really nothing--- especially on older, not loved content.

Of course no Rock Band DLC because that's actually still valuable, unlike the soon to be obsolete GH3 tracks. Nothing for me here. Thanks.

Hmm. A thought that occurred to me when I was downloading was... why is the Foo Fighters pack on sale, but not Velvet Revolver? Thought that was odd.

Anyway, I'm hoping that these aren't an indication of poor sellers, since that'll likely mean no more ME add-ons. :cry:

Picked up LO recently and might get the pack that is on sale (120 pts, thats about $1.50 I think). Also considering to pick up the GH3 Classics pack.

Anyone know if the songs on the Classic Pack will be in RB2?

Will probably pick up Mass Effect dlc soon.

As for the Oblivion dlc, I also rented and downloaded the extra content. IIRC, I rented the GOTY edition from Gamefly. . .

Edit: Journey's Anyway You Want It will be in RB2.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']Picked up LO recently and might get the pack that is on sale (120 pts, thats about $1.50 I think). Also considering to pick up the GH3 Classics pack.

Anyone know if the songs on the Classic Pack will be in RB2?[/quote]

All of the Classic Rock Pack songs are in Rock Band. I'm sad I bought the GH pack before the RB songs came out. I bought them again anyway;).

Any Way You Want It - On the Rock Band 2 Disc
Peace of Mind - $2 DLC
Juke Box Hero - $2 DLC but it's a cover.

Something still tells me to this day the the JBH that was in the GH pack was also a cover, it was just advertised as the real thing. There's no way that version was the master.

Hope this helps.

I picked up the 3 Katamari levels and additional 4 levels along with the Mass Effect, since im just finishing up Jade Empire and itching for another play through again for some more achievements.

thanks Pyloric and XTommyDonX for answering my question. Might not get the classic pack anymore since RB DLC might be more value to me (and other people that play RB with me).

[quote name='XTommyDonX']All of the Classic Rock Pack songs are in Rock Band. I'm sad I bought the GH pack before the RB songs came out. I bought them again anyway;).

Any Way You Want It - On the Rock Band 2 Disc
Peace of Mind - $2 DLC
Juke Box Hero - $2 DLC but it's a cover.

Something still tells me to this day the the JBH that was in the GH pack was also a cover, it was just advertised as the real thing. There's no way that version was the master.

Hope this helps.[/quote]

Which one did you like playing the songs on guitar or are they pretty much the same. The Killers' song (when we were young, i think that was what it was called), played pretty much the same on RB and GH, but GH's was more challenging imo than RB's ver of it.

I got the Classic Rock pack back when it came out, but I prefer the songs on RB (and RB2) now. 360 isn't bad for the 3 songs, they're all a lot of fun. Also I'm fairly certain Anyway You Want It is not the original Master either.

I am definitely picking up the Mass Effect one.

[quote name='io']You only need the Katamari DLC to get the 1250. You can 1000 without the downloads - it does show it as 1000/1250, though, and it did this even before the DLC was available.[/QUOTE]

Can anyone tell me which ones exactly?

The Jukebox Hero on GH is a different "version" of the song, I think the RB one is a cover of the single version and the one in GH is the master of the album version or something.

One thing of note for those of us who own Oblivion and LO, now we can buy that stupid spell tomes and have something to buy to even us back out to a number of points that doesn't leave 20 or so hanging there all the time.

[quote name='ZerotypeX']thanks Pyloric and XTommyDonX for answering my question. Might not get the classic pack anymore since RB DLC might be more value to me (and other people that play RB with me).

Which one did you like playing the songs on guitar or are they pretty much the same. The Killers' song (when we were young, i think that was what it was called), played pretty much the same on RB and GH, but GH's was more challenging imo than RB's ver of it.[/quote]

See, I usually prefer guitar on Guitar Hero. I just prefer the style of notes and little things like that. That probably doesn't matter to you though. Also the RB charts are more realistic and not overcharted. I would just get the Rock Band one no matter what. It's a way better value.

As for Any Way You Want It, I woun't be able to play that on RB guitar until next Sunday;).

bread's done
Back