Prices for Xbox 360 games

sgs89

CAGiversary!
Well, I just took the plunge and ordered a 360. After holding out this long, I couldn't resist the recent deal at Overstock.com (premium system shipped for $360).

My concern now is the price of the games -- I can't stomach the thought of paying $60 for a game, not after enjoying the bounty of cheap games on the "old" systems over the last several years.

So, my question is, what are the prospects for price drops on 360 games. Do we expect to see the same pricing strategy unfold over the next year as it did on the older systems. Will we see $19.99 games? Some games being clearanced for under $10? Or will we have to wait A LONG time for that?

I've seen that some of the early titles are already reduced -- for example, Perfect Dark for $29.99. What other good deals have people taken advantage of so far?

I am so excited to finally have a "next gen" system!

I got a new Perfect Dark Zero for $20. I expect Kameo and PGR to be around there by the end of summer.

In the future, I see games being released for $60 and within the first 6 months afterwards hovering around $45 in stores. Thats just me and my crystal ball though.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder when they will start releasing a "greatest hits" collection and, if they do, what the price will be. My guess is that they will be priced at $29.99 to mirror the $10 increase in the starting price.

Check your FYE (if you have one). I picked up Fight Night Round 3 and Hitman:Blood Money for $39.99 each, used. That was only a week or two after their release. Their used prices are better that EB/GS.

Just waiting for PREY to get there!

[quote name='sgs89']Well, I just took the plunge and ordered a 360. After holding out this long, I couldn't resist the recent deal at Overstock.com (premium system shipped for $360).

My concern now is the price of the games -- I can't stomach the thought of paying $60 for a game, not after enjoying the bounty of cheap games on the "old" systems over the last several years.

So, my question is, what are the prospects for price drops on 360 games. Do we expect to see the same pricing strategy unfold over the next year as it did on the older systems. Will we see $19.99 games? Some games being clearanced for under $10? Or will we have to wait A LONG time for that?

I've seen that some of the early titles are already reduced -- for example, Perfect Dark for $29.99. What other good deals have people taken advantage of so far?

I am so excited to finally have a "next gen" system![/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat as you and I can't wait for it to come in the mail. I know Fry's has some new titles for 47.99 like Madden and NCAA, which are titles I will be looking at. I'm also keeping an eye out on that 20 dollar Perfect Dark Zero because I am a sucker for multiplayer bots (I don't like online play). Even though rentals are more expensive than ever, that may be a viable option too.

[quote name='manofpeace20']I'm in the same boat as you and I can't wait for it to come in the mail. I know Fry's has some new titles for 47.99 like Madden and NCAA, which are titles I will be looking at. I'm also keeping an eye out on that 20 dollar Perfect Dark Zero because I am a sucker for multiplayer bots (I don't like online play). Even though rentals are more expensive than ever, that may be a viable option too.[/QUOTE]

Welcome aboard. Let's hope we can find some good game deals so our 360s don't whither on the vine!

[quote name='asaraa']Check your FYE (if you have one). I picked up Fight Night Round 3 and Hitman:Blood Money for $39.99 each, used. That was only a week or two after their release. Their used prices are better that EB/GS.

Just waiting for PREY to get there![/QUOTE]

QFT. FYE is also very strict about the condition of their used games, so you dont have to wory about getting a crapy looking game. The copy of Oblivion my brother bought there looks brand new.

[quote name='sgs89']Thanks for the info.

I wonder when they will start releasing a "greatest hits" collection and, if they do, what the price will be. My guess is that they will be priced at $29.99 to mirror the $10 increase in the starting price.[/quote]
I wouldn't be surprised if we see a few Platinum Hits titles show up right around the time the PS3 comes out. I would guess that first party PH games will be $20 and third party PH games will be $30.

Well I've personally made every 360 game that's come out so I have exclusive info on when they'll all be $20.

September 17th 2006 at 3pm. You heard it here first!

[quote name='mmn']Well I've personally made every 360 game that's come out so I have exclusive info on when they'll all be $20.

September 17th 2006 at 3pm. You heard it here first![/QUOTE]

So, you're the one responsible for the crap that has come out so far. Damn you!

bread's done
Back