Price Matching on Black Friday

icarwngs55

CAGiversary!
Hey just wondering to avoid run around will best buy and/or Circuit city price match on BF if you bring the ads along. That would make it a billion times easier.

Thanks
Mike

Some people are able to pricematch, but I'm pretty sure it's YMMV. And, it might depend on the store. I don't know if CC or BB pricematches...but places like Wal-Mart/K-Mart might.

well why the heck not? I understand NO to other stores that say price after rebate but if its non rebate cheaper at the other store they got to honor it. I want to PM RE4 for the PS2 for 29.99 from CC to BB. Get ready for an era of heavy MIR black friday years.

[quote name='ITDEFX']well why the heck not?[/QUOTE]

Because Black Friday deals are always specifically turned down for PM policies. They aren't permanent sales, they aren't weekend things. They are one day offers, usually sold out instantly.

Well, I'm gonna try pricematching things at Bestbuy to Circuit City's ad. If they say no, I'll stand in the line and hold it up for as long as it takes to either get kicked out or get my way.

I hate Best Buy more than anything anyways, sooo it's fine with me!

http://www.bestbuysux.org

[quote name='alive741']Well, I'm gonna try pricematching things at Bestbuy to Circuit City's ad. If they say no, I'll stand in the line and hold it up for as long as it takes to either get kicked out or get my way.

I hate Best Buy more than anything anyways, sooo it's fine with me!

http://www.bestbuysux.org[/QUOTE]

Yeah good luck to you buddy. There will only be like a million other people wanting service. Mark my words, no price matches on Black Friday.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Yeah good luck to you buddy. There will only be like a million other people wanting service. Mark my words, no price matches on Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, so if I stand in the way they'll either kick me out or just do it to get me out of everyone else's way.

And I did stop shopping there, I never buy anything that they make money on. The only things I purchase there now are price matching ad mistakes from other stores, black friday dvds, and I went for the last clearance they had and bought their 99 cent games.

You need to buy your stuff ahead of time and then get it PMed. If they don't want to do the pricematch then, you can just return your stuff right there; and if you're a real ass like me, you can rebuy it on the spot. But I don't see that as a problem as long as the stores' PM policies cover the sale, they'll have a long line at that time anyways, and they probably won't want to sit and argue with you.

I pricematched stuff last year that even had mail-in rebates, I feel good about my chances.

I went to CC and BB yesterday and asked this specifically. They both gave me a very firm "absoutely not". Good news is that if you were wanting to pricematch any video games, GameStop told me that they will pricematch anytime, including Black Friday.

[quote name='alive741']Exactly, so if I stand in the way they'll either kick me out or just do it to get me out of everyone else's way.

And I did stop shopping there, I never buy anything that they make money on. The only things I purchase there now are price matching ad mistakes from other stores, black friday dvds, and I went for the last clearance they had and bought their 99 cent games.[/QUOTE]

You don't feel like an idiot doing this? A couple of weeks ago I saw some lady at TRU try to pull a stunt like that and make a scene because she couldn't get her way, and she looked like a psycho.

On topic, Best Buy's price matching policy does have exclusions, and their reason for not PMing here seems to fall under "limited quantity sale items".

Well, no I really have no shame so I don't care what people will think of me. I printed off Best Buy's pricematching policy from the internet, including the In Store pricematching policy. Absolutely no where does it say they won't pricematch for a special sale. They say they won't pricematch "limited quantities" but the Black Friday ads don't say anything about limited anything. (the ones I'll be using anyways)

So, bottom line according to their own policy, you should be able to do it. It's a special sale, yes, a short sale, yes, but as long as you're there during the proper times, have physical proof of the cheaper price elsewhere, they SHOULD have to honor that. You can read Best Buy's PM Policy here:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=cat10001&contentId=1043363603262&id=cat12098

And here is their detailed "in store" policy with Exclusions written out for everyone

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...type=page&entryURLID=&contentId=1118843518460

I'm telling you, I'm going to get my way. All I want is Simpsons Season 6 for Circuit City's price to save me from going to another crappy store. The amount of time I'll save arguing for a little while in BB as opposed to driving 20 miles there, 20 miles back and dealing with everyone in CC will be WELL worth it.

For those of you out there trying to match with Wally World, I was in the store this weekend and received a black and white flyer (double-sided) in their electronics department that clearly states at the top that they will price match any competitors ads. I'm assuming since this is a Black Friday ad, that it will also match for Black Friday. This runs me into an obvious delima because I really want to price match Battlefront 2 for the PS2, but also want seasons 2 and 3 of 24 from Best Buy. Knowing how Best Buy tries to get out of price matching at any possible opportunity, I think I'll have to go to Wally World, and double-back to BB. I know they had a lot of the early bird specials last year, I just hope they don't sell out before I make it there. Anyone else think differently? Should I try my luck at BB? Thanks.

[quote name='alive741']Exactly, so if I stand in the way they'll either kick me out or just do it to get me out of everyone else's way.
[/QUOTE]

You obviously haven't worked or been out on a black friday morning before much. BB won't have to anything, chances are the other people in line will kick/push you out of the way after about 30 seconds, Black Friday shoppers can be extremely crazy.

[quote name='crazynater']I went to CC and BB yesterday and asked this specifically. They both gave me a very firm "absoutely not". Good news is that if you were wanting to pricematch any video games, GameStop told me that they will pricematch anytime, including Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Is this including hardware? 110% PM or 100% PM

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']You obviously haven't worked or been out on a black friday morning before much. BB won't have to anything, chances are the other people in line will kick/push you out of the way after about 30 seconds, Black Friday shoppers can be extremely crazy.[/QUOTE]

I push back. ;)

lol its mike from bf2005.com! WELCOME!

[quote name='crazynater']I went to CC and BB yesterday and asked this specifically. They both gave me a very firm "absoutely not". Good news is that if you were wanting to pricematch any video games, GameStop told me that they will pricematch anytime, including Black Friday.[/QUOTE]

Well 2 years ago i did price match Mario Kart:DD from its 49.99 to 25.99 from Microcenter to Best buy on bf. The chances of a csr calling the other store and actually getting a hold of the other store to check to see if the item is in stock is extremly low because everyone man and woman in every department is way too busy to answer the phones.

[quote name='alongx']Because Black Friday deals are always specifically turned down for PM policies. They aren't permanent sales, they aren't weekend things. They are one day offers, usually sold out instantly.[/QUOTE]

I have succesfully price matched at Wal Mart for the past 3 BFs, either on two day or 5 hour sale items and have never had an issue. This was done at multiple Wal Marts as well. I don't think there will be any difference this year. I plan on price matching 24 Seasons 2-3, That 70's Show Season 3, and Simpsons Season 6.

Anyone know about CompUSA? I'm thinking about trying to get the Polar Express Two-Disc SE there and figure while there I might take a shot at getting Battlefront II. I know they have price matched in the past. Do they still? Will they for Black Friday? Anyone? Bueller?

[quote name='AdvOfJet']I have succesfully price matched at Wal Mart for the past 3 BFs, either on two day or 5 hour sale items and have never had an issue. This was done at multiple Wal Marts as well. I don't think there will be any difference this year. I plan on price matching 24 Seasons 2-3, That 70's Show Season 3, and Simpsons Season 6.[/QUOTE]

You might go ahead and order 24 Season 2 online at BB.com. I checked multiple Walmarts in my town and couldn't find it or a spot where it was on the shelf.

I plan on price matching there as well. I am going to get Simpsons season 6, family guy season 3, family guy stewie..., and crash.

i posted this in another thread with no reply...so i might try here..

I bought a hdtv at bestbuy on 10/30. the regular price of the tv was 1999.99 they took a hundred dollar off as pricematch for circuitcity so i paid 1899.99.

i found an ad at compusa for the same TV priced at 1499. this price is is valid from 11/25-11/26. Do you think i can go to Bestbuy today and try to do a price match difference?? The ad from compusa is not really an exclusive blackfriday deal.

i was able to pricematch simpsons s6 and cindeella from CC at bestbuy. THe lady was giving me attitude tellin me that they dont pricematch that day and i asked her to show me the policy, she got fed up and just pulled out the form for price matching

Yep, I was able to pricematch Simpsons S6too. I also pricematched Star Wars Battlefront 2. I pricematched that at Walmart and Best Buy. I actually got 1 for each system at Walmart! Then I decided to try my luck and pricematch GBA SPs places, and got away with that too. I even got a backlit one when Walmart only had the older ones on sale.

Everyone else in this thread can eat their words now. :p

bread's done
Back