[Price error?] Viewtiful Joe 2 for PS2 19.99 @ walmart.com

There are 3 viewtiful Joes in the search -

Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2 $39.82
Viewtiful Joe 2 GCN $39.82
Viewtiful Joe 2 PS2 $19.82

The $39.82 should be the game, and the $19.82 is probably the (expensive!) guide. This seems to happen with Walmart all the time.

Edit: Yeah, what everyone said while I was typing.

It could a price mistake too. They'll cancel your order if it is a price mistake. They canceled my unreal 2.

Well by looking at the item description and the pictures, I'll bite. I just ordered it should get it sometime next week or so. If its a strategy guide Im gonna raise hell.

[quote name='xzafixz']But when they mislabel the guide, they usually don't have a picture of the game...[/quote]

They did with Unreal Championship 2. Or whatever that was it seems the same as this.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well by looking at the item description and the pictures, I'll bite. I just ordered it should get it sometime next week or so. If its a strategy guide Im gonna raise hell.[/quote]

I look forward to your rant!

Actually, I think this is for the game. It's in the games section. I think it's supposed to be VJ1 or something.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='LinkinPrime']Well by looking at the item description and the pictures, I'll bite. I just ordered it should get it sometime next week or so. If its a strategy guide Im gonna raise hell.[/quote]

I look forward to your rant!

Actually, I think this is for the game. It's in the games section. I think it's supposed to be VJ1 or something.[/quote]

Well the description states VJ2 and so does the picture and my order confirmation.

hmmm iono should i? I mean there may b a small chance they'll actually honor this... and I really want the game, just not for 40 dollars... a little advice guys?

[quote name='smartasien']hmmm iono should i? I mean there may b a small chance they'll actually honor this... and I really want the game, just not for 40 dollars... a little advice guys?[/quote]

They won't but if you bitch enough you might get some free cupons or something.

All I have to do is print this page out, find a store WILLING to price match this, and it's so mine... just gotta find the store to PM now...

I just ordered it, after printing out the product page showing that's actually VJ2 for the PS2 with a $19.82 price. We'll see what happens...

I'm not surprised. If anyone's played VJ2, they would know that it is VERY MUCH like the first one, but worse. It's no surprise that it costs less than the first (even if it is a typo).

[quote name='LinkinPrime']DOA? Link still works[/quote]
The link works, but its most likely a pricing error and you will likely just frustrate yourself ordering this.
Feel free, though.

I ordered it last night at 11 PM PST, and this morning when i got home from work at 11 am, i saw that my viewtiful joe i ordered for ps2 off this link has shipped. fed ex track number 693156102369.

[quote name='Devin']I'm not surprised. If anyone's played VJ2, they would know that it is VERY MUCH like the first one, but worse. It's no surprise that it costs less than the first (even if it is a typo).[/quote]

:dunce:

I won't even waste my time with you.

[quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Devin']I'm not surprised. If anyone's played VJ2, they would know that it is VERY MUCH like the first one, but worse. It's no surprise that it costs less than the first (even if it is a typo).[/quote]

I won't even waste my time with you.[/quote]

seriously

[quote name='Acid Indigestion']Would pricematching work if the page I print out has VJ as out of stock?[/quote]

In some places I have tried to price match they won't do that for some reason .... :(

[quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Devin']I'm not surprised. If anyone's played VJ2, they would know that it is VERY MUCH like the first one, but worse. It's no surprise that it costs less than the first (even if it is a typo).[/quote]

seriously[/quote]

Silly me. I forgot that having an opinion was prohibited...

Thank God I had the sense to save the page to my desktop with the In Stock still in place on it and the 19.82 price... I might run to the Walmart here and see what happens...

my walmart makes mistakes a lot in the $19.99 video game rack. i remember when i bought my gamecube and i got ssbm for $20 even though it rang up as $30, i told them they had like 5 copies in the $20 rack, so they gave it to me for that much. then when nfl street came out, i looked in the rack again and they had about 10 copies of that game in there and i about pooed my pants....

they must have thought it was nba street....haha- my walmart is so funny cause noone smart works there. i have so many good stories from there... but no time to share them all

No one has the game in stock yet, in terms of the BB, CC, or Walmarts in my area so no luck on the PM... yet... but I have time and the page saved so we'll see...

Well, Just an update, I Received my shipment from walmart.com on my viewtiful joe 2 order for ps2. Low and behold, i open the thing all excited and ready to bust it open and play it. and what do you know, its viewtiful joe 1!

i called the customer service, they whined to goto the store. I goto the store, they said theyd do an even exhange gladly (they had VJ 2 in stock. after the rep scanned the two games, sge got a big look in her eyes and called over her asst managers and they all told me they couldnt exchange it because of the price difference. after i told them for 15 minutes that the UPC code and the order numbered stated it was VJ 2 ( i even brought in the shaq fuing proof of the website) they still denied me hinting i was lying or i made this up.

so after the customer service rep had a breakdown and cryed (i have no idea why she cryed, i was being nice and never yelled at her?), i decided to shaq fu it and had her gimme my money back. i promptly went to EB and just payed 29.99 for the damn game on gamecube.

Moral of the story, companies have no more honor, and the customer can go die.

If you're really indignant about it, write a letter. Wal-Mart once tried to pull one over on my dad when he bought the Monk Season One DVD boxset at their website. At the time, it was a pre-order, and when they finally had it in stock they notified my dad that they were cancelling his preorder because the price had changed. Repeated calls to customer service gave him constant runarounds, flatout denials, etc. In the end, he wrote a letter to the CEO to complain. He got the DVD in a week at its original pre-order price with a letter of apology attached.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Well, Just an update, I Received my shipment from walmart.com on my viewtiful joe 2 order for ps2. Low and behold, i open the thing all excited and ready to bust it open and play it. and what do you know, its viewtiful joe 1!

i called the customer service, they whined to goto the store. I goto the store, they said theyd do an even exhange gladly (they had VJ 2 in stock. after the rep scanned the two games, sge got a big look in her eyes and called over her asst managers and they all told me they couldnt exchange it because of the price difference. after i told them for 15 minutes that the UPC code and the order numbered stated it was VJ 2 ( i even brought in the shaq fuing proof of the website) they still denied me hinting i was lying or i made this up.

so after the customer service rep had a breakdown and cryed (i have no idea why she cryed, i was being nice and never yelled at her?), i decided to shaq fu it and had her gimme my money back. i promptly went to EB and just payed 29.99 for the damn game on gamecube.

Moral of the story, companies have no more honor, and the customer can go die.[/quote]

Did you get all your money back? The last time they sent me the wrong product, they didn't have the right one to exchange, so they offered my money back...then I had to fight for the shipping fee back...then I had to fight for the tax charged on the shipping fee back. There was no way in their system to do it, but I finally left with my money. Walmart.com sucks even more than the B&M.

anytime you see these deals that are too good to be true, they generally are...

there seems to be a crowd that purchase it and hope to get lucky..and then when they find out they received the wrong item, they have to go through hell to get it all sorted out..

is it worth it at all??

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='LinkinPrime']DOA? Link still works[/quote]
The link works, but its most likely a pricing error and you will likely just frustrate yourself ordering this.
Feel free, though.[/quote]

CheapyD knows all and sees all. ;)

[quote name='Devin'][quote name='murcielago77'][quote name='-Never4ever-'][quote name='Devin']I'm not surprised. If anyone's played VJ2, they would know that it is VERY MUCH like the first one, but worse. It's no surprise that it costs less than the first (even if it is a typo).[/quote]

seriously[/quote]

Silly me. I forgot that having an opinion was prohibited...[/quote]

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, but when you say yours like it is LAW, then people get pissed off. Try using, IMO when you post crap like that. And The Bouncer as your avatar? Have you even played The Bouncer before? Talk about a BAD game! And of course, all of this is IMO!

Well I received VJ1 in the mail instead of VJ2 the packing slip clearly stated VJ2, I emailed Walmart and they told me to take it back to the store, and exchange it or ask for a refund...

Well I just came back from Walmart and got my VJ2 for PS2 as an even exchange and they even refunded the shipping due to their mistake...sweet!

Walmart sucks still though...just shop there for a deal and only online....

[quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='CheapyD'][quote name='LinkinPrime']DOA? Link still works[/quote]
Feel free, though.[/quote]

CheapyD knows all and sees all. ;)[/quote]

That's why he runs the place, in case you were wondering. :rofl:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well I received VJ1 in the mail instead of VJ2 the packing slip clearly stated VJ2, I emailed Walmart and they told me to take it back to the store, and exchange it or ask for a refund...

Well I just came back from Walmart and got my VJ2 for PS2 as an even exchange and they even refunded the shipping due to their mistake...sweet!

Walmart sucks still though...just shop there for a deal and only online....[/quote]

Man you are really lucky, My Wal Mart customer service rep told me as soon as she saw the difference in price..."well sir..it looks like youll have to pay the extra 20 dollars (rough difference between 24.55 and 43.55).

I told her walmart.com reps told me i can do an even exchange. After 45 minutes of fighting i told the woman "Where the heck is the value of this deal walmart.com runs, if they have it 20 bucks cheaper at 19.99, if i receive the wrong one from the website and come here to exchange for the correct one, which walmarts store actually has for 19.99 (side note, YES THE TAG THE GAME THAT WAS HOLDING IT SAID VJ2 19.99!!!), and have to waste all that time and ACTUALLY HAVE TO PAY 20 BUCKS MORE."

she was stunned, she never answered, two minutes later i decided to get my money back on a gc, but she accidently gave me the 24.55 back in cash as a mistake. I just decided to go a few miles down to eb, pay the extra 8 bucks and get the game on GC from EB.

ARGH.

[quote name='thingsfallnapart']Man you are really lucky, My Wal Mart customer service rep told me as soon as she saw the difference in price..."well sir..it looks like youll have to pay the extra 20 dollars (rough difference between 24.55 and 43.55).[/quote]
I went through the same thing -- the in-store CS rep said I would have to pay $20 more for VJ2, even though I showed her (and her supervisor) the printouts showing the $19.82 price. I whipped out my cell phone and called Walmart.com, explained the situation, and was told that I could ship it back for free and have VJ2 shipped back to me.

I noted the mixup on the invoice and then sent it and the game back using their pre-paid label (printed from the web site). The replacement package came on Thursday. And inside I found... another copy of VJ1. I think this is because the invoice did list the UPC for VJ1 even though it said VJ2.

I'll call tomorrow and tear 'em a new one.

Well It really wasnt that easy for me either. I had to explain it to 3 people like 5x each until they understood what happened, but I guess I do consider myself lucky...I hate walmart

man i think it would be much simpler to just wait a few months for vj2 to be GH and then i will pick it up then. pity the deal didnt pan out for you guys

bread's done
Back