"Price Error" Rock Band 1 Bundle for PS2 $14.99 @ Amazon

Picked one up, will keep it boxed for emergency equipment needs. Drums, drumsticks, extra mike for Beatles, guitar, etc...can't go wrong for $15 + free shipping with Prime.

Will this wired drum set work with all of the following PS3 games - - Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour and other Guitar Hero "band" type games? Thanks!

[quote name='redsoxfan808']Will this wired drum set work with all of the following PS3 games - - Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour and other Guitar Hero "band" type games? Thanks![/QUOTE]

Yes, they're the exact same instruments as the PS3 ones.

[quote name='redsoxfan808']Will this wired drum set work with all of the following PS3 games - - Rock Band, Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero World Tour and other Guitar Hero "band" type games? Thanks![/QUOTE]
Yes

Also we should all be ashamed of ourselves for taking advantage of this clear error and we're probably all going to burn in the fiery pits of hell and so on...

Hopefully this is the bundle. The description says its the Special Edition and includes all the instruments, but the product title just says "Rock Band 1".

I also selected 2 day shipping, and says "estimated delivery February 2nd".

[quote name='mywhitenoise']Hopefully this is the bundle. The description says its the Special Edition and includes all the instruments, but the product title just says "Rock Band 1".

I also selected 2 day shipping, and says "estimated delivery February 2nd".[/QUOTE]

Take it for what it's worth:

Product Features

• Bundle includes game, USB Hub, microphone, guitar and drum set peripherals
  • 45 licensed tracks from legendary rockers
  • Showcase a real drum solo with Rock Band's freestyle drum fill Windows featured in each song
  • Vocalists can bring the crowd to their feet during Rock Band's freestyle vocal fill windows. Ad-lib your own words or shout to the crowd to raise the rock intensity of the performance
  • Build your own band and tour the world

[quote name='ShockandAww']Also we should all be ashamed of ourselves for taking advantage of this clear error and we're probably all going to burn in the fiery pits of hell and so on...[/QUOTE]

In for two!

Wow got this from sears for 17.97 +tax and I thought that was the best deal ever. In for 2 as my two year old loves the mic and drums. now I can let her have at it.

yeah I have a feeling when they realize it will be $20+ to ship (and jeez, think about the Prime members!) orders will get cancelled! also wondering if this will ship in a box or just the gamebox exposed..

man, wish I was smart enough to pull the trigger on this, seemed like a no-brainer...

I can pretty much guarantee that we will get the deal... Amazon is not one to welsh on their pricing errors. That said, who knows how the set will get sent... perhaps people who have ordered RB bundles from Amazon in the past can enlighten you.

Well the worst that can happen is you end up with some Amazon credit. Amazon has canceled some of my orders in the past due to pricing errors and I was able to get $10 Amazon credit each time.

[quote name='zenintrude']I can pretty much guarantee that we will get the deal... Amazon is not one to welsh on their pricing errors. That said, who knows how the set will get sent... perhaps people who have ordered RB bundles from Amazon in the past can enlighten you.[/QUOTE]

I ordered the GH:WT bundle for Wii last summer when they had that 50% any video game trade in dealio and they sent it in a giant brown box like anything else would be shipped in and the GH:WT box was just right inside of that. The UPS or Fedex guy left it on my doorstep. I felt bad for him cause that box was heavy!

Edit: I remember the outside of the box said "Do not open until 9/26/08". They had probably been sitting in the shipping boxes since they first came out.

[quote name='zenintrude']I can pretty much guarantee that we will get the deal... Amazon is not one to welsh on their pricing errors. That said, who knows how the set will get sent... perhaps people who have ordered RB bundles from Amazon in the past can enlighten you.[/QUOTE]

I have (as well as others*) had orders for items cancelled in December from Amazon that were from pricing errors. And with this great of a window between now and when the items are supposed to ship, I certainly do not have my hopes up, and if my order is cancelled, so be it.

Also, I and others only received an email from Amazon CS notifying of the cancellation, and that they apologize for the error.

*See Slickdeals.net

Got the dear John letter here too:

Greetings from Amazon.com.

We regret to inform you that an error caused the following item(s) to be displayed at an incorrect price:

Rock Band 1

In accordance with our posted policies on pricing, we are unable to offer this item for the incorrectly posted price. Therefore, we have cancelled your order for this item.

At any given time, despite our best efforts, a small number of the millions of items on our site may be mispriced. We do, however, verify prices as part of our shipping procedures. If we discover that an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we will, at our discretion, either contact you for instructions before shipping or
cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. This policy is posted in the Help section and is accessible through numerous other areas of our web site.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

We value your business and hope that you will give us a chance to serve you again in the future.

Sincerely,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.com

Aren't we sposed to complain and get a $10 credit or some such nonsense?

bread's done
Back