Price-matching online to b&m?

dark_inchworm

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I'm probably looking right over some helpful info in a sticky or something, but as long as it's hiding from my eye, I figure it's worth a thread.

Are there any B&M retailers that will price match a deal you find online? It seems a bit farfetched to me, I'll admit, but crazier things have happened... so I figured I'd ask before I go shoppin' on Friday evening.

Most vendors with online & B&M presence have in-store pickup for online items, so you end up getting the item in-store for the online price.

However, this requires the online and B&M parts of the vendor to be the same organization. BB, CC & CompUSA and Sears are four that come to mind that are this way. K-Mart and Target, nope, online is a different organization than B&M.

If you're trying to have a B&M vendor match a different vendor's online price, good luck with that. Around here, I've only seen CAGs luck out when doing that at Sears & CC.

[quote name='Roufuss']Circuit City price matches ANYTHING.[/quote]

not true all the ones I try to pm online ads I get denied

[quote name='Roufuss']Circuit City price matches ANYTHING.[/QUOTE]

Encouraging. :) I'll hope for the best.. hopefully the CC in Franklin (or Nashville) is friendly like that.

So I guess I'll be bringing in some BB/Amazon ads and hoping for the best. Any further suggestions? Lemme know.

I love you guys ;)

edit: I'm quite curious, so let me also ask in addition to all the above: Has anyone here ever been turned down for trying to get too many items PM'ed? 'cause I have more than a few things I was going to attempt matching. I probably look like a goof asking all these questions, but having only a Wal-Mart and EB/Gamestop in my reach most of the time (horrible places for deals), I do much of my game shopping online and am therefore a bit unfamiliar with the policies and habits of my 'nearest' CC, BB, etc. I haven't even been inside a Circuit City in probably 5 years or so.

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Encouraging. :) I'll hope for the best.. hopefully the CC in Franklin (or Nashville) is friendly like that.

So I guess I'll be bringing in some BB/Amazon ads and hoping for the best. Any further suggestions? Lemme know.

I love you guys ;)

edit: I'm quite curious, so let me also ask in addition to all the above: Has anyone here ever been turned down for trying to get too many items PM'ed? 'cause I have more than a few things I was going to attempt matching. I probably look like a goof asking all these questions, but having only a Wal-Mart and EB/Gamestop in my reach most of the time (horrible places for deals), I do much of my game shopping online and am therefore a bit unfamiliar with the policies and habits of my 'nearest' CC, BB, etc. I haven't even been inside a Circuit City in probably 5 years or so.[/quote]
Actually, I did get turned away.

In the July 2005 CC sale, I ended up buying a ton of games in advance, most of them for other CAGs. The day the sale hit, I went in to do the PM's, and get my extra 10% (which I hoped I'd get), and due to some overbuying of some games (the sale had limit 3), they denied my PM's on some of them. I ended up going to another CC to do the rest of the PM's, and they did it without incident.

Besides that oddity, which was of my own doing, I've done mutliple PM's at once and never was denied.

You just have to make sure you have your proof in-hand, and that they have the game in stock, to not have any issues. Otherwise, it's a bit of a mess, sometimes. Plus, sometimes, just having a jackass of a CS rep can cause it all to go to crap.

My Sears in Portland used to price-match online items. Around three years ago I bought a Panasonic DVD recorder w/80GB HDD that retailed for $700 for $480! I was amazed that they actually price-matched the item. But they no longer does this.:(

bread's done
Back