Price/Experience w/Xbox 360 g wireless adapter?

Deleeter

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I talked someone on craigslist down to $30 for a used g adapter. Is that a decent price and have people had a good experience with the g adapter? I'm not too far away from the router - it's probably 30 feet max from the 360.

Is there a significant difference between the n and g wireless adapters for the 360? Should I be looking at the n instead?

well it depends on a few things. The N adapter might have more range and transfer more data and will have less of a chance of interference with other wireless items. However you would need a router that has N capabilities. The G might have less of a range and might have a higher chance of interference with other wireless items.
But judging on your distance (also hopping you don't have too many walls and/or floors) from you location and the router that sounds like a good deal.

Instead of buying a stupid over priced wireless adapter, I bought another wire less router and bridged them together. They usually have 4 wired ports, so you can plug other things in also.

I was looking at bridging but I guess I don't understand it fully. So if I buy another router and configure it as a bridge then the bridge works as a sort of wireless 'relay point' for the main router and then I can hard wire the 360 from the bridge? Do I need to run any ethernet cords to the bridge from the computer or router? I just want to avoid running any ethernet cords from my computer and router in the living living room to the bedroom.

i have that model wireless adapter. no real complaints, other then occasionally when you try to connect to xbox it wont do it if you try to sign in right away. but after it says it couldnt connect, i just try to sign in and it works like a charm (and this might be more my internet rather then the adapter, im not really sure what it is.). i paid $40 for mine over a year ago. needed to go wireless, using a wire was no longer an option.

[quote name='Deleeter']I was looking at bridging but I guess I don't understand it fully. So if I buy another router and configure it as a bridge then the bridge works as a sort of wireless 'relay point' for the main router and then I can hard wire the 360 from the bridge? Do I need to run any ethernet cords to the bridge from the computer or router? I just want to avoid running any ethernet cords from my computer and router in the living living room to the bedroom.[/QUOTE]

No, you don't need to run an ethernet cable between the two as the two routers wirelessly connect.
Setup on mine was super easy to do, but you might want to look at the manufacturers web site to see how to set it up.

bread's done
Back