Prince of Persia (PC / 2008) $1.99 + Shipping at Amazon / Gogamer

fishphoenix

CAGiversary!
[quote name='RollingSkull']Very good game. The haters were full of crap on this one. I loved it.[/QUOTE]

It certainly has a certain flavor to it. If you don't like stories or rich puzzle type games, this wouldn't be the game for you as it's less about punishing mistakes, although you will wind up doing some things over and over again until you get it right, and more about enjoying the world, the story, and figuring things out.

[quote name='Nesrie']It certainly has a certain flavor to it. If you don't like stories or rich puzzle type games, this wouldn't be the game for you as it's less about punishing mistakes, although you will wind up doing some things over and over again until you get it right, and more about enjoying the world, the story, and figuring things out.[/QUOTE]

I thought the idea was wonderful. What happens when you game over in other PoP games? You go back to the last checkpoint and have to schlep through that same platforming again. Only now it's already been done, it's easy as pie, you know precisely what to do, it's a COMPLETE waste of your time. It isn't like we're playing something with more dynamic action-y gameplay.

I hate it when people post "Deals" where the shipping is 2 to 3 times as much as the actual price of the item. fuck that.

Should be a rule against posting these fake deals.

[quote name='Metalic']I hate it when people post "Deals" where the shipping is 2 to 3 times as much as the actual price of the item. fuck that.

Should be a rule against posting these fake deals.[/QUOTE]

Uhm, a $30 dollar game is being sold at $1.99, even with shipping that's still more than $20 below its normal price.

Echoing the great game comments. People who say it's "easy" because you are "saved" by Elika don't understand that all Elika is doing is saving you the boredom of seeing a Game Over screen and re-loading. It's exactly the same as any other checkpoint system, just graceful and beautiful. :)

The pre-shipping price is unbeatable; too bad the shipping jacks it up a bit more.

[quote name='adoru']Echoing the great game comments. People who say it's "easy" because you are "saved" by Elika don't understand that all Elika is doing is saving you the boredom of seeing a Game Over screen and re-loading. It's exactly the same as any other checkpoint system, just graceful and beautiful. :)

The pre-shipping price is unbeatable; too bad the shipping jacks it up a bit more.[/QUOTE]
you said it perfectly

[quote name='War Machine']Uhm, a $30 dollar game is being sold at $1.99, even with shipping that's still more than $20 below its normal price.[/QUOTE]

No not even close. Plenty of places have had this for $10-15 with NO shipping. The idea that you would have to pay triple the price of the "deal" is fucking
stupid. Gamefly has had it pretty cheap as well before. like $5 or so with no shipping.

[quote name='Metalic']I hate it when people post "Deals" where the shipping is 2 to 3 times as much as the actual price of the item. fuck that.

Should be a rule against posting these fake deals.[/QUOTE]
That's quite true, but I give CAG's credit for posting a shipping warning in the GoGamer topic titles. There have been "forum fights" over that in the past.

Admittedly, I would have posted the shipping price in the topic title. (Why not fully inform your fellow CAG's? Is GoGamer giving CAG's commission?)

why does shipping show up as $2.99 4 me? weird....
popship.jpg

Sorry to all those upset with me not including the shipping price in the title. This was my first thread on the website, and I am used to this game normally being $30 everywhere. When I saw it for $1.99, even with shipping ~$7, I figured it would be worth posting. If you'd rather pay $15 and pay no shipping, go ahead, nobody is stopping you.

i just bought the ps3 version used for $5 from somewhere else. it is really really puurrrdy. I think the game is a lot better than the one w/ jake gillenhaal on the cover. I wish there were good puzzles though.

bread's done
Back