Price for Amazon's Preorder of Orange Box for 360 and PS3 down to $54.99. No tax/ FS!

I already preordered it for 59.
Should I cancel, and then preorder it again to insure if they change it back up, I get the 54?

Edit:
My account says $54, but if it raises again, I'll have to pay higher, wont I? Since I preordered it last month when it was $59...

[quote name='oasisboy']I will get this game with the buy 2 get 1 free at Toys R' Us in October...[/quote]
Good idea.

The game will be out before that sale hits. :bouncy:

I'm planning out my games for that sale right now.

Deal isnt bad however have you guys seen the family video thread? you can get the orange box for 53.97 starting with 99 cent shipping and if you use the new member 5 dollar off coupon which is Newmem5f or Newmempg you can get it for 49.97. Depending upon where u live u may have to pay tax but a lot of states dont charge tax so you'll have to check it out on the site familyvideo.com. I definately do recommend this as i already reserved Halo 3 there which starts at 49.99.Hope this helps !!!!

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Good idea.

The game will be out before that sale hits. :bouncy:

I'm planning out my games for that sale right now.[/quote]

1. Orange Box (360)

2. Bioshock (360)

3. Ratchet and Clank (PS3)

Done...

[quote name='oasisboy']I will get this game with the buy 2 get 1 free at Toys R' Us in October...[/quote] That's what I'm planning on doing. I'm getting Orange Box, Bioshock, and something else, maybe Metroid Prime 3 or Two Worlds.

[quote name='McNutsack']I already preordered it for 59.
Should I cancel, and then preorder it again to insure if they change it back up, I get the 54?

Edit:
My account says $54, but if it raises again, I'll have to pay higher, wont I? Since I preordered it last month when it was $59...[/quote] Amazon has a lowest preorder price guarantee. If the drop the price on a preorder after you've preordered it you get the lower price.

[quote name='snakelda']I think I'll wait to see if they are good ports atleast since it's from EA[/quote] Valve is working on the 360 and PC version, and EA team is working on the PS3 version.

[quote name='oasisboy']I will get this game with the buy 2 get 1 free at Toys R' Us in October...[/QUOTE]

Wait, did I miss something? Can somebody point me in the direction of the TRU B2G1F sale info? I searched for it, but didn't see anything. I'd cancel my Orange Box preorder with Amazon for the TRU sale instead. (Orange Box, Project Gotham Racing 4, and Ratchet & Clank Future for me, BTW).

[quote name='Kaijufan']
Amazon has a lowest preorder price guarantee. If the drop the price on a preorder after you've preordered it you get the lower price.
[/quote]

Well, not if the price goes back to $59.99 before the game is released. If you already preordered for Amazon, wise thing would be to cancel that preorder and re-place the order NOW, as god knows how long this price is going to last.

[quote name='oasisboy']I will get this game with the buy 2 get 1 free at Toys R' Us in October...[/quote]

Sorry, but what are the dates of this sale? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks!

[quote name='Kaijufan']That's what I'm planning on doing. I'm getting Orange Box, Bioshock, and something else, maybe Metroid Prime 3 or Two Worlds.

Amazon has a lowest preorder price guarantee. If the drop the price on a preorder after you've preordered it you get the lower price.

Valve is working on the 360 and PC version, and EA team is working on the PS3 version.[/quote]I forgot to say I'm getting the PS3 version.So yeah,EA is working on it so I may have to wait for reviews/user reviews before I consider getting it.

[quote name='chriscolbert']Sorry, but what are the dates of this sale? I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Thanks![/QUOTE]

Every year Toys R Us has a B2G1 sale on all games sometime in October, i'm guessing they will do it again.

[quote name='ozzymandd']Wait, did I miss something? Can somebody point me in the direction of the TRU B2G1F sale info? I searched for it, but didn't see anything. I'd cancel my Orange Box preorder with Amazon for the TRU sale instead. (Orange Box, Project Gotham Racing 4, and Ratchet & Clank Future for me, BTW).[/QUOTE]

i don't think there's been a thread or an announcement just yet but they have the sale every year so just look out for it.

The Toys R Us sale is a good idea! I was just getting tempted to preorder the Orange Box for that price with no tax and shipping. Thanks for reminding me!

Allow me to make my own version of what somebody else did:

1. Orange Box

2. Mass Effect

3. skate.

And i'm good to go!

[quote name='atomsk']you can preorder the PC version for $45. You also get peggle extreme for free![/QUOTE]

and Peggle is surprisingly awesome! :D

I think this might be a universal program by EA/Valve.. Gamestop is offering $5 off when you pre-order as well. I made sure to ask that I was going to pay $54.99 at purchase, not just "get $5 off" because I put $5 down.

I read somewhere (cannot remember where) that the B2G1 free at Toys R' Us is going to start on October 28th.... could be true or it could be a blatant lie... who knows!

[quote name='shotcaller88']...still two more months =/[/quote]

Two more months until what? Call of Duty 4? The Orange Box ships in 3 weeks. (Oct. 9)

That sale was such a joke last year. I've been doing it since GTAIII came out (I think that was the first year) and I just couldn't get anything last year. No TRU had anything in stock, they weren't getting new games in that Gamestop had gotten in days before (Phantasy Star Universe, Marvel Ultimate), the website was setup so you couldn't order anything new. They may as well have not even had the sale. I wasted so much time going back and forth to different TRU's trying to find games and I ended up with nothing. That was actually what drove me to sign up for Gamefly and I've bought maybe two games since then.

There's a number of October games I'm looking for, hopefully I'll be able to find them. I think this year I'm going to buy them before the sale starts and then get the price adjusted once it begins:

Orange Box (360)
Beautiful Katamari (360)
Zack and Wiki (Wii)
Castlevania (PSP)

Seems like everything I want is $40. I need a couple more $60 games to take full advantage. GHIII comes out right at the end of October...it may sneak in there but knowing TRU they won't sell it until the sale is over.

[quote name='atomsk']it's peggle! peggle extreme![/QUOTE]

It's like Lucky Hit, but not completely stupid and with great music. tympani roll before you hit the last peg = delicious :lol: and I agree with the tagline that it's one of the more addictive games out there.

bread's done
Back